By , March 30, 2010 9:59 am
GDT - Edmonton Oilers at Detroit Red Wings
logo Edmonton Oilers 4 FINAL logo Detroit Red Wings 5
24-44-7 Record 39-23-13
Location: Joe Louis Arena
Date: Mar 30, 2010 @ 5:30 PM MST
TV: SNET

After losing to St. Louis, on Sunday, the Oilers are now one point away from sealing up 30th place. That means that if the Leafs gain one point in their final six games or the Oilers do not completely run the table, the Oilers will be guaranteed dead last in the league. We now sit 14 points behind 29th place Toronto (jebus), and there are only 14 points available since we have 7 games remaining in the season. Not that there was any doubt, but this should really put everyone’s mind at ease that even if we do run the table, chances are we’re going to get one of the top 2 picks.

So, the Oil are currently cold, having lost their last 2. The Red Wings are red hot, with 5 straight wins. Their last lost happened to be at the hands of the mighty Edmonton Oilers in the shootout on March 19th. Could the Oil surprise again?

Prediction: Reality sets in.. 5-2 Red Wings, Oilers officially hit rock bottom and seal 30th.

PROJECTED LINE-UPS

Edmonton Oilers Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

Penner-Cogliano-Comrie
O’Sullivan-Potulny-Nilsson
Moreau-Horcoff-Pisani
Brule-Pouliot-Stortini

Whitney-Gilbert
Arsene-Johnson
Chorney-Strudwick

Deslauriers
Dubnyk

Detroit Red Wings Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Franzen

3.33 GA/G 2.51
17.1 PP% 19
77.3 PK% 83.9
28.2 S/G 33.3
32.4 SA/G 29.9
46.8 FO% 51.2

27 Responses to “GDT – Edmonton Oilers 4, Detroit Red Wings 5 – Mar 30, 2010 @ 5:30 PM – SNET – Game 76”

1. MetalOil says:

Hey we actually have a chance to sweep a team this season & against a solid team to boot!!! Gotta cheer for that, hitting rock bottom can wait.

Yup, agreed… hoping they win tonight, I’m just thinking that the Red Wings are on fire right now, so it could be difficult!

3. Trogdor says:

5:30? Guess I’ll be missing the first period of this one, but hopefully I’ll be coming home with a new motorcycle. With the way the wings are playing, not sure we’ll be making any points up tonight. Still need 5 points to tie our worst season ever!

What kind of Motorcycle you looking at Trogdor?

5. Puritania says:

Any word on Jones? I’d rather him return tonight than the next game against Dallas.

Finally a game which doesn’t start at 9pm over here! Hoping for the season sweep of the Wings, would be a little payback from last season!

7. Trogdor says:

It’s 2007 Boulevard C50. Thought I’d buy a bike that runs this year instead of pretending the beast in the garage works.

gr8one:

What kind of Motorcycle you looking at Trogdor?

8. Oilersman says:

Wanna race a 1200CC 1989 Yamaha V-Max? hehe

9. Trogdor says:

Downhill?

lol…My brother in law has a V-max, I think it might even be an 89 as well…they’re beasts, have you seen the new ones? they verge on being insane.

I always liked boulevards, good bikes from what I understand.

have you guys seen the new Harley 48’s? I’m honestly not really into Harley’s as they haven’t really made a bike in a long time that goes with my tastes, but I LOVE the lines of the new 48’s, I am very seriously considering putting a deposit on one.

I know they’re just re-dressed sporty’s but I can’t help but like em’.

p.s.

sorry for hijacking the GDT.

Steve-O and I are getting our licenses this year… my first bike will have training wheels on it.

12. Trogdor says:

Your harley link didn’t work for me, so I went hunting and came across a cafe conversion for the sportser. Now this looks slick.

All this motorcycle chat works well with a game in Detroit. Not so much a hijack, more of a theme…

yeah…that cafe version is slick…that’s exactly the kind of bike I love, cafe or bobber style.

here’s another link of that pic, hopefully this one works. it’s actually kinda hard to find good pics since they haven’t been shipped to dealers yet.

or I guess I coulda just linked to the official Harley website and ya’ll can look at it there. lol

but yeah, that cafe one is badass.

14. Oilersman says:

Oooooo very nice, but I can honestly say I won’t sport a Harley until I retire… It’s just one of those things… I prefer raw muscle… the 89 fires up nice with the supercharger and all… *evil grin* downhill, uphill, straight line w/e :P

Trogdor: Downhill?

15. Oilersman says:

Brule down to 4th hey? Interesting… I don’t know If I agree with Comrie on top line over Brule… I mean even if Quinn likes his experience, we have a few games left let’s get the young-ins some quality ice time

Maybe they don’t want Brule scoring 20 as it could cost more to re-sign him.

who knows anymore.

17. Oilersman says:

So much for the series sweep, 1st period 3-0 Wings…

Wow this place is empty…heartbreaker at the end there, especially for JD – he was so pissed. I didn’t get home until the 4 min mark of the 3rd. Nice to see them battle for a comeback, tough way to lose though. I believe we have now clinched 30th?

19. Trogdor says:

Dang, missed the whole game. Looks like they made it close though.

Get the bike Trogdor?

21. Trogdor says:

I did. Hands a bit chilly after the test ride with no gloves, but it rode great, and the guy was huge into bikes so I knew he took good care of it. Had two other in the garage as well. Pick it up Saturday.

LateNightOilFan: Wow this place is empty…heartbreaker at the end there, especially for JD – he was so pissed.I didn’t get home until the 4 min mark of the 3rd.Nice to see them battle for a comeback, tough way to lose though. I believe we have now clinched 30th?

Correct. At most we can obtain 12pts, which would take us to 67pts. We are now guaranteed second pick at the lowest, unless management does something stupid. After talking with K.Lowe though I doubt that would be happening. Since Stu MacGregor gets the decision though I think we’re in pretty good hands.

Personally I’d love to see us draft:
    1st Round: Tyler Seguin
    2nd Round: Alex Petrovic
    3rd Round: Curtis Hamilton

Not sure where Curtis places though, could be second round even.

Trogdor: I did.Hands a bit chilly after the test ride with no gloves, but it rode great, and the guy was huge into bikes so I knew he took good care of it.Had two other in the garage as well.Pick it up Saturday.

awesome, congrats…when Racki and Steve-O get their bikes you should all road trip it out here to Myrtle Beach Bike week one year, it’s fucking awesome, third biggest bike event in the U.S. after Sturgis and Daytona.

24. mrgod2u says:

Man that last goal was absolute junk. What a BS call.

25. Trogdor says:

After reading about the game this morning, I’m kind of sad I missed it. Down 4-0 then blaze the comeback trail only to lose it late in the game. Second half would have been nice to catch minus the late goal to stymie the comeback.

It was an exciting game. I too think that last goal shouldn’t have been allowed.

GREAT game! I turned it on when we were down 4-0 and figured to see a lot of hitting. Instead I saw 4 Oilers goals! That last Wings goal sucked though. At least the boys showed heart in this loss. JDD made some unreal saves that were all over sportscenter in the US even.

As fro draft picks I hope we go Taylor Hall with our first round pick, and Alex Petrovic with our first 2nd rounder.