Pat Burns still kicking

By , September 17, 2010 9:35 am
...just in case you were wondering

...just in case you were wondering

Who rumors that a guy passed away when he isn’t dead yet? Damn you, Twitter.

“Pat Burns just called me. Seriously,” McKenzie posted. “Here’s what he said, ‘Here we go again. They’re trying to kill me before I’m dead. I come to Quebec to spend some time with my family and they say I’m dead. I’m not dead, far f—— from it. They’ve had me dead since June. Tell them I’m alive. Set them straight.'”

This whole situation reminds me of Monty Python’s The Holy Grail – “I’m not dead!…. Feeling fine!!! I think I’m going to pull through..”

edit: for those wondering what this article is about…. CTV and several others had reported that Pat Burns passed away this morning. This post was initially to state that, but has since changed to what you see now.

10 Responses to “Pat Burns still kicking”

The cancer finally got the best of him (after several battles). He will always be remembered as one of the smartest defensive coaches in the game.

2. Mr.Majestyk says:

it was a long battle with a terrible disease. It was nice to hear that he was surrounded by friends/family in the end.

It’ssss a Christmas miracle!

News of his death may have been exaggerated. It’s now being reported that his son says he’s still alive.

4. Mr.Majestyk says:

geez Racki, where do you get your info, Eklund Twatwaffle?

In all seriousness though, even if he is still alive, it appears that he hasn’t got much time left, so I will let my earlier comments stand.

Yah same here.

And my original info came from several sources :P Puck Daddy, Team 1040, Elliot Friedman, Fan 590, The Hockey News… several others.

Still waiting to hear though if it is true or not. Seems kind of odd that a rumor like that would spread if not true.

i’m sure it was an e5 so i’ll go easy on you

I’m one of many people hoaxed.

Biggest hoax since Joaquin Phoenix.

Pat begs to differ. I know I posted a link saying he has returned to his family in Quebec last night, but it didn’t say he died.

Like everyone else here, I have tremendous respect for the man and am glad he is able to spend time with his family and friends before he eventually goes, which sounds like it may not be long, but then again, it sounded like he was almost gone after the arena announcement.

In any case, God’s speed Pat. It’s a crime that you were not inducted into the hall before you pass from this Earth.

9. dawgtoy says:

The old Irish cop is still kicking…Awesome. Much love and admiration for the man ,and the love he had for the game.