The Oilers head into Arizona tonight to conclude their road trip with a game against the Phoenix Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena. The Oilers are winless on this road trip so far, and have lost the last 4 games. The Coyotes have dropped 4 of their last 5 games, having cooled off a bit after climbing the standings quite handily. They will look to bounce back against a team that hasn’t really had much of anything go right for them this year.
Prediction: 4-2 Coyotes
Edmonton Oilers Projected Line-Up (subject to change)
Penner Cogliano Linglet
O’Sullivan Pouliot Nilsson
Moreau Horcoff Pisani
Comrie Stortini Jones
Phoenix Coyotes Projected Line-Up (subject to change)
Wolski Lombardi Stempniak
Pyatt Fiddler Doan
Prucha Hanzal Vrbata
Nokelainen Winnik Korpikoski
- Better lineups to come, closer to the start.
- Brule is likely out due to a high ankle sprain. One of Nilsson or O’Sullivan (or both) should draw in.
- UPDATE @ 15:00MST: O’Sullivan and Nilsson are both back in, still TBD as to who’s out. Brule is one of the guys out.
- Brule’s ankle isn’t broken, but he will likely be out for the remainder of the season, according to the Oilers’ twitter.
- UPDATE @ 20:00MST: Potulny is the healthy scratch tonight.
- Tencer’s twitter: “Speculation has it that the Oilers met with Finnish goaltending prospect Jussi Rynnas in Phoenix earlier today…”