Monday Morning Standings…Post Season Edition

By , April 13, 2010 9:36 am

Thankfully this embarrassing season is done with.

Well here is the final standings of the year. When I started this I hoped it would be more exciting for us, but alas it was not to be.

Oh well. With the draft lottery today and the playoffs starting tomorrow we still have a lot to talk about.

Also be sure to join the new playoff pool which can be found here.

Playoff Rounds (with Predictions)

NHL 2010 Playoffs
WEST
Series Steve-O Predicts Racki Predicts
logo Sharks vs logo Avs Sharks in 6 Avalanche in 7
logo Hawks vs logo Preds Hawks in 5 Hawks in 4
logo Canucks vs logo Kings Kings in 6 Canucks in 7
logo Coyotes vs logo Wings Wings in 6 Wings in 6

EAST
Series Steve-O Predicts Racki Predicts
logo Caps vs logo Habs Caps in 6 Caps in 4
logo Devils vs logo Flyers Devils in 7 Devils in 7
logo Sabres vs logo Bruins Sabres in 6 Bruins in 7
logo Pens vs logo Sens Pens in 7 Pens in 5

Feel free to put your own predictions in the comments section.

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

Florida Panthers
82 77
Toronto Maple Leafs
82 74
Edmonton Oilers
82 62

And finally, in the pool I hear that Racki won, with gr8one in second, Johnny Odangles in third and finally me, retrochick and Trogdor filling out the remaining positions respectively in the championship bracket. Also Dirty Sexy Money won the consolation bracket.

17 Responses to “Monday Morning Standings…Post Season Edition”

1. MetalOil says:

Sharks in 6 over the Avs(I never feel safe picking the Sharks in the Playoffs but I still think they win)
    Hawks in 5 vs the Preds

and

…Capitals 4-1 over the Canadiens
    …Devils 4-3 over the Flyers
    …Bruins 4-3 over the Sabres
    …Penguins 4-0 over the Senators

Let’ see ;)

Get in the hockey pool, N.O.!

5. NorwegianOiler says:

Racki: Get in the hockey pool, N.O.!

No, I’m a p*^#*y :P

I don’t know if I have time, honestly, and by that I imply that if I’m in – I’m seriously in. What I would like is a continuous pool-like thing in which there is a draft for players who then remain ‘yours’ and your position allows you to draft rookies in the actual draft, etc. Sort of like an epic pool that lasts for years ;) I would be in on that!

i.e. a keeper pool? We could maybe start something like that up for next year. But I think the downside to that is that it makes it impossible (I think) for new people to just jump in.
    But damn! Too bad you weren’t joining. And I laughed at your quote of the pool poll :P

This one isn’t too bad though, just pick your 12 players each round, but I know that can be a bit of work.

ooo, a keeper pool would be fun, I think they even have quite realistic ones too, where salary caps need to be adhered to etc.

I’d be in for that, for sure, although another downside to one of those is it really does take a commitment from all involved, nothing blows more than to be in a fantasy league where half of the people suddenly get “busy” and don’t keep their shit up, the other side of that though is if life does rear it’s ugly head, and someone is not able to maintain it, it can open up an opportunity for “new blood” to come in as I think you can transfer the teams to a new “owner” on a lot of leagues.

anyways, who’s watching the lottery tonight? and does anyone here actually hope the Oilers lose it so management can’t fuck up the choice?

ooo, we could even make a little Stanley cup replica out of “foil” for the annual champion.

9. NorwegianOiler says:

;) Yep, keeper pool = quality fun. You draft, you manage and you think long term. Should be possible, and as gr8one says, new blood arrives via ownership change. Trade talks will be more fun (because it’s not just waiver this guy, scratch that guy) you’ll have to really present a viable deal for others as well. I’d certainly take part in that!

I will be on the road and will miss the lottery tonight, but can’t wait to find out the result. Do I hope the Oilers lose it so they can’t screw it up? Not really. I’m interested to see who they really think will help the organization. I’m still just not 100% sold on Seguin though. He just seemed to come out of nowhere and it worries me a bit.

As far as the keeper pool.. we have plenty of time to figure out our options, really. But something we can really seriously consider here. I kind of wanted to do up a prediction league for the playoffs, but that is a lot of work (and really, doesn’t work for people like N.O. that don’t have much time to make picks).

So we’ll see what we can come up with.

I’m in for a keeper pool. And what you do for new people is to have expansion drafts (where you can only protect certain number of players) and such, but you still have to limit it to no more than 20 people, 20 choices each (i.e. half the league). Then you hold a draft every year (probably same time as the league draft) and have to retire/cut a player a year.

12. YDNAR says:

I would do a keeper pool if you would let me in. I think it would be very interesting and fun to do.

13. Haboiler says:

I would be in for a Keeper Pool as well.

Here are my predictions:

…Wings 4-2 over the Coyotes

and

…Capitals 4-2 over the Canadiens
    …Devils 4-3 over the Flyers
    …Sabres 4-2 over the Bruins
    …Penguins 4-3 over the Senators

(Special thanks to N.O. for the copy/paste template) :)

15. NorwegianOiler says:

^What he said.

NorwegianOiler: 1) We should seriously consider the possibility of opening a keeper pool – maybe you can make a blog post for it where we can discuss our options?2) When’s the season wrap up report coming from you guys? I’m looking forward to the evaluation!

Oh yes, we haven’t forgotten about the wrap up report yet… we just have been a bit pre-occupied!

Plus Trogdor is away looking after his newborn. But we’ll either convince him to log in during the 7.7 seconds of free daytime he has to make his write up, or we’ll do it without him.

And I’ll start a pool poll (say that 100x fast) this week or next too.