By , October 2, 2010 11:07 pm
-={ Puttin’ On The Foil Presents… }=-
You just died.
logo at logo
4-1-0 Pre-season Record 6-0-0
Location: Pengrowth Saddledome
Date: October 3, 2010 @ 6:00 PM MST
TV: SNET ONE CGY (301/320 Shaw, 108/679 TELUS)

So, unfortunately the Flames continued their dominance over the Oilers, with the last game being a 5-1 loss. That puts our last win over Calgary at September 15, 2009 (in pre-season) in a 4-1 win. But the stage was set for a great end to the pre-season with some good action in the Battle of Alberta. The game was good for 40 minutes or so, but the Oilers just couldn’t stay out of the box, and that eventually cost them, despite some really good PKs. Khabibulin might have been hammered on Friday too, as at one point during a commercial break, he ran over one of the ice crew girls, drawing a comment from my girlfriend’s dad of “he skates like he drives”.

I’m hoping that the final pre-season game will be an ugly one, but not on the scoresheet. The first game had some good rough stuff, with a fantastic scrap between Ivanans and MacIntyre, a decent fight between Vandermeer and Jackman, and a tussle between Gingerballs and Whothefuckcares.

Lineups will be added when they are made available, but Millhouse already mentioned that the following players will be in the lineup, in a last ditch effort to evaluate talent: Peckham, Petiot and Belle on defense, Omark, Giroux, O’Marra, Ondrus and Jones at forward. The next round of cuts will be made on Monday.

And on an unrelated note, for you folks in the pool, don’t forget the pool drafts are tonight. For those of you in the first pool (“Foiled Again”) the draft starts at 8:00PM MDT. For those of you in the second pool (“Foiled Again Too”), the draft starts at 9:15PM MDT. You should show up a bit early, and you might want to rank your players before then, in case something happens where you can’t make the draft on time or at all.

Edmonton Oilers Projected Line-up

T.J. Brodie-Adam Pardy
Cory Sarich-Steve Staios

Kiprusoff
Karlsson

LIVE GAME CHAT

Closed.

18 Responses to “GDT: Oilers 0, Flames 1 – Pre-season Game 6 – 2010-10-03 @ 6:00 PM – SNET (..and BELL users rejoice!)”

1. dawgtoy says:

Cogliano-Penner-Eberle
    Gagner-Giroux-Brule
    Fraser-Omark-Jones
    O’Marra-MacIntrye-Ondrus
    Smid-Peckham
    Strudwick-Gilbert
    Petioit-Belle
    Deslauriers-Dubnyk

This is what the EJ and CHED have reported would be our starting lineup. Really wish decisions could have been made earlier and auditions would have been concluded by now. I really wanted the full lineup to play a PS game together before the season starts, but injuries and illness kept some out, so their last chance to impress comes tonight. The season starts Thursday vs The Flamers, then we play them two more times this month. After meeting five times in a month, I’d think the Battle of Alberta should be back on track. Here’s hoping the winless streak ends sooner rather then later.

Dustin Penner (27) – Andrew Cogliano (13) – Jordan Eberle (14)
    Alexandre Giroux (12) – Sam Gagner (89) – Gilbert Brule (67)
    Linus Omark (23) – Colin Fraser (16) – Ryan Jones (28)
    Steve MacIntyre (33) – Ryan O’Marra (42) – Ben Ondrus (25)

Ladislav Smid (5) – Theo Peckham (49)
    Jason Strudwick (43) – Tom Gilbert (77)
    Richard Petiot (37) – Shawn Belle (45)

Jeff Deslauriers (38)
    Devan Dubnyk (40)

Dawgtoy beat me to it. Not the strongest line-up but they’ve surprised us and Nucks’ fans before [/snicker]. Looks like its going to be a fight for the last defensive pairing tonight!

Probable D-men Line Up

Gilbert – Whitney
    Smid – Foster
    VanD – *FIGHTING FOR THIS SPOT TONIGHT*

Most of the bubble guys are playing tonight, with the exception of the Red Ox, I expect a game with most of the guys putting it all on the line tonight, should be good.

3. Hockey Noob says:

Yeah, this lineup isn’t what I was hoping for. The defensive pairings are particularly weak. Watching the Oilers lose to Calgary hurts even in the preseason. I don’t expect much tonight.

4. Greg Garreck says:

The game isn’t on Bell because it’s on Sportsnet CGY – which is Sportsnet One. Bell is REALLY dropping the ball on this

Greg: Is it?! Argh… I’ll update the post. I didn’t realize that. That really sucks.

Dawgtoy: Thanks for the lines, I’ll update the post.

This might be a tough game to watch, but you never know. It’s obviously all about evaluation tonight. But the way we beat Vancouver with a crap line up… you just never know, right?

Channel 301 on shaw, so that would be sportsnet one

Chatbox be up.

8. Spartacus says:

I would have liked to see Omark on the top two lines. I realize there’s not really a spot open in the top six for the regular season, but does lining him up with Fraser and Jones on the third line really give Omark a chance to show his skill? I don’t think so.

9. Spartacus says:

Seriously, we’re not getting this game on TV either? WTF? This has gone beyond ridiculous and into the realm of “I’m gonna fuckin’ snap if someone don’t figure this shit out!”

Tied at 24s after the half. Great game so far.

12. dawgtoy says:

Alex Tanguay-Olli Jokinen-Jarome Iginla
    Niklas Hagman-Mikael Backlund-Rene Bourque
    Curtis Glencross-Stefan Meyer-Tim Jackman
    Raitis Ivanans-Craig Conroy-Brett Sutter

Robyn Regehr-Ian White
    Jay Bouwmeester-Mark Giordano
    T.J. Brodie-Adam Pardy
    Cory Sarich-Steve Staios

Flames counter with this…? Well we’ll see how badly somebody want a roster spot.

Racki: Yah that sucks for you Bell peeps. Call and chew out Bell. I wonder what Sportsnet is charging for their channel, since Shaw will have it “for free” in one of their regular packages when the preview is over (not sure if TELUS is doing the same).

I’m actually comparison shopping on Shaw vs. Bell right now. Shaw homephone is coming soon to our neighborhood and I think once it does, we’ll just bundle it all together. Savings would be about $50 a month with tip top packages, so it seems like a no brainer, especially since we’ll likely be adding two tvs soon from one.

I have all my services with Shaw (i.e. phone/internet/TV) and I’m quite happy. Rarely have any issues with any of them. Generally I have the odd internet prob, and I’m pretty sure that’s just crappy wireless in my house.

15. hemmerlady says:

Did not see the game (!@#@ sportsnet one). Anything interesting happen?

To be honest, you missed a snoozer. Deslauriers played lights out though. Aside from that, not much happened of any real relevance.

Smid got hurt though and may have suffered a broken nose. Was also worry that he may have hurt his neck, but that looks to not be the case.

Well, she did miss out on an awesome fantasy draft and a full season of good times with all us Foilers in the yahoo league!!

Well, there is that, yes.. :P