New site theme

By , August 5, 2010 12:19 am
Uh.. yah, I dunno either.

Uh.. yah, I dunno either.

This short post is just to let you all know that there is a new theme available. You can switch between any of the themes using the theme switcher drop down (the new theme is called “MyMag” – yah, I don’t name these things… ). You’ll probably notice some quirks with the new theme. Feel free to either e-mail me at contact@puttingonthefoil.com about it, or just mention it in the General Discussion section. I’m sure there will be a few bugs here and there, but I’ll work them out as I can. On that note, the feature post slider at the top of the new theme won’t show pics for any of the older posts.

18 Responses to “New site theme”

There definitely will be some new bugs to work through with this new theme, so some of you might want to stay on the old (Panorama is the previous theme) for a bit while those are worked out. But for you adventurous / bored folks, you can try out the new theme now.

I will be updating it off and on for a while to improve it.

Racki, where did you find that picture lol

Steve-O’s private collection

4. Mr.Majestyk says:

I still use Patagonia theme. Serious.

Hahah that’s cool. I don’t expect everyone to like one particular theme. Just giving various options. How many Oil blogs do you know where you can even pick them, I guess, hey?

But each of them still have all the same features, I believe.

6. Mr.Majestyk says:

well one of the things I like best about Patagonia is that the links, polls, and recent comments are on the right side of the screen. The new one does the same thing, so who knows, maybe I’ll make the change.

Interesting you say that… the middle them (panorama) I actually could have the sidebar on the right too. Not sure why i put it on the left… something different?

8. Mr.Majestyk says:

creature of habit. I got used to seeing the sidebar on the right so when the new theme came out with it on the left, I just stuck with the originator. Just another great thing about the Foil, options!

lol, I’m the complete opposite, I like everything down the left side, so it’s panorama for me!

btw, since the the new theme was added under the “recent comments” the poster’s name has been showing in a different column than the post…I don’t like it. :p

Racki: haha funny you should say that, cause I just changed that. It has nothing to do with the new theme, fyi. You guys might not have noticed, but I added our little pics in there. But I changed it up so the name/pic is on the same line as the text.And there you go… the fact that some like the left sidebar, some like the right makes me happy that I kept the old themes intact, since different people have different preferences.

hehe, much better!

12. Smokin' Ray says:

Cool! I like the new one. And the old one. IT’S HARD TO CHOOSE!!!

I’m with MM on this. Right

Racki: Steve-O’s private collection

lol, only God knows what else might be in there.

I like the old theme with the stuff on the left side, but I think I’ll make the switch. Both themes are pretty good though.

FYI, this new theme has been activated as the default theme.. so those of you who were rockin’ the default theme (Panorama) might need to switch back, if you are attached to it.

16. Chappy says:

This thing is beautiful.

I give it eight stars.

Cheers

I can’t take all the credit, since I hacked up an existing theme for WordPress, but glad to hear you like it, thanks!

The only flaw I’m aware of with this theme right now is that the Polls don’t work on it (you can’t submit them). I’ll try and get this one working with that, as I know several people like to answer those polls. Not a deal breaker or anything though, at least.