Well, I forgot last week, and am a day late this week, but here they are…the Monday Morning Standings!
Taking a look at the standings, a couple things surprise me.
- Kings and Coyotes – I am going to be cheering for these teams come the post season (I still think it will be a hawks – caps final, with the hawks overcoming shitty goaltending to win it). I think its awesome that these teams have had the season that they have. (Same with the avs but I’m not going to cheer for them)
- Caps are feasting on the shitty Southeast div.
- Red Wings on the bubble. I remember when they used to be real shitty, but its been so long that I assumed that they wouldn’t get back to that point. Sure injuries have played a part, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were on the bubble again next year (that said, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Coyotes come back to earth next year, although I’ve been waiting for it to happen all year and seems they are still going strong – We should have waited a couple months and picked up Tippet once he became free).
- Based on how much I hear about the Isles I figured they would be higher in the standings…too bad Schremp didn’t push them over the top.
- Also, based on the crap I hear from Flames fans, I’m surprised that they are not higher in the standings. If they miss the playoffs I’m going to laugh.
- And the Oilers suck. Lets hope for a less shitty next season. Worse than the dark ages…I never thought I’d ever say that. It takes a special kind of suck to get to this point.
Also, we changed a plug-in to make the site easier to view on your favorite mobile device. If you hate it let us know.
|Washington Capitals *||69||101||San Jose Sharks||68||96|
|Pittsburgh Penguins||69||87||Chicago Blackhawks||68||94|
|Buffalo Sabres||67||82||Vancouver Canucks||69||89|
|New Jersey Devils||68||85||Phoenix Coyotes||69||89|
|Ottawa Senators||69||79||Los Angeles Kings||68||85|
|Philadelphia Flyers||68||76||Colorado Avalanche||68||84|
|Montréal Canadiens||70||76||Nashville Predators||69||81|
|Boston Bruins||68||72||Detroit Red Wings||69||80|
|New York Rangers||69||71||Calgary Flames||69||77|
|Tampa Bay Lightning||68||68||St Louis Blues||68||73|
|Atlanta Thrashers||68||67||Minnesota Wild||68||72|
|Florida Panthers||67||66||Dallas Stars||68||71|
|New York Islanders||69||65||Anaheim Ducks||68||70|
|Carolina Hurricanes||68||64||Columbus Blue Jackets||70||67|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||69||58||Edmonton Oilers||69||49|
|Washington Capitals *||69||101|
|San Jose Sharks||68||96|
|New Jersey Devils||68||85|
|Los Angeles Kings||68||85|
|Detroit Red Wings||69||80|
|St Louis Blues||68||73|
|New York Rangers||69||71|
|Tampa Bay Lightning||68||68|
|Columbus Blue Jackets||70||67|
|New York Islanders||69||65|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||69||58|
* = Clinched playoff (division in this case)
And in the pool Racki is first still, while Trogdor and myself have dropped down to 4th and 5th. Although I’ve locked up a playoff spot, while Trogdor still has to fight it out this week. (As it stands, Racki and gr8one are looking at bye’s, Trogdor and myself are going against each other in the first round and Johnny O’Dangles and retrochick are facing each other in the first round as well).