By , March 19, 2010 10:21 am
-={ Puttin’ On The Foil Presents… }=-
The player to watch tonight..
logo Edmonton Oilers 3 FINAL (SO) logo Detroit Red Wings 2
21-42-7 Record 34-23-12
Location: Rexall Place
Date: Mar 19, 2010 @ 7:30 PM MST
TV: TSN

If a team falls in the standings and there is no one around to watch it, are we better off? I think so. I’ll probably watch the game though, being the die hard I am. But my game watching routine has gone from watching like a hawk at every play, and doing a lot of rewinding/replaying to having it on in the background while I do something else. Can we watch Eberle and the Falcons somehow? Perhaps that internet link that’s always floating around…

Anyways, enough of that tone. I’ll hope for wins from here on out. I demand entertainment. The #1 pick overall (lottery pick aside) has pretty much been settled. The Oilers are currently 13 points behind the Leafs with a mere 12 games left (the Oil do have a game in hand, to note). I can’t see them getting 13 goals in that time period, let alone 13 wins.. so it should be sealed. But nonetheless, I’d like to start seeing some wins here and a glimmer of hope for next year.

Prediction? Pierre McGuire will crush on Theo Peckham tonight, James Duthie will say something monumentally funny that the whole panel will laugh at and Craig MacTavish will feel sorry for the Oilers.

PROJECTED LINE-UPS

Edmonton Oilers Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

Penner-Cogliano-Brule

2.58 GA/G 3.43
19.8 PP% 17.8
83.3 PK% 76.9
32.9 S/G 28.4
29.9 SA/G 32.4
51.2 FO% 46.8

137 Responses to “GDT – Edmonton Oilers 3, Detroit Red Wings 2 (SO) – Mar 19, 2010 @ 7:30 PM – TSN – Game 71”

1. Ktown says:

YES!! TwoFER!!!

BRULE! LETS GO GET DD!

BREWWWW-LAY scores!!!! Nice.

That’s better, guys!

Lovely camera work there but it looked like a laser shot.

n1 potsy! howard looked like a rented mule there!

damn

Nilsson… scoorrree.. come on..

oh my god here we go again.

9. Ktown says:

OH! Big glove by Howard… c’mon, Dubby – it’s your show now…

Come on doobie.. big save here, big saaavvee…

WINNNNN!!! Finally!

12. MetalOil says:

Here are my 3 stars
    3) Rafalski – Stole a point with the game tying goal.
    2) Peckham – Despite that last minute mistake he had a huge night blocking shots and taking the body
    1)Dubesss !!! -first win baby !!!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Yay Devan!

holy crap.

how many times do I get to say it?

That kid can laser the puck! n1 brule!

15. Ktown says:

YES YES YES!!! Congrats Big Easy!!!

16. Trogdor says:

Hooray for Devan! Silver backed gorilla off his back with that win.

Dubie getting some lovin from Moreau there, that’s so nice.

19. Ktown says:

Cheers, all!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIE!!!!!!!!!

couldn’t be happier for him, doing in in style in the SO!!

Ktown: Nice to come out with a lot of you again – missed you back on the OMB. Good to be back among friendly company!Cheers, all!

Good to have you here, Ktown, and thanks for stopping by!

Racki: Before any of you guys run off, thanks for stopping by! This is the best turn out we’ve had in a while..

yeah…it was good to see others here again, I am here pretty much every game, it’s good to see the other die hards posting!

23. MetalOil says:

Have a good night all !!! till next time.

gr8one:

Yah, I haven’t been around much, myself.. so I’m as guilty as anyone. But not for lack of interest in the Oil. Just been busy lately.

25. Trogdor says:

I was all ready with varying pictures of tumbleweeds to post tonight, but definitely good to see enough people on tonight for some chatter. I’m heading out, goodnight all.

Always enjoy the GDT’s here Racki, have been working some pretty long hours lately so I always seem to be joining late. But nice to be able to join in progress and nice to see more people posting tonight!

gr8one:
    haha, yeah, good to have you here…you’re gonna love it, it’s like all the good things on the OMB but without the douchebaggery.and Racki, thanks for the heads up on that Whitney interview, I really liked his honesty and insight, especially the “loser attitude” comment…so true, and it makes me glad he’s an Oiler, I think Souray was about the only other Oiler I’ve heard say things like that so it’s good to know we have at least one other.

Yup exactly, about Whitney. Very refreshing.

29. Ktown says:

gr8one:

Oh man… so true. I used to love going on the OMB, win or lose, but when they went over to the NHL.com integration, it seemed everybody and his uncle had something to say.

I don’t mind banter with other teams’ fans, but it seems every second post is somebody trolling. Not to mention, just from one GDT, I can see that most of the posters that I enjoyed reading and bantering with are over here.

Like I said, good to be back among good company and “old friends”.

30. DropIt says:

fuckin Oilers…

had to give them the 1 point… I wouldnt be buying the Oilers dinner if i was any flames player

DropIt: fuckin Oilers…had to give them the 1 point… I wouldnt be buying the Oilers dinner if i was any Flamers player

In all fairness DropIt, they were winning until there was .06 seconds left in the game. I still think what’s going to be sweeter is when Calgary doesn’t make the playoffs this year. :P

Welcome to Oilers hockey. They gave up a heck of a lot more than 1 point this year :P

33. DropIt says:

zackman35: In all fairness DropIt, they were winning until there was .06 seconds left in the game. I still think what’s going to be sweeter is when Calgary doesn’t make the playoffs this year.

Its looking that way….
    but at least we swept a certain team this year :P

34. DropIt says:

well… congrats on Dubnyks first win in the NHL

hopefully he can do it for real the next time the oilers play the wings

35. mrgod2u says:

Hey DropIt, if the Flames need the Oilers to beat teams for you to be in the playoffs then you probably don’t deserve to be there in the first place… Just sayin’ ;)

Good to see a win for Dubnyk, Heck at this point all I am cheering for is to maintain last place, but not be “the Worst Team Since the Lockout” the fricking Flyers can keep that one all to themselves.

Hey – Dubnyk received the NHL.com’s #1 star last night!

Great to see him get recognized!

37. MetalOil says:

DropIt:
    Its looking that way….
    but at least we swept a certain team this year

Yep. Think about how out of the playoff race the Flames would be if they did not have the benefit of playing the Oil 6 times this year. :)