By , October 1, 2010 2:00 pm
-={ Puttin’ On The Foil Presents… }=-
logo vs. logo
4-0-0 Pre-season Record 5-0-0
Location: Rexall Place
Date: October 1, 2010 @ 7:00 PM MST
TV: SNET1 (BOOOOO!)

Well, the rosters have reduced, the young guns are all in the lineup, and the goons are dressed to protect them.  Still preseason, but…

“LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!”

The battle of Alberta starts off tonight with the Oilers having the home field advantage.  It will be the first battle for a number of players, and also the first for former Oiler Steve Staios, who was traded to Calgary last season on March 3rd.  When asked about the match up, Steady replied, “Lots of emotions coming back here. This is a pretty special place for me…”  Me too buddy, but this is our house, and you are now our enemy.

Preseason bragging rights are on the line tonight as well with both teams playing perfect hockey thus far.  The Oilers have won all 4 of their contests and the Flames have done the same in their 5 games.

Expect Khabibulin to get the full 60 tonight (we won’t need OT or a shootout to beat these bums), which should give us a better idea of his readiness.  Dubnyk/Deslauriers may split time in the final pre season game, so this is likely Nikolai’s last chance to warm up before the games start to count.

I’ll attempt to enable the chat box if I can find out where it is…

Edmonton Oilers Projected Line-up

Bouwmeester Staios
Pardy Brodie

Karlsson
Kiprusoff

LIVE GAME CHAT

Closed.

12 Responses to “GDT: Oilers vs. Flames – Pre-season Game 5 – 2010-10-01 @ 7:00 PM – SNET1 (SHAW – yup, TELUS – highly likely, Bell – When hell freezeth over)”

1. mrgod2u says:

Cut and paste isn’t your friend…. I believe the title may need to mention the Flames instead of the “Yotes…

2. Trogdor says:

I have no idea what you’re talking about…

But thanks!

3. mrgod2u says:

Right, I must have been pre-drunk for the game ;)

4. Trogdor says:

Now… Why is the table jacked?

Live game chat up (Trogdor, take a look at the post if you want the code for future reference).

And what table are you talking about?

6. Kokoling says:

This game shows my point. The Oilers should put Khabibulin on waivers, NOT Gerber.
    Gerber is a better goalie and he is much cheaper.

7. DropIt says:

mwahahahahaha

pre season champs!!!

but actually. cant wait for October 7th (?)

should be a great way to start the season

Well, its only pre-season, and lol OMB is getting the firing squad ready. Ok,they played a bad gaem, but hey its only pre-season. They took a lot of dumb penalties, but that can and I think will be fixed. This will be a season filled with ups and downs, fun and bad times. I think we all knew that. Tonight was one of those bad nights. And Dropit, your right it should be a great start to the season. Lets hope for no Khabibooboos this year…..

I didn’t see the game, went to a junior game instead. Sounds like they had a typical 3rd period collapse which we may see quite a bit of this season since it’s going to be a young team. They’re still going to be fun to watch though and they’ve been doing pretty good pre-season so far so that’s been enjoyable.

10. Spartacus says:

Frick! I just did some homework and found that Bell owns Northwestel Cable up here. I guess I’m fucked as far as Sportsnet 1. What’s Bell’s fucking problem?

I like that we’re not censored here, Racki. Makes me feel at home. Cheers.

11. Trogdor says:

So our classy fanbase booed Staios? That’s not cool. Losing 5-1 isn’t all that cool either. Not as sad about no SN1 yet but it better be in the works!

Spartacus: yup, as long as your respectful to other posters, then we don’t worry about needing any censorship.

Trogdor: I was unimpressed by the booing too. I presume they did it because he’s now wearing the jersey of the enemy, but I like Staios. I had a close view of him hitting Hemsky in the first too. I can tell he let up and he even mentioned something to him before it too (maybe “keep your head up”? lol). At any rate, he could have ran him over, but instead just bodied him off the puck.