By , April 5, 2010 8:58 am
GDT - Edmonton Oilers vs. Minnesota Wild
logo Edmonton Oilers 4 FINAL logo Minnesota Wild 1
24-46-8 Record 37-35-7
Location: Rexall Place
Date: April 5, 2010 @ 7:30 PM MST
TV: TSN

Didn’t we just play these assholes? Hmm, just a few weeks ago, it looks like. The Wild took that one 4-2. I’m hoping for a much better result this time around. I’ve proclaimed Deslauriers the starter in this game in my line-ups (not sure if that will be the case, however) because of the “win and you’re in” concept…. the Oilers lost the last game (surprise, surprise), but Deslauriers definitely deserved the win. I’d like to see him get the nod in net again tonight.

So, the Oilers are winless in their last 5 (with 4 of those games being road games). The Wild have one win in that time frame (vs. the Kings). I don’t expect this to be an epic game, by any means, but it would be nice to see the Oilers finish the season with a bang and remind us all that they do still have a backbone.

Prediction: 3-2 Oilers

PROJECTED LINE-UPS

Edmonton Oilers Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

Penner Cogliano Linglet
O’Sullivan Pouliot Nilsson
Moreau Horcoff Pisani
Comrie Stortini Jones

Whitney Gilbert
Strudwick Chorney
Johnson Arsene

Deslauriers
Dubnyk

Minnesota Wild Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

Brunette-Koivu-Miettinen

2.92 GA/G 3.37
19.1 PP% 16.7
82.6 PK% 77.7
27.7 S/G 28.2
29.4 SA/G 32.8
52.2 FO% 46.4

28 Responses to “GDT – Edmonton Oilers 4, Minnesota Wild 1 – April 5, 2010 @ 7:30 PM – TSN – Game 79”

1. Oilersman says:

Just play with some heart, that’s all I ask

That might be asking too much. lol

3. Horpensky says:

Can a game get anymore meaningless? This game gets my vote for most meaningless game of the year. Each team doesn’t have anything to play for and no enthusiastic prospects that have something to prove.

4. Trogdor says:

I’d like to see Jones take a run at Boogard for trying to tear his leg off. Also would like us to at least tie our worst season totals ever so I’ll be rooting for a win.

5. Oilersman says:

Penner with his 30th YAAAA PENNER WAY TO GO!

6. MetalOil says:

Nice pass Chorney !! Penners 30th !!!

7. MetalOil says:

Oh do I wish Peckham was not injured and playing tonight. Its gonna be a chippy one !!!!

8. MetalOil says:

Good!!! those are the instigators penalty’s that I like. The ones that are in response to a clean hit. It becomes a gong show when there is a fight/jumping after every hit, clean or dirty.

Sat down just in time to see Penner’s 30th! And I still never saw the puck enter the net from the angles they showed, but I’ll take their word for it!

Missed Penner’s 30th…..My school called ot inform me that for the 2nd time in a month a bomb was planted in the bathroom….fml

And Moreau with a softie on Backs – 2-0!

12. MetalOil says:

Moreau hopefully getting his vcalue up!

MetalOil: nice shorty and nice pass by Gilbert who continues to put up the points. I cannot recall seeing a player get it together as fast as Gibby has since the Lubes trade.

Yup – someone on the Isles board was speculating that Gilbert would be available – I told them not to count on it now, not since he got paired with Whitney and they’re each signed for 4 & 3 more years respectively. I think this pairing will be around next year.

15. MetalOil says:

LateNightOilFan:
    Yup – someone on the Isles board was speculating that Gilbert would be available – I told them not to count on it now, not since he got paired with Whitney and they’re each signed for 4 & 3 more years respectively.I think this pairing will be around next year.

If they keep playing the way they have been then I suspect that they will at least both play together until those contracts are up. With Whitney showing tons of leadership potential I think that these two will become the backbone of our blue line.

Ouch, game on Oilers!

17. MetalOil says:

Classic O’Sully **** Crossbar *****

19. MetalOil says:

Give the Captain his due. He had a very good game !!!

Nice win, 2 goal game from each Moreau and Penner! Minny must be going through ‘playoff miss’ depression or something.

gr8one: I don’t know what’s up with the TSN feed I’m watching, but it’s not cutting to commercials and instead I’m getting to see/hear what is going on behind the scenes during intermissions/commercial breaks. What is especially interesting is hearing some of the “off air” comments Cuthbert and Ferraro are making.

Haha what were they saying?

22. Oilersman says:

Also interested (above comment), did anyone drop a bomb? lol

Great game last night! I didn’t expect that..

It was a fun game…glad that I went to it which couldn’t be said all that much this season.

Except for the little girl behind us who decided to sing all first period, and then create her own chant in the second.

Lets go oilers (or anything she saw), Da na na na

over and over, all period

zackman35:
    Haha what were they saying?

lol, well, alot of it was you could tell the control room guys were messing around with things trying to get ready for when they went “live” again, it would suddenly switch rapidly between all cameras at times, other times i’d see rewinding/cuing up of clips, and of course the audio was often on Cuthbert and Ferraro, but at times there was no audio at all, or multiple audios at once, like I could hear Rishaud/Cuth/Ferraro all talking simultaneously. it was during one of these muffled simultaneous exchanges I’m pretty sure Cuthbert dropped the F bomb.

26. Oilersman says:

LOL

Oilersman: Also interested (above comment), did anyone drop a bomb? lol

One of the bathrooms ‘blew up’

gr8one: Ferraro came across as a prick at times, but the best thing about it all was watching the camera men panning the crown for hot women, and when they found some they’d zoom in, to which ferraro would always say something like, “good work guys, nice ones” or one comment when the camera was on two very attractive but quite young looking blondes that were hamming it up for the camera, Ferraro says “nice, but I don’t think they’ll be splitting atoms any time soon” which was pretty funny.

hahaha

that would have been money to see