By , November 5, 2010 10:22 am
logo AT logo
7-2-1 Record 3-5-2
Location: Rexall Place
Date: November 5, 2010 @ 7:00 PM MST
TV: Sportsnet

PRE-GAME

Despite finishing in the basement last season, the Oilers took 3 of 4 meetings against the Wings. Motor City will probably enjoy their trip to Oil Country this time around though. The Red Wings (7-2-1) are playing great hockey right now so it will a tough game for the Oilers (3-5-2) to pull out, so if we’re going 3 of 4 this year, I expect tonight might be that loss. The Oil showed some great fight last game after giving up an early lead, but no way can we go down 3-0 and expect to win games. A strong first period will be the key to any success tonight.

Datsyuk will be a player to watch tonight. He’s had a solid start and has 8 points in his last 6 games. Our boy Ebs is trying to keep up with 6 points in his last 7.

Prediction: Heartache…

Lidstrom Ericsson
Kronwall Stuart
Salei Kindl

Howard

LIVE GAME CHAT

Closed.

8 Responses to “GDT: Oilers 1, Red Wings 3 – Game 11 – 2010-11-05 @ 7:00 PM – SNET1 (302 for Shaw HD)”

Holy shit, the Wings are 7-2-1? I’ll consider us the free spot on the bingo card tonight.

2. Trogdor says:

The Blues are 7-1-2 so far and lucky me, I have Howard and Halak in one of my hockey pools.

Yeah, tonight should not be pretty. Honestly, I think I’ll go out for date night with the wife. I fully expect our D to be jail raped tonight.

Then again, we did go 3 for 4 on these guys last year. I know they will be eager to change that record as Listrom even mentioned it in his post practice interview. Renney even said “This game will be a good lesson for us.” Help!

4. MetalOil says:

Oiler-Wing games almost always go to OT/Shootouts so I think this will be a close one. Not gonna try picking a winner though.

I am surprised that the whole Mark Seidel story has not gotten all that much attention nationally. Good to see that the media can see the weed out non story’s, I fully expected this to turn into some sort of circus today.

I’m changing my vote…. 6-4 Oilers, final answer.

6. MetalOil says:

-Taylor Hall on his obsession with the #4

-Mark Seidel-Twitter(3hours ago)

That for sure is Mark Seidel’s twitter. And yah, what a stupid story. I was pretty certain it was false from the get go, so you think the guy would do a better job of fact checking.

“3 people told me this story stand by it..”

Were any of the 3: Kevin Lowe, Taylor Hall or Taylor Hall’s dad? Didn’t think so.

MetalOil: “Back home we don’t even have paint on the walls of our house, just a whole bunch of 4s.”-Taylor Hall on his obsession with the #4http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/myoilers/2010/11/05/15986766.html“3 people that told me this story stand by it but I’m now unsure of context so someone is lying but I don’t know who. Im sorry I posted it!!!”-Mark Seidel-Twitter(3hours ago)If this is his real twitter account(It looks legit) then it looks like he is trying to backpedal his way out of this thing now. I also now wonder if Mark Seidel is the one who Twitter-Killed Pat Burns?????????????????

Yeah, I wonder if it gets mentioned on HNIC at all. I doubt it since it’s a CBC story. Typical. I bet Milbury would like to talk on it, but won’t be allowed. Same with Cherry. Maybe the guys on Hockeycentral will rip this dude a new one.