Tambellini trims training camp roster by 20

By , September 20, 2010 5:22 pm
Back to the Q, for Jeremie Blain

Back to the Q, for Jeremie Blain

No surprises here.. here is the info from the Oilers official email:

Edmonton Oilers General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today the club has assigned the following eight players to their respective junior clubs today:

Jeremie Blain (D) assigned to Acadie-Bathurst (QMJHL)
Tyler Bunz (G) assigned to Medicine Hat (WHL)
Drew Czerwonka (LW) assigned to Kootenay (WHL)
Brandon Davidson (D) assigned to Regina (WHL)
Curtis Hamilton (LW) assigned to Saskatoon (WHL)
Martin Marincin (D) assigned to Prince George (WHL)
Ryan Martindale (C) assigned to Ottawa (OHL)
Kristians Pelss (LW) assigned to Edmonton (WHL)

The Oilers have also released the following four players from their amateur tryout contracts and assigned them to their respective clubs:

Dallas Ehrardt (D) assigned to Moose Jaw (WHL)
Chase Schaber (C) assigned to Kamloops (WHL)
Dominik Schlumpf (D) assigned to Shawinigan (QMJHL)
Nolan Toigo (D) to UBC (CIS)

The following five players have been assigned to Oklahoma City (AHL):

Jordan Bendfeld (D)
Philippe Cornet (LW)
Milan Kytnar (C)
Matt Marquardt (LW)
Bryan Pitton (G)

The following three players have been released from their amateur tryout contracts with the Oilers and have been invited to Oklahoma City on a tryout:

Jesse Gimblett (LW)
James Livingston (LW)
Mike Thomas (RW)

8 Responses to “Tambellini trims training camp roster by 20”

1. John says:

Like you said, no suprises. I hope Thomas makes the Barons, I liked his game during the Rookie Tournament.

Thomas got tuned good in one fight though. LOL Like, real bad. But he seemed OK other than that.

I think Livingston is a guy I hope to see on the Barons too.

Isn’t that the fight that Thomas was jumped, head-locked and pounded on by that guy that was like twice his size(Mashinter I think?), before he even really had a chance to drop his gloves?

lol, can’t really hold that against him.

Good to see Livingston get a tryout in OKC too, If he plays like he did in the YS tourney, he should make the team.

hhaha, yah, I think he had enough time to get his gloves off, but he was mugged for sure, and yes, can’t hold it against him, and I’m not. That just wasn’t a way a guy wants to be known by his camp performance. :P

lol, indeed.

I’m looking for a big year from Cornet in OKC. He’s got great potential in my estimation. Also I hope Kytnar turns into the defenssive prodigy he was drafted for.

7. oilinblood says:

was livingston 69? Whoever 69 was was demolishing guys quite often.

Difficult number to not take notice of.

Livingston was indeed #69…