Last call for a pool party

By , September 21, 2010 3:16 pm

I'd have no problem with her in any of my locker rooms

Well, the Putting on the Foil pool filled up pretty quick (and it looks to be an awesome year) but there have been a few comments here and there about people that missed out.

So, due to this we are thinking about putting together another pool. Racki and myself (possibly Trogdor but I haven’t asked him yet) will be participating in this one as well, but it will only go forward if we can get at least 8-10 people.

Post a comment here if you are in.

Also, if anyone in the other pool wants in to a second one I’m sure we can do that, but obviously first dibs goes to those that may have missed out on the last one.

And again, if we don’t get enough people then we won’t go forward with this one.

75 Responses to “Last call for a pool party”

I know YDNAR is a guy that mentioned interest, as well as Samus (was in last year’s pool). Anyone else? If we get enough people, will do another one.

I’ll join the second pool too (unless there aren’t enough spots).

I was thinking of how to link the two together… ideas? One I thought of would be to have the top teams in each pool compete in a playoff pool (and the bottom teams compete in another, if enough people are in it). Another would be to just compare scores at the end.. highest of either pool wins the cool trophy we’ve yet to figure out (trust me, it will be lame as hell… we do this for free, remember).

As stated before, I’ll be in it too, and my wife will join as well if we need more.

3. Haboiler says:

If you need another one, I will join the 2nd onem as well.

4. MetalOil says:

I’m in

We atill doing the first one right? Cause I only wanna do one!

Yes we are doing the first one. This is mainly for people who missed out on the first one but still want a shot at Racki

7. morton says:

I am in dude guy.

8. Samus says:

I’m in.

9. DropIt says:

Why don’t you make the second pool a ‘B’ pool? If we divide the 2 leagues into divisions then the bottom team in each division can be demoted to pool B while the top team in each division can be promoted to pool A.

Just a thought, I’ve done something similar with a football pool

DropIt: You mean at the end of the year we move the teams around like that? (which would work only if people continue the pool for multiple seasons or for the playoffs). That definitely works for me. Is that what you mean though?

11. DropIt says:

Yes. It was early and I couldn’t even uinderstand what I was typing. But basically yes.

If we can get 2 full leagues running we can promote and demote so there is at least some incentive in doing well.

Then we can buy the winner of Pool A a beer when the season is over and we are watching the Flames advance to round 3

OK, so I’ve got the following people so far:

Gr8one, his gf/wife that is quite likely to good to be with him, me, Steve-O, MetalOil, Morton, Samus, Dawgtoy and YDNAR (and HabOiler if there is room/need). Anyone else?

13. mrs.gr8one says:

What a perfect evening to pop in here. I was just telling mr.gr8one tonight I wanted another shot at Racki this season (while we were watching “The League.”) And yes, I’m way too good for him, but he’s hot so I put up with his other shortcomings.

haha nice. Well, good to have you back. You surprised us last year with some good battles towards the end of the year.

I have shortcomings?

16. mrs.gr8one says:

Not really, but I can’t let the other guys know that.

lol, stop acting so nice, I’ll still own you in fantasy hockey. :p

18. DropIt says:

you two are sickening

yeah, it actually kinda made me a little sick too. sorry.

lol

ok, I’m about to go get the second league setup and an idea popped in to my mind, and I’ll throw it out there to see what you guys think.

Since it’s looking like this league will have 10, and the other one has 14, I was thinking if there were a couple of players in the other league that aren’t going to be in both, voluntarily left that league and joined this one to make both leagues have 12 players.

Just a little more balance, plus I think a 14 manager league will probably have some pretty thin lineups, but 12 manager leagues are pretty much ideal.

anyways, food for thought. Let me know what ya’ll think.

Also, I’ll go ahead and set the draft time for this league either an hour before or an hour after the other leagues, but I can change that too if necessary.

Racki
    Steve-O
    Dawgtoy
    YDNAR
    Samus
    Morton
    retr0chick(mrs.gr8one)
    Me

Invites sent out to above people. :)

And Racki, to answer your question from the email you sent me…do you know which team name Metal&Oil had from last year? Was it Oilers9909? If so, he has his email hidden.

Anyways, as it stands now that’ll be 8 in league two, two more would be nice, or one if M&O pipes up and joins.

MetalOil, send me an e-mail at contact@puttingonthefoil.com so I know your e-mail address ( I wouldn’t put it up here, just in case some dipshit bot script scrapes for e-mail addresses and sends you spam about dong surgery ).

Any volunteers for moving over to the other league? Or do we have two more people that want to join up??

23. MetalOil says:

I sent an email to the above mentioned address.

Hey Racki, I just saw your team name in the 2nd league and thought you might want to know you misspelled “chumpions”.

you need the “u”, not the “a”.

M&O: invite sent. :)

haha I tried to put Racki’s Glorious Reigning Champions of Infinite Awesomeness and League Domination, but I guess there is a silly limit on length of team name..

I changed my name from Bad mofo’s to Chuckers puckers. If I was already tired of the joke, everyone else must have been too. Although I will switch my name on occasion just to keep peeps on their toes.

lol, yeah…I will always be d0nkey.punch in my yahoo leagues since it has historical significance now.

28. dawgtoy says:

I’m in, I’ll do my thing once I put the kids to bed, thanks boys!

29. dawgtoy says:

Rather complicated procedure to get all hooked up, this is a draft based on bidding for players against each other, in a nutshell?

What did you find complicated dawgtoy? it’s all different for me since I’m commish, but I don’t recall anything to complicated when I joined as a regular manager before?

Anyways, I think you’re thinking of an auction style draft, which this is not.

Yahoo randomly selects the draft order an hour(I think it’s an hour) prior to the draft time, and then we just make our selections based on that. It’s also a snake draft, which means whoever drafts first in round one, selects last in round two, and the last place drafter gets the first pick in the second round, etc, etc…

I’d recommend to everyone to log into their leagues and just click around and get used to navigating around in there. especially the players area, where yahoo ranks all of the players and you can sort by all the different stat categories.

I’d probably also recommend trying out some mock drafts too…they’re just for practice, free and take about a half an hour, and it’s a great way to see how it all works and get a good feel for it all.

Also, if for some reason anyone cannot make the draft they can login and rank their own players/preferences and position priorities. Please do this, if anyone cannot make it.

Again, if anyone has any questions, just ask. You can ask here, or send me an email from the league, or post a question or comment in the comments section of the league.

We need one more player for the second league.

There are currently nine teams, and we need an even number.

Your league currently contains an odd number of teams
    You must have an even number of teams in order to determine schedule and draft”

c’mon people, one more!

32. mrs.gr8one says:

For those of you who didn’t play on the league with me last year, please know, I don’t trade. Ever. I always feel like you guys who know more about hockey are tricksters so I won’t trade. Not even with mr.gr8one. Although, I have made it clear to him this year he could get a trade on my consideration radar if he backs it up with a great pair of new shoes and a handbag. For me. Not him. (This time.)

*facepalm*

gr8one: We need one more player for the second league.There are currently nine teams, and we need an even number.”Your league currently contains an odd number of teamsYou must have an even number of teams in order to determine schedule and draft”c’mon people, one more!

ill do it if you need

Gr8one, I hear if you buy Steve-O a nice handbag, he’ll trade with you too.

36. dawgtoy says:

Thanks for clearing that up, the mock draft I participated in was an auction style. That was rather tedious. It just took me a little while to figure out how to navigate around and to sign in. I’m not a computer Ra-tard, but sometimes I can be a little thick, maybe a few too many concussions in my youth.

So the draft is tomorrow night? Yikes, guess I’d better check out the site again and do a mock draft.

38. Mr.Majestyk says:

I did a couple mock drafts. I had 10th and 7th picks. By the end of the draft there’s plenty of good players on every roster, but it definitely can be agonizing waiting for your next pick.

Mock drafts? Oh my. I better put my serious hat on for tomorrow.

40. Mr.Majestyk says:

oh come on chucker, you’ve never done a mock draft?

lol…

ok BO, Imma send you an invite to this…make sure and accept before the draft or the draft will get pushed until we get an even number!!

right on, thanks BO for stepping up and doing the second pool

Btw, a billion, trillion thanks to Gr8one for organizing/managing both pools. I’m way too lazy for that shit…

44. Mr.Majestyk says:

Not only am I too lazy to organize the pool, I wouldn’t know where to begin! Thanks gr8one.

PS, if you want to make a trade with me, you won’t even need to by me a bag.

No problem guys. :)

Boston, c`mon man…get joined up!!!! we`re still odd numbered!

We might have to take just about anyone if he doesn’t join up soon.

Indeed, at this point, I don’t care who, as long as they manage their team. lol

48. Haboiler says:

if he bails, let me know and I will take that spot.

Thanks Haboiler! Way to be a team player.. lol

You are already in the other pool too, right?

Hurry up, B.O.!

50. Haboiler says:

Yep I’m in the other one as well.