By , April 11, 2010 2:59 pm
GDT - Edmonton Oilers at Anaheim Ducks
logo Edmonton Oilers 2 FINAL logo Anaheim Ducks 7
27-46-8 Record 38-32-11
Location: Honda Center
Date: April 10, 2010 @ 2:00 PM MST
TV: CBC

Well here it is.. the final game of this bleak season. The Oilers won yesterday in Colorado in the shootout. They are 5-4-1 in their last 10 while the Ducks are 4-3-3. It would be good to see the Oilers end the season on a high note, and give us something to look forward to in the future. The Ducks have owned the series so far, however, taking all 3 previous games this year.

Prediction: 4-2 Ducks.

PROJECTED LINE-UPS

Edmonton Oilers Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

Penner-Potulny-Cogliano
Moreau-Horcoff-Pisani
Linglet-Pouliot-Jones
Comrie-Stortini-O’Sullivan

Whitney-Gilbert
Chorney-Strudwick
Johnson-Arsene

Dubnyk
Deslauriers

Anaheim Ducks Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

TEAM COMPARISON

3.35 GA/G 2.98
17.4 PP% 20.9
78.2 PK% 79.2
28.3 S/G 30
33 SA/G 33.4
46.3 FO% 48.1

16 Responses to “GDT – Edmonton Oilers 2, Anaheim Ducks 7 – April 11, 2010 @ 6:00 PM – SNET– Game 82”

Lets finish strong boys!

should be a few scraps today as well based on the last game

3. Trogdor says:

Just logged in and see the boys are down 3-1. The newest addition to the household is passed out for now so I thought I’d sneak in some blog time.

Is this a baby addition Trodgor? I know someone around here was expecting…

5. Trogdor says:

That was me. Little 7lb 4oz princess. Very tired, but very happy.

Congrats!!! Hope everyone is healthy.

My princess is almost 17 years old now, but the joy and happiness that fills your heart now is timeless.

Remember that when she dings up the car learning how to back it out of the driveway…

7. Trogdor says:

Thanks. Maybe by the time she’s 17 we’ll have those fancy hover cars I keep hearing about. Even the Oilers being down 4-1 can’t dampen my mood right now.

haha, that’s awesome Trogdor, congrats!

9. Trogdor says:

Take that boo birds. Nice goal for Whitney

10. Trogdor says:

Tough bounce there for JDD, and almost 6-2 there. I’m off to take a nap, because I no longer have my own schedule.

wow, just wow.

That last goal by Anaheim gave Wisniewski an assist, which in turn tied Racki and me in the pool for this week, which should give me the win via goal differential as the tie breaker.

wow…what a fantasy pool week!!

AWESOME GAME RACKI!

It is however with sadness, although fitting, that the Oilers finish off the season on a losing note, here’s to a better season next year!

Sorry folks, watched the game, but wasn’t able to come online. Was a stinker to end the season on. Looks like gr8one and I finished tied in the pool final, but looks like the tie breaker is total points which would mean yours truly is the winner (I think). But damn, either way, what a hell of a finish!

wow…

lol…ok, so it looks like we were both wrong about the tie breaker, from what I can tell this is how it works.

“In the event that a playoff game ends in a tie, the deadlock is broken using the following system:

1)Winning percentage against this opponent during the regular season.

2)Playoff seed.”

and so, it looks like we played twice during the regular season, and Racki won the first one and we tied the second one, which should indeed give Racki the championship based on both criteria since he also finished higher than me in the standings!!

All hail Racki!!!

what a game, congrats bud!

hahaha wow… all I can say is it was a very epic final battle, man. This was of US vs. Canada Olympic proportions.

15. John says:

Wow, down to the wire eh guys? Too bad we couldn’t say that about the Oil lol. I thought Comrie had another strong game anyway further bolstering my opinion that I would love to see him in Oiler silks again next season but not sure if there’s room :( His ppg vs cap hit is worth it in my mind. Nice to see Whitney get one, comical to see him get booed though considering he got traded! Maybe that’s just a sign that there really is a hardcore, hockey smart fan base developed in Anaheim ’cause that’s something we would do lol!

The fact that Parros scored and JDD gave up 7 makes me hope we keep DD a little bit…..