Monday Morning Standings – Finals Edition & MPS Signs Entry deal!

By , June 1, 2010 2:52 pm

Apparently there are women on the internerd, and so to be fair (and as requested in the comments) we have our first MMS Dude (don't worry boys, just look inside the post). Anyways, here we have Seguin bringing out the "gun show".

Seriously, that is the best pic I could find for the ladies…its not as easy as one would think.

And this will be the final MMS for the season I think…not sure I should/could keep it going for the entire off-season.  There is still lots to discuss as Oiler fans this off-season, with the draft coming up in 22 days, July 1st and other typical stuff and while we can cover that I’m not sure we need the MMS.

Another week has come and gone, and it looks like the Blackhawks have gotten into a pretty dominating position against the Flyers.

Up 2 games to none, they just need to pull one out in Philly and I think the series is a lock.

Still waiting for Toews/Kane/Byfuglien to get started.  If they do then the Flyers are going to have some problems, because I think its pretty obvious that lines 2-4 for the Hawks are better than 2-4 for the Flyers.

Pronger is awesome.  That keeping the puck stuff rules…although if the Hawks do what MetalOil suggested then that will be even more awesome (Eager grab the game puck before Pronger and then try to hand it to him).  Anyways, back to Pronger.  His dealing with the media and just how he plays is great.  Although I don’t remember him playing that dirty in Edmonton, but that’s probably just me turning away from it at that time.

Other than Pronger, the rest of Philly needs to decide to show up in order to make this a series.

Finally in the pool, I (me, Steve-O) am in number 1! Huzzah!  Racki is 12th and Trogdor is 19th.

And finally, for the boys…

And all is right in the world.

UPDATE @ 3:00PM: The Oilers have signed Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson to a 3-year entry level deal! That is fantastic news. It was too be expected, but good to hear there were no problems in doing that. I know some of you folks were getting nervous out there about it.

UPDATE @ 3:45PM: Dan Tencer says via twitter that MPS stated that he wasn’t guaranteed a spot on the team. He says he will play in the AHL if he doesn’t make the team, but he doesn’t think that will happen. That’s exactly what I wanted to hear.

25 Responses to “Monday Morning Standings – Finals Edition & MPS Signs Entry deal!”

1. MetalOil says:

Breaking News (oiler site) MPS has been signed to an entry level contract !!! Yeah Baby !!!

Damn you’re fast. I just got the e-mail and was going to append o to this article.. will do now though.

Anyways, that is fantastic that they signed him. I didn’t doubt that they would, but it’s nice to have that stuff all dealt with in a timely fashion.

Seguin looks friggin’ ripped!! Holy shit. Now that I’ve seen this, it’s another day and time for me to change my opinion again. Take Seguin!! Man, this is truly a tough decision for these guys despite all the brilliant arguments I’ve made to take Hall… :P

5. victoriaoilerfan says:

chucker: Seguin looks friggin’ ripped!! Holy shit. Now that I’ve seen this, it’s another day and time for me to change my opinion again. Take Seguin!! Man, this is truly a tough decision for these guys despite all the brilliant arguments I’ve made to take Hall… EDIT: Also, nice on the Monday morning standing’s girl. Idea***** You should advertise online for girls to be the monday morning standings girl on POTF. I bet it would be hillarious with the responses you get. Kind of like a photoshoot at the bus stop. LOL!!

Chucker I posted Seguin pictures yesterday. There are 6 of them in total. It still amazes me he is the same size as Hall.

Well as one of the POTF ladies I thank you Steve-O for posting Mr. Seguin as the first ever MMS Dude and I also thank Vic for posting the other pics!!

I’ll try to ignore the fact that my daughter is dating a guy the same age though since that means I’m probably the same age as Tyler’s mother. Argg.

Re MPS – very happy, can’t wait to see him at camp and likely on the NHL roster for the year.

chucker: Seguin looks friggin’ ripped!!Holy shit.Now that I’ve seen this, it’s another day and time for me to change my opinion again.Take Seguin!! Man, this is truly a tough decision for these guys despite all the brilliant arguments I’ve made to take Hall…:P
    EDIT: Also, nice on the Monday morning standing’s girl.Idea*****You should advertise online for girls to be the monday morning standings girl on POTF.I bet it would be hillarious with the responses you get.Kind of like a photoshoot at the bus stop.LOL!!

Just kidding… Steve-O’s the chauvinistic pig.. he told me to say that. :P

Racki:
    I am pretty sure that we have like a total of 3 ladies at most that read this blog. Anyways, show ‘em if you’ve got ‘em ladies! Shirts off for Horcoff!!!Just kidding… Steve-O’s the chauvinistic pig.. he told me to say that. :P

whoa. lets not throw anyone under the bus or anything. that is a lie.

anyways, look at what I found here.

Racki:
    Anyways, show ‘em if you’ve got ‘em ladies! Shirts off for Horcoff!!!.

seconded.

and just kidding my ass. lol

10. Trogdor says:

That’s certainly one route to take to clear your name…

Steve-O:

whoa. lets not throw anyone under the bus or anything. that is a lie.

anyways, look at what I found here.

11. MetalOil says:

Was just listening to MPS being interviewed by Jason Greger on 1260.

Greger asked him if there was a player that he would compare himself to and MPS replied:

Tough question…….I do not really taylor my game after anyone. I am an offensive player who likes to score/create goals.

Greger replied that he disagreed with MPS in that from what he has seen and heard MPS is a very defensive sound player but liked the fact that MPS was no bull about wanting to be an offensive threat.

The other thing of note is MPS also said he can line up on either wing. I would say though that between Hemsky, Penner, Eberle and MPS it’s hard to think that we need any help at wing at all though (barring injury). I still say though not to draft by need, unless they are 100% certain Hall and Seguin are of the same skill level.

I also see Eberle is listed as a center though… I find that interesting. I wonder how long he’s been playing there and how good he is at it. I am not so sure I really want to find out though.

On Svensson, according to Tencer’s twitter he said that the Oilers DID NOT promise him a roster spot and if he doesn’t make the team he will play for OKC

I’m beginning to think you don’t read the posts B.O… haha :P

This info hit me via The Pipeline Show’s Twitter:

Olivier Roy expected to be traded this weekend.

Before you panic, the trade is just simply within the Q ;) So yes, he will still be Oilers property. But interesting nonetheless.

good read regarding the MPS signing…I love this kid already, and it sounds like he’s going to bring some much needed swagger and confidence into the dressing room!!!

Racki: This info hit me via The Pipeline Show’s Twitter:Olivier Roy expected to be traded this weekend.Before you panic, the trade is just simply within the Q So yes, he will still be Oilers property. But interesting nonetheless.

Doesn’t surprise me – they were trying to move him before the Q trade deadline to the Mtl Jr’s in a deal that involved Jake Allen coming back. Not sure why it didn’t happen though. Sounds like CB is in a bit of a rebuild.

I like the sound of “Edmonton’s Super Swede.” :)

19. MetalOil says:

Saw on the OMB(from Puritania) a rumour on Lowtides site:

To Edmonton:
    -2nd overall pick
    -15th overall pick(they speculate that this pick will be used to select Dylan McIlrath( Who is a beast Dman @ 6’4 212 pounds!!!) )
    -Blake Wheeler

To Boston
    -1st overall pick
    -Sheldon Souray

Sign me up for being on board with this trade :)
    I could see Boston wanting one of our 2nd round picks in this deal though

hmm…I would definitely be all over that deal. Sign me up.

If you read the article (here, they state the Oilers could target Jack Campbell (sounds good to me.. that would be the right idea), or Alex Petrovic.

Petrovic is 6’4, 193 lb, right shooting D-man with the Calgary Hitmen. He’s fought a few times, it would seem, including this fight here.

21. MetalOil says:

Yeah I read that.
    Jack Campbell??? not to familiar with him. Spitfires right??? My sole focus watching their games was on Hall so I really do not have an opinion on him.

NVM he is commited to them for next season. was he the WJHC goalie for the states. Ahh I am gettin confused now………

He was the goaltender for the Americans at this year’s WJHC’s. From what I recall, he was one of the better goaltenders in the tourney, although in that final game he looked pretty sloppy.

Btw, BostonOiler, congrats on getting your post linked on Lowetide ;)

MetalOil: Saw on the OMB(from Puritania) a rumour on Lowtides site:To Edmonton:
    -2nd overall pick
    -15th overall pick(they speculate that this pick will be used to select Dylan McIlrath( Who is a beast Dman @ 6′4 212 pounds!!!) )
    -Blake WheelerTo Boston
    -1st overall pick
    -Sheldon SouraySign me up for being on board with this trade :)
    I could see Boston wanting one of our 2nd round picks in this deal though

I’d love this trade, but I just don’t see it happening. Why would Boston take a horrible contract, Wheeler and give us an additional pick just to make sure they can pick who they want?

Makes no sense.

25. MetalOil says:

I agree. I think we would have to sweeten it. What about giving up both our 2nd rounders to make it happen???