Hall Signs / Oilers Announce New Medical Trainer and Equipment Personnel

By , July 5, 2010 10:06 am

Taylor Hall has signed with the Oilers, as per Edmonton Journal’s Joanne Ireland:

Taylor Hall, the Oilers’ prized pick from last month’s entry draft, is now under contract.

The Oilers have called a news conference to announce the three-year deal. It is expected to equal the entry-level deal that John Tavares signed with the New York Islanders last year.

His base salary was $900,000 US each season, with several performance bonuses.

Hall, who was at the Edmonton Eskimos season opener on Sunday, will be at the Oilers prospect camp, which gets underway on Tuesday.

The 18-year-old winger told The Journal’s Dan Barnes that he expected to spend some of his signing bonus on a new car. He figured some new clothes might also be on the list.

From Oilers Official e-mail:

General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today the Edmonton Oilers have named T.D. Forss Head Athletic Therapist.

Tambellini also announced today, Jeff Lang has been promoted to the position of Head Equipment Manager and Brad Harrison has joined the Oilers organization as the club’s new Assistant Equipment Manager.

10 Responses to “Hall Signs / Oilers Announce New Medical Trainer and Equipment Personnel”

Just in case it was missed, Brule also filed for salary arbitration, expectedly.

So, add in two unexpected players filing for arbitration:

JF Jacques and Jeff Deslauriers

Per Lowetide over at Oilers Nation.. yes, Oilers Nation (in case some of you missed that: http://oilersnation.com/2010/7/5/3-oilers-file-for-salary-arbitration

I doubt Brule gets more than 1.4-1.6. He’s not established enough to get more. As for JFJ and JDD…..Bwhahahahahahaha! Gumption is right. Say hello to Ryan Stone everyone. He’s the new JFJ.

Honestly, I like JFJ (I think I’m one of 2 people in Edmonton that like him), but him filing for arbitration is a bit of a surprise given that he’s been injured so much and really hasn’t put in any offense at all. I like him as a checker/energy guy, but really, he hasn’t gotten to the point where he should be deserving of a big raise. As for JDD.. uh.. yah, not even close, sorry.

I think JDD should have been traded, even before arbitration. I can’t see him getting much in arbitration. JFJ, well, I’m not sure what he’s asking, but I would guess that the arbitrator would favor the Oilers’ case.

And I agree, that around $1.5M is probably a reasonable figure to expect for him to get.

Wow…I like JFJ too…but those are some kahunas fining for arbitration. I wonder who is advising him, because that’s just stupid.

As far as Stone goes, unfortunately it looks like his knee hasn’t rehabbed well at all, and he is pretty much done.

here is an excerpt from a recent Guy Flaming column where he talks about it…

[i] – there is some speculation out there that UFA Ryan Stone may miss the year, if not longer, because of the severity of the damage in his knee. Stone appeared in 27 NHL games with the Edmonton Oilers last year and is free to sign anywhere as an unrestricted free agent but the thought is that he wouldn’t pass a physical. One source suggested he could turn up in Oklahoma in some off-ice bench/staff capacity.
    -Guy Flaming[/i]

it’s actually a pretty informative read overall about misc. Oiler related stuff.

sucks about Stone btw, I really liked what I saw out of him, but I guess it explains why we hadn’t heard much about him regarding his future.

6. Mr.Majestyk says:

JFJ and JDD could have filed because they want to become UFA’s. They will either get a decent raise and stay with the Oilers or the Oilers will refuse to pay and cut them loose. At that point they are free to play anywhere, which might be to their liking.

Was Ryan Stone pressured to come back and play by management before his knee fully healed?

I doubt an arbitor will reward either of them with big raises…JDD maybe, but JFJ doesn`t have stats nor playing time, and a history of injuries…I`m not exactly sure what he even plans on using to plead his case. Ridiculous tbh.

I wonder if its possible they filed with the blessing of the Oiler’s just so they can’t be signed to offer sheets

If that’s the case, I’m not sure why the players would agree to that, because really a player can say no to an offersheet… so instead of filing for arbitration, they might as well just hold off and tell their agent not to accept any other offers.

And well, I’d be surprised if these guys got an offersheet anyways.