CBC to show an OKC Barons game for a 10-game “AHL on CBC”

By , August 19, 2010 2:21 pm

Catch an OKC Barons game on CBC this year..

Catch an OKC Barons game on CBC this year..

The game will be shown on CBC on October 24th.

Per Oilers.com:

The Oklahoma City Barons of the American Hockey League will be featured as part of a 10-game Canadian Broadcasting Company (CBC) series called “AHL on CBC” during the 2010-11 season, the American Hockey League office announced today.

All 10 games in the AHL on CBC series will feature AHL teams affiliated with one of the six Canadian NHL teams. The Barons, the primary developmental affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers, will be showcased October 24 when they travel to Ontario to play the Hamilton Bulldogs, top affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens. Faceoff is set for 1 p.m. (EDT). Other teams participating are the Abbotsford Heat (Calgary Flames), Manitoba Moose (Vancouver Canucks), Toronto Marlies (Toronto Maple Leafs) and Binghamton Senators (Ottawa Senators).

CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada Saturday broadcasts will be followed by an AHL on CBC game on 10 Sunday afternoons, giving fans across Canada a chance to cheer on the NHL stars of tomorrow. All games will also be available live and on-demand on CBCSports.ca.

In operation since 1936, the AHL continues to serve as the top development league for the players, coaches, managers, executives and broadcasters of all 30 National Hockey League teams. More than 85 percent of today’s NHL players are American Hockey League graduates, and for the ninth year in a row, more than 6 million fans attended AHL games across North America.

CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada’s national public broadcaster and one of its largest cultural institutions. The Corporation is a leader in reaching Canadians on new platforms and delivers a comprehensive range of radio, television, Internet and satellite-based services. Deeply rooted in the regions, CBC/Radio-Canada is the only domestic broadcaster to offer diverse regional and cultural perspectives in English, French and eight Aboriginal languages.

Just 51 days remain until the Barons season opener October 9 at the newly renovated Cox Convention Center. Season tickets and mini packs are available by calling 232-GOAL (4625) or by visiting the Barons website at okcbarons.com..

AHL on CBC 2010-11 Broadcast Schedule
Schedule subject to change…
All games also available live and on-demand on CBCSports.ca

Sunday, Oct. 17 – Binghamton at Toronto, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Oct. 24 – Oklahoma City at Hamilton, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Nov. 21 – Hamilton at Toronto, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Dec. 12 – Toronto at Hamilton, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Jan. 16 – Toronto at Abbotsford, 2:00 ET
Sunday, Jan. 23 – Abbotsford at Manitoba, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Feb. 27 – Manitoba at Toronto, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Mar. 6 – Hamilton at Toronto, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Mar. 27 – Abbotsford at Manitoba, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Apr. 3 – Manitoba at Toronto, 1:00 ET

9 Responses to “CBC to show an OKC Barons game for a 10-game “AHL on CBC””

Cool, now only if I had CBC.

I really ought to order me a Canadian satellite dish.

2. mrgod2u says:

cool, depending on who is down after training camp it could be a really good opportunity to see some real game footage of our developing stars. It could also be an opportunity to see our career AHL’ers play Montreal’s…

I’ll watch it either way!

gr8one: Cool, now only if I had CBC.I really ought to order me a Canadian satellite dish.

For us Oilers fans down in the States, NHL Network usually does a good job of hooking us up with stuff only on TSN and CBC. Remember they showed Oil Change, and two years ago did hockey night in Canada (Since picked up by NHL Center Ice).

Just keep your eyes out for the game on NHL Netwrok!

I think CBC streams some (or all?) games online.. but they might only stream to Canadians, like how we can’t watch some American TV online (legally).

Bostonoiler:
    Just keep your eyes out for the game on NHL Netwrok!

hehe…yeah, except I live in a fairly rural region in the south and our only choice of cable provider doesn’t carry NHL network.

And I can’t stand the thought of rewiring my house for satellite as my main TV service as I have far too many TV’s and I like the tidy-ness of my built in cable jacks, so I’m thinking if I were to get just one sat receiver for the man cave and keep my cable, it might as well be a Canadian satellite feed!

And yes Racki, you need a Canadian IP to watch those feeds and I sure as damn have never been able to figure out a way to do a proxy.

6. Mr.Majestyk says:

Rural region in the south? Do you by chance play the banjo? :D

lol…nope, but I am kinda skeered going into the woods.

:p

8. Mr.Majestyk says:

such a good movie. Gotta love The Burt in that.

gr8one: lol…nope, but I am kinda skeered going into the woods.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJn-jBGa6RM:p

One of my all time favorites. Squeal like a big boy!!

Mountain men were really misunderstood. They were the Perez Hilton’s and Rupaul’s of their day.