Oilers recall Dean Arsene

By , March 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Word from Dan Tencer was that Theo Peckham suffered a separated shoulder on a hit in last nights game in which he went into the end boards (looked not-so pretty). Dean Arsene has been recalled to fill his skates.

Official E-mail:

General Manager Steve Tambellini announced today the Edmonton Oilers have recalled defenseman Dean Arsene from the Springfield Falcons of the American Hockey League.
Arsene, 29, has two goals, nine assists and 100 PIM in 56 games this year with the Falcons. He has also played in three games with the Oilers gathering four PIM.

13 Responses to “Oilers recall Dean Arsene”

I’m hoping Peckham heals up soon!

2. MetalOil says:

Having watched the last 3 Falcons game I can say that Arsene has been the 2nd best Falcon player in that span.

Could not have come at a worse time for Peckham. It come at a time when he was really starting to get a feel for the NHL. Hope that next season he can pick it up right where he left off.

3. Ktown says:

The last game I saw was the Detroit game (not a lot of Oilers broadcasts here in BC), but other than the late rookie mistake, he looked solid. I loved how he was deliberately trying to physically beat up on Bertuzzi – and IMHO, did a good job of that.

Hopefully he’s able to work back in again this year, or earn a spot next year…

Yah I think Peckham is likely done for the year, unfortunately. But I’ll bring it up again… the Oilers site was saying Souray is expected back soon, which surprises me. I thought when he got that infection, he was done for the year (and thus why he wasn’t traded).

From what I’ve seen from Arsene, he keeps it simple.. probably similar to Johnson. So you know what to expect of him.

In other Oilers news, Hemsky skated today, and will continue to practice with the team.. however don’t expect him back this year at all. O’Sullivan is also ready to come back, it sounds like. Quinn also confirmed that Peckham should be out for the remainder of the year.. no surprise there.

^^^^^
    Great to see Hemsky skating again!!! :D, sucks with Peckham, but not a surprise and I hope O’Sullivan is benched the rest of the season. He truly sucks.

7. mrgod2u says:

I am also glad that it sounds as if Hemsky and Souray will have the summer to get in shape before the next season. That way (if they are still Oilers) they will at least be coming into camp with no lingering questions about their health. Sometimes you see a guy injured in the SCF and he comes into the next season still hurt, or not fully healed, which seems to lead to worse injuries or a crappy 1st half season. We will need to have a culture of winning in place to aid in prospect development. Something sorely lacking this last bit.

Seems like a lot of Oilers fan have jumped on the trade hemsky wagon. We better not trade our best player, Someone has to score when Eberle, Svensson, Hall/Seguin, and Brule get into a slump. Penner can’t do it himself we must keep Hemsky.

9. MetalOil says:

MetalOil: I agree Boston but Hemsky only has 2 years on his contract and I do not want to lose him for nothing just like the Thrashers did with Ilya(although they are hanging in there quiet well).I guess it up to Oiler management to get a gauge on how Hemsky feels about staying here long term because from right now until the trade deadline his trade value will be at its highest and he could fetch a high return(draft picks or current players).I guess the whole Jagr rumors also come into play here as there would be no real point of bringing him here unless Hemmer is here too.

Yeah, I just think Hemsky deserves at least one year with this great young core. I just hope he stays, i got two jerseys and hes my favorite.

11. MetalOil says:

Yep and I think he will get that. I really think that Jagr will be here too. It’s not just the Hemsky-Jagr connection, Renny and Jagr have a history together and remain close and he is probably a good fit here as well(provided that the price tag is not too high) as he would be a good leader with 2 cup rings. He could really be the guy who gets this rebuild started in the right direction while the future leaders of this team emerge.

I have mixed emotions about Hemsky…I love him, and he is incredibly skilled…but will he ever be Elite? will he ever possess the leadership skills to put the the team on his back and carry it like true superstars do and can?

add to that, that the likelihood of him re-signing here in 2 years is pretty slim, if the return was a top 3 pick I’m not so sure I’d endorse it, but it wouldn’t upset me either.

13. MetalOil says:

Well to me it should be ether Sign Jagr and keep Hemsky or Trade Hemsky and Do not sign Jagr. I prefer the Sign and Keep option as I think the benefits would be better in a team development stand point but too me if Jagr does not make his way hear then Hemsky should be traded at peak value.