Jordan Eberle wins CHL Player of the Year

By , May 22, 2010 4:11 pm
Jordan Eberle of the Regina Pats wins 2010 CHL Player of the Year

Jordan Eberle of the Regina Pats wins 2010 CHL Player of the Year

Congratulations to Edmonton Oilers prospect Jordan Eberle who won the CHL player of the year as a member of the Regina Pats. Eberle faced pretty stiff competition this year in the form of phenoms Taylor Hall of the Windsor Spitfires and Tyler Seguin of the Plymouth Whalers. Even more reason to be excited about being an Oilers fan!!

Tyler Seguin won the CHL Prospect of the year award.

15 Responses to “Jordan Eberle wins CHL Player of the Year”

likes this.

2. Puritania says:

Grats Ebby! I hope his nickname of “The Messiah” comes to Edmonton along with him :)

Thought I’d mention that Grapes was talking after the game today about the Phoenix situation. According to Don Bill Daly told the city of Glendale that they have until Dec. 25th I think it was to find a new owner or the Yotes are moving back to Winnipeg! How effin’ awesome is that!!

3. dawgtoy says:

Congrats kid, you mastered the Junes, let’s see how ya do in the bigs next year.

Nice news for sure. Man, Seguin getting these accolades is really positive that we need to do everything we can to get that second pick from Boston. The kid sounds like a franchise centreman. How long has it been since we’ve had one of those? Maybe Doug Weight and he wasn’t really the best of the best. Great, but he’s got to be the last guy who we could legitimately say was a true no. 1.

I wish Horcoff was signed to something reasonable. Then he could be used to get that 2nd pick. (Not joking) He’d be a great fit for a team like Boston in a bounce back year.

I still say we offer them Nash, Cogliano, Penner, JDD, 2nd rounder, and 4th rounder for Seguin, Thomas and Ryder then swap of 4th rounder. Gotta go for broke on this kid.

Bostonoiler: Congrats Eberle! Without doubt was the best jr player this season. Just look at those stats! Not only that but look what he did at the WJHC, AHL and WHC levels. I can’t wait to see him in Edmonton next season! Chucker, I think at this point Hall is our guy. How can’t he be either? I’d love to get Seguin from the Bruins, but at this point I highly doubt thats going to happen. Plus I think Gagner is going to become our #1 center. His potential and young age make me think hes gonna be a great player for this team. I think we will bget back in the 1st round but not in the top 5.

Yeah, Hall has to be the guy at this point. There would be a riot if they didn’t pick him and for good reason.

I’d still try to get Seguin too though if possible. If not then go after the third or fourth pick and get Gudbrandsson (sp?).

Also, Sweden won the Bronze medal today 3-1 over Germany. Svensson scored his 5th goal of the WHC in the game also. It was a really nice goal too.

Tonight we have the Memorial Cup finals, Hall V. Rajala. Should be an interesting game to watch. Rajala has been playing well during this tourny. I think in time he will make an impact in the NHL for the Oilers.

8. John says:

I sense I’m gonna have to get weekend work to afford all the jerseys I’ll feel compelled to purchase :) Hell yaaa!

Bostonoiler: Hawks are off to the Stanley Cup finals after a 4-2 win today over the Sharks!!!! I really hope that the Hawks win the whole thing at this point.

Boy did Windsor ever hand it to Brandon tonight… 9-1!!!

10. John says:

I can’t wait to see Seabrook/Keith outdual Prongs in the final! I think we will see the Hawks meticulously dismantle the Flyers piece by piece mwuhahahaha.

11. DropIt says:

BLASPHOMY!

He wasn’t ‘easily’ the best junior player either BO ;)

I think if he didn’t do what he did in th WJHC, he doesn’t win this award

12. Oilersman says:

He also cracked the WHC… for a player who has never played at the NHL level that is impressive. Yeah yeah, I know he was an extra, but he DID get to play, and he DID show he can compete at that level…

DropIt: BLASPHOMY!A great season for Eberle on all acounts, but I’m still teying to wrap my head around why he got the award?
    He wasn’t ‘easily’ the best junior player either BO ;)
    He came tied for 2nd in league scoring and couldn’t put his team in the playoffs… Although I know he did have a below average team surrounding him…I think if he didn’t do what he did in th WJHC, he doesn’t win this award

Thats cool, keep on being jealous of our prospects :P

It is an individual award… just like the Hart trophy doesn’t necessarily go to a guy who made the playoffs in the NHL. It’s quite likely it will, but that is just because it’s quite likely the team with the best player in the league is going to the show.

14. DropIt says:

Lol, well its not jealousy so much as Brandon Kozun deserved it. Outscoring Eberle, Hall, Seguin etc.

I’m a Hitman fan too, and Kozun got the screw job on this one

He got a whole wopping 1 more point than Eberle, DropIt. He also played in 8 more games to get it, and Eberle hit the 50 goal mark. I think to say Eberle was undeserving of it would be pretty unfair. Also Eberle’s numbers were a pretty significant jump from last year’s.

Both definitely were very good this year. Could have gone to either guy. But Eberle definitely deserved it at least as much as Kozun did.