Caption This! #1 – Roberto Luongo

By , May 4, 2010 9:27 am
THIS... IS... SPAAARTA!

THIS... IS... SPAAARTA!

Today in the Edmonton Sun, there was a pretty damn funny pic of Roberto Luongo in it, which flipped on the light switch in my head that said “damn, we need a ‘caption this’ recurring post at the Foil”. So here is the first ever “Caption This!” post, at the Foil. For those unaware of the idea, we whip up a picture, and you can either edit it yourself, adding a caption (and link outside the site), or you can simply post what your caption would be in the comments (I’d say this is my preference).

Soooo, go nuts! I stole the first most obvious one (credit to Tigurius for making me laugh this morning with a dozen different captions :lol:).

EDIT:

Thanks to Puritania to introducing to me to the song that spawned the idea for me to create this video:

47 Responses to “Caption This! #1 – Roberto Luongo”

“Fiiiiiiiigaaaarrooooo… figaro, figaro, figaro… fiiiiggaaarroooo!”

2. Tigurius says:

“OMGGG PIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!”
    or
    “WHOOOO LET THE DOGS OUT!??!”

Baaaaaccooooonnnn?!?!

YOU.. SHALL.. NOTTTTT.. PAAAAASSS!

PO..TA..TOES!
    (hi Racki, 2001 called and they want their lame captions back)

5. MetalOil says:

Open Wide and you will get a BIG surprise!!! (maybe some favoritism from the ref too!!!)

6. mrgod2u says:

What do you mean they aren’t saying “LOOOOOOOUUUUUU”?!?

7. Puritania says:

“Trololo!!”

*watch this if that made no sense*

“NEEEERDS!!!”

Like Puitania, mine might need the help of you tube for the full effect.

lol, great thread.

9. Trogdor says:

I’m going to show Niemi’s wife my ‘O’ face.

*bugs suck up out of ref’s head, a la The Green Mile*

This caption is not what Lou is saying, but what the ref is thinking.

gr8one: This caption is not what Lou is saying, but what the ref is thinking.http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/fraglez/luongo.jpg

winner

Puritania: “Trololo!!”*watch this if that made no sense*

Any spinach on my teeth?

Racki:

lol, yeah…I couldn’t figure out if the audio was out of sync, or if he was grin-syncing a-la Milli Vanilli.

16. Seriously ref! The Oilers missed the playoffs AGAIN!

17. Puritania says:

Racki: Like a deer stuck in a gaze into headlights, I felt powerless to do anything than watch that entire video with a puzzled look on my face.

I had the very same response first time I saw it too, except I shit my pants laughing and watched it like 8 more times immediately after.

Puritania:

LOL, i just spent the last 20 mins finding related clips… check this one out.. Rick Roll’d? Not nearly as bad as being Communist Roll’d!

Edit: possibly beaten (in annoyance caused) by the Sparta Remix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qGwjY_yNwo&feature=related

Running short on time? Check out the sped up remix lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVwYBQ5MyPk&feature=related

One more remix to explode your brain with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvNdsIUx4EE&feature=related

19. Puritania says:

LOL nice finds Racki, I don’t think I could ever get sick of the Trololo guy. As we speak I am now Communist rolling my brother lol.

hah, I’ve created a video that I’m currently uploading to Youtube, related to the Luongo pic. ;) I’ll post the link here when its all uploaded!

21. Puritania says:

This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand but I had to share this video.

And this one

WB is the shit!

23. Puritania says:

Racki: OK youtube seems to be fuxxored right now, but here is the link to the video I created, anyways.. hopefully it uploaded fine!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFjOlu5W2pQ

LOL that was fucking hilarious, got tears running down my cheeks. Well done my friend, well done. *Initiates slow clap*

25. Puritania says:

I had to create a thread on the off-topic forum at the ol’ OMB for this vid :)

Oh nice, thanks :P

27. MetalOil says:

That is pure comic gold right their LOL.

OMFG, that really is is pure fucking gold.

SOLID GOLD!!!!

best post ever, I hope that vid goes virally ballistic!

29. Oilersman says:

Racki, I almost shit myself laughing watching this… fucking hillarious… :) 3 thumbs up!

Racki: hahaha thanks man.. I figured at the very least, you would get a kick out of it.If the video breaks for any reason, someone please let me know and I’ll find somewhere else to host. Youtube can be a pain with any video with music in it.

Hilarious Racki, good thing I wasn’t at work when I viewed it! Deserves a full Laugh Out Loud!!

31. John says:

NO doubt a work of art Racki =P Would be sweet if Sportsnet or TSN would catch wind of it & put it on air!

I keep watching this. It’s strangely addictive.

I hate to say it, since I’m the one that did it, but I watched it probably a dozen times so far. lol

34. Puritania says:

You should throw a bunch more tags on it for youtube, like trololo, Luongo etc. That is a work of art my friend, it deserves to be seen. :D

35. Puritania says:

Accidentally quoted my own comment when I went to edit. *Facepalm*

Am I the only one who has never heard of this Trololo guy before yesterday?

LNOF:

Prior to yesterday, I had not either.

lol…I must have watched Luongolo now 30 times. Even my wife thought it was funny.

38. Puritania says:

I gotta give props to Wanye Gretz down at OilersNation for introducing me to the Trololo guy in this post.
    Thanks Wanye! you’ve created a monster :)

LateNightOilFan: Am I the only one who has never heard of this Trololo guy before yesterday?

I honestly hadn’t heard of Trololo until Puritania posted that vid.

Me neither.

Well that’s good to hear – after I saw all the hits and all the clips on YT I was wondering! Pretty funny stuff – kinda Monty Python/Mr. Bean-ish…

hah, yah, actually it does remind me of something out of Monty Python.

Hey, when I log in, all the links, polls etc are on the right of the page and the comments are on the right, but if I am not logged in, everything is opposite. i.e. the links are on the right side of the page and the comments are on the left side of the page. Weird.

Im presuming that it is because there are two themes. I forget what the default theme is (I think it’s called Panorama). There is also an older style theme called Patagonia. You can toggle between the two in the side bar. It’s under the “User” section in the sidebar. If you can’t find it, ctrl-f and look for “Themes”

I’m thinking you have the old theme associated with your profile when logged in. When you log out, it then switches to old theme. Just a guess.

What I found is that when not logged in only the one theme is available (the old one). Once logged in then I can use the new theme

Thanks. That’s got to be it. Had lunch with a fellow ‘Nucks hater today. T’was a good lunch at The Beer Hunter. Good salads BTW.

Seeing DB’s goal was priceless as I’ve been without tv for a few days. I really laughed when they panned to the crowd and the looks on their faces.

47. Bruce says:

I honestly hadn’t heard of Trololo until Puritania posted that vid.