By , October 24, 2010 11:04 am
Oklahoma City Barons on CBC

Oklahoma City Barons on CBC

Just a reminder this game is on… starting up a thread in case anyone wants to talk about it. I’ll be watching it and taking some notes.

OKC Barons line-up (best as I can figure – wingers/center might be swapped around, but I think I got who is playing with whom):

EVEN STRENGTH LINES

Giroux-Moran-McDonald
Belle-Petry

Omark-Reddox-Hartikainen
Chorney-Petiot

GOAL SUMMARY

Bulldogs goal 1:
Scored on the rush, Desharnais out-waited Gerber and tucked it around him on the deke.
Conrent, Ondrus, Marquardt, Petiot, Motin on ice for goal against.

Barons goal 1:
Ondrus win faceoff, gets to the point.. Belle to Petry and he one times it in.
Conrent, Ondrus, Marquardt, Belle Petry on ice for goal.

Barons goal 2:
Belle keeps it in at the line, spins and throws a wrister on net. Looks like a Bulldog tipped it, and then it might have also been tipped by Colin

McDonald in front too (it skipped near his stick), but it was a bouncer to begin with.
Giroux, McDonald, Moran, Petry, Belle on ice for goal.

Bulldogs goal 2 (on PP):
On the powerplay, the Bulldogs get the puck down low and go post to post with a pass to Brendon Nash (who streaked in from the point) for the tap in behind Gerber.
Ondrus, McDonald, Petry, Belle on ice for goal against.

Bulldogs goal 3 (in OT):
Giroux and Moran battle hard to keep the puck in the Bulldogs’ zone. Giroux shows great patience with a defender on him, as he fights him off and fires it through his legs and up behind Mayer.
Moran, Giroux, Petiot, Chorney on ice for goal.

OFFICIAL STATS

Click here for scoresheet.

Oklahoma City Barons 3 (OT) at Hamilton Bulldogs 2 – Status: Unofficial Final
Sunday, October 24, 2010 – Copps Coliseum

Oklahoma City 0 2 0 1 – 3
Hamilton 1 0 1 0 – 2

1st Period – 1, Hamilton, Desharnais 3 (Palushaj, Nash), 10:01.
Penalties-Maxwell Ham (hooking), 0:48; O’Marra Okc (kneeing), 3:15; served by Palushaj Ham (bench minor – too many men), 5:55; Conboy Ham (interference), 10:56; Plante Okc (fighting), 16:09; Conboy Ham (fighting), 16:09; McDonald Okc (hooking), 16:17; Wyman Ham (boarding), 18:04.

2nd Period – 2, Oklahoma City, Petry 2 (Belle, Cornet), 6:52. 3, Oklahoma City, McDonald 3 (Belle, Petry), 16:04.
Penalties-Belle Okc (hooking), 0:26; Weber Ham (holding), 11:52; Engqvist Ham (tripping), 16:15; Palushaj Ham (closing hand on puck), 16:52; Weber Ham (slashing), 17:17.

3rd Period – 4, Hamilton, Nash 2 (Desharnais, Maxwell), 4:02 (PP).
Penalties-Petry Okc (holding), 0:47; Reddox Okc (interference), 3:55; Giroux Okc (interference), 4:52; Carle Ham (slashing), 5:24; Conboy Ham (interference), 5:32; Stewart Okc (tripping), 9:37; served by Omark Okc (bench minor – too many men), 13:23.

OT Period – 5, Oklahoma City, Giroux 4 (Moran), 3:58.
Penalties-No Penalties

Shots on Goal – Oklahoma City 10-8-4-4-26. Hamilton 8-12-6-5-31.
Power Play Opportunities – Oklahoma City 0 / 10; Hamilton 1 / 8.
Goalies – Oklahoma City, Gerber 2-4-0 (31 shots-29 saves). Hamilton, Mayer 2-1-1 (26 shots-23 saves).
Attendance – 6,539
Referees – Jamie Koharski (84), Francis Charron (46).
Linesmen – Kevin Hastings (61), Jason Finley (6).

Stars:
1. Martin Gerber
2. Robert Mayer
3. Alexandre Giroux

34 Responses to “Oklahoma City Barons 3, Hamilton Bulldogs 2 (OT) – 11AM MST on NHL Network / CBC”

Barons down 1-0 so far.

Conboy just nailed Colin McDonald hard from behind. Good on Alex Plante for stepping up and dropping the gloves with him. Plante didn’t look like he got a good start at all in the fight and was on the defensive for most of it though. But good to see him stick up for a teammate.

Score is currently 1-1. A little behind on mentioning it, but Jeff Petry scored for the Barons. Ondrus won the draw… Cornet pushed it back to Belle who served one up for Petry on a platter, and he hammered it past Mayer.

Belle has just scored for the Barons, possibly tipped by McDonald… Belle just through a blind wrister on net. I think it was tipped twice on the way.

5. Trogdor says:

Two man advantage, I’d like to see a “Linus Omark” goal.

Barons on a 1:20 min 5-on 3… then Weber slashes Giroux’s stick and takes another penalty. Go Barons!

McDonald credited with the tip on the 2nd goal.

8. dawgtoy says:

Just managed to get the cartoons turned off, so now I may watch some Barons hockey. Belle seems to be making a case for becoming an Edmonton Oiler.

9. Haboiler says:

If Peckham’s hand is going to be an issue for a few games, then I think they need to bring up Belle. Strudwick shouldn’t be the 7th D.

Someone should explain to the announcers that the tripping call they thought was the Barons penalty call wasn’t the call. Interference while Omark circled around Reddox.

2-2 now on Bulldogs PP goal by Nash.

Holy hell, another penalty.. 4-on-3 for the Barons for just over a minute.

12. dawgtoy says:

Vandemeer and Struddy were brutal, but Vande over six games has been aweful. Big trouble if that’s what we have to look forward to all season on the blue line. Whitney and Gilbert need to be re-united. Smid and Foster might work, maybe Smid and Pecks would be better….I don’t know, but the thought of our D men makes me want to pull hair out by the handful.

13. hemmerlady says:

Racki, your GDT says “11 pm”. Late night!

It feels like its still night…

The GDT was actually in Siberian time, not mountain time.. :P

16. hemmerlady says:

Racki: The GDT was actually in Siberian time, not mountain time..

I knew that! I’m hip to your battle plan, Mr. Vladivostok.

hemmerlady:
    I knew that! I’m hip to your battle plan, Mr. Vladivostok.

lol

Off to OT now, btw!

Did I just hear one of the announcers (May?) say “This guy has huge balls” in regards to Ondrus?

Mayer just made a huge save on Giroux from point blank.. dammmn

Now Gerber with a couple of huge saves in OT

And again! Two huge saves with no stick

Gerber has put up the force field..

GIROUX scoorrress!! Barons win in OT

24. Haboiler says:

Nice trigger by Giroux. Guy is a pure goal scorer.

Indeed… too bad about the skating issues.

26. hemmerlady says:

I want to see Gerber play on the big team.

Get Petiot AND Belle up to the big club. Kick Vandermeer nad yes GILBERT to the curb

Racki: Gilbert is fine.. he’s just better when he’s playing with Whitney. Those two together are a winning combo. I honestly think they moved Foster to play with Whitney because Foster has some holes in his game outside of the shot that perhaps Smid can’t completely cover. Whitney can be quite a calming presence out there and generally affords guys the ability to make mistakes. I don’t think they’re going to be moving Vandermeer anywhere, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Belle here at all. It’s probably best they leave him there a while longer though so he can continue to build up confidence. Dominating at the AHL level and the NHL level are two very different things. Belle has a good toolset though that can translate at the NHL level, but I think he needs to build the confidence to use it.

I hope that they re-sign Belle after the season. He could be our next Jason Smith type project. I think Vandermeer is at the most a 1 year guy for this team. I’ll be upset if he is anything more than that. Hes a plug to let our young talent develop a little more in OKC.

30. wpgoilerfan says:

i thought omark looked good out there today he won alot of battles for the puck and used his teamates well but it is evident he needs better players to play with for his game to evolve,I think the oil should consider sending paajarvi down for a stint he needs some much needed cofidence in the offensive side of the game and maybe he could build some chemistry with omark and then theycould bring both of them up at the same time.

Welcome, wpgoilerfan… yah, I think Paajarvi has probably been the one rookie that seems to struggle the most so far. I actually thought he would have the easiest transition. I kinda figure that the Oilers won’t send any of the 3 down, but I think it would be nice to have Paajarvi and Omark playing together there, and it could give Paajarvi some needed confidence too (that said, I do think with some regular, solid linemates here, he’ll likely be OK).

Who would you bring up in return?

32. John says:

hemmerlady: I want to see Gerber play on the big team.

Damn straight! I don’t see how he could be any worse than “5 Hole Khabi”. Who knows, maybe Gerber could take the team on a couple game winning streak to get them some confidence back.

33. wpgoilerfan says:

I would bring up liam reddox he’s been playing with omark so it would be an easy switch and the oil could use his energy on the third line or fourth line maybe we could give jones a shot at the third line roll i’m not sure if he is cut out to be a pure checker I think there is a little bit more to his game then that if put with the right players.no matter what we do it would be short term.I really think omark deserves a fair shot (playing with our top players)just like the other 3 rookies,his development is ahead of all three of them,as it should be cosidering his age.the only one comparable at this stage is eberle.