GDT: Oilers 2, Red Wings 6 – Game 14 – 2010-11-11 @ 5:30 PM – SNET ONE

logo AT logo
4-7-2 Record 9-3-1
Location:Joe Louis Arena
Date: November 11, 2010 @ 5:30 PM MST
TV: Sportsnet One

PRE-GAME

Happy Remembrance/Veterans Day everyone! Hope you are all remembering where this day off came from (if you have a day off.. if you don’t, I hope you remember why you’re jealous of those that do have a day off ;)).

One thing we’d like to forget, however, is the Oilers last performance in Raleigh, vs. the Hurricanes. The sign of any good team is how they respond from a game like that. Every team gets pounded now and then. The Blues are off to a flying start this season (tied for the lead in the West and only 1 loss in 12 games, going into yesterday’s game), and they were beaten badly by the Columbus Blue Jackets last night. It happens. The Oilers can put the game against the Hurricanes behind them and be that flash-of-greatness again. They also have a score to settle with the Red Wings. They played a respectful game, mostly riding the high of a spectacular Khabibulin performance.

Prediction: 4-3 Oilers, as they bring the rollercoaster back to the peak of the tracks.

Stab in the dark at lines (again)

Penner Gagner Hemsky

Lidstrom Ericsson
Kronwall Stuart
Salei Kindl

Howard

LIVE CHAT

Closed.

19 Responses to “GDT: Oilers 2, Red Wings 6 – Game 14 – 2010-11-11 @ 5:30 PM – SNET ONE”

I want to thank any vets we might have here at potf. As mentioned above, lets not forget why some of us have the day off. God Bless them all.

On the topic of the game, I hope for a win tonight, but in all honestly as long as we win tomorrow night when I go I don’t care what happens lmao. Just play them in a good close game and anything can happen. The Defense HAS to play better tonight. Go Oilers!

Oilers are going with 7 d-men tonight.. MacIntyre the lone healthy scratch, per the Oilers twitter.

3. MetalOil says:

Horcoff skated briefly during practice as well.

Update:Horcoff ruled out for tonight’s game.

+ 1 BO – In remembrance and appreciation of those who served and continue to serve our countries – thank you. Just got home from a very well attended cenotaph Remembrance Day service – nice to see lots of people. I’m a Guide leader and my husband’s a Scout leader and I’m proud our young members and their parents come out every year to the service.

Hoping for a good game to wash away the Hurricane loss.

5. otto says:

This is going to be ugly. glad I can only catch the last few minutes.

otto: This is going to be ugly. glad I can only catch the last few minutes.

I watch them all anyways, cause if the Oil have taught me anything, it’s to expect the unexpected :P You just never know. It doesn’t look good on paper though.

7. dawgtoy says:

Ouch…not again!

8. otto says:

Racki:
    I watch them all anyways, cause if the Oil have taught me anything, it’s to expect the unexpected You just never know. It doesn’t look good on paper though.

Maybe you’ll have to amend that to, “expect the unexpected… only against the Hawks”

I think the Oilers are basically stating their intentions to tank with the way they keep putting Bulin in net. I know the defence is crap, but so is he.

9. dawgtoy says:

Go figure, game 14 is in the books, and Horcoff misses his second straight game and now Hemsky looks injured. Smid took a pounding in the game and even Penner got knocked on his ass. WTF, I expect to get beat on the scoreboard by the wings, not have our asses handed to us both physically and on the scoreboards. We are rebuilding, but wow have we looked bad the last two games. I would think the phone might be ringing pretty soon down in Oklahoma, and if the boss could find somebody that could actually play center…do it right now!

Hemsky was held out by Renney. Didnt want him to get hit again and really hurt. Good news there. Tomorrow night Strudwick has to sit and Mac needs to get in the lineup. Holy Shit does Struds suck. Even Vandy has ok nights.

I’ll be glad when the Oilers get back out west again, I always seem to miss their eastern games, my son again was playing at the exact same time. Sounds like a rough one, hope Hemmer is ok. I recorded it, but sounds like it’s another one to delete.

otto:

He didn’t seem good against the Canes, and was pretty poor tonight, but he did play really well against the Wings the last time we played them, and kept the game close. He could use a rest though. Looks like they should have rested him for this one.

Dubs will start tomorrow night I would guess. Well its bed time for me. Waking up in the am and driving to Jersey for a weekend away which starts with going to the Oilers game tomorrow night. Hoping its a good game and we can somehow pull out a win.Look for me on TV!

14. otto says:

And there’s Roli over there with the shitty Islanders sporting a .924sv%, 2.10GAA and he’s only 2-9-1. Ouch.

Just about to leave for NJ. Really hoping tonight is better. Should still be fun tho!

LateNightOilFan: 2-6-1 otto, but yeah, point taken. How often do you have a goalie in the top 10 in GAA & sv% with that record? Isles are scoring 1 goal/game lately.Anyway, that ship has sailed. I’ve missed the last few games, so can’t comment much on Khabi, thought after the last game I saw he might be starting to get on a roll, but I think it’s wise to get DD in there next game. I can understand Renney giving Khabi the opportunity for a bounce back game after Carolina, and that didn’t work out, so time to go to Devan and give him a start.

Yeah, I was thinking this last night too. DD needs to play now that he’s our guy up here. No better team than the slumping Devils.

18. MetalOil says:

Just saw the highlights for last nights game and how Theo Peckham responded to scoring his first NHL goal. Wow, to score your first goal and not show any type of emotion because the team was losing bad just goes to show what type of team player he is. This guy totally gets my respect.

19. otto says:

LateNightOilFan: 2-6-1 otto, but yeah, point taken.How often do you have a goalie in the top 10 in GAA & sv% with that record?Isles are scoring 1 goal/game lately.Anyway, that ship has sailed.I’ve missed the last few games, so can’t comment much on Khabi, thought after the last game I saw he might be starting to get on a roll, but I think it’s wise to get DD in there next game. I can understand Renney giving Khabi the opportunity for a bounce back game after Carolina, and that didn’t work out, so time to go to Devan and give him a start.

Opps, my bad. Though, I could see it getting there in a a few games.

Glad to see Dubie is playing tonight.