By , March 15, 2010 11:36 am
GDT - Edmonton Oilers at Columbus Blue Jackets
logo Edmonton Oilers 3 FINAL logo Columbus Blue Jackets 5
21-40-7 Record 27-31-11
Location: Nationwide Arena
Date: Mar 15, 2010 @ 5:00 PM MST
TV: SNET

Game day and the Oilers are taking on the Nashless Columbus BlueJackets.  The Oilers are coming off a loss against the lowly Leafs, where JDD was chased from the net giving up 5 goals in 2 periods.  They have lost 3 in a row now giving up 14 goals in regulation, so we’ll need some J-Lo booty(firm back end) to get through tonight.  The Jackets are coming off a 5-1 loss to the Blues and are without their Olympic gold medalist Rick Nash.  The Oilers are officially out of the post season and the BlueJackets have little more than a hope and a prayer.

May the best team win?

PROJECTED LINE-UPS

Edmonton Oilers Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

Pouliot-Gagner-Minard
Penner-Cogliano-Brule
Moreau-Horcoff-Comrie
Nilsson-Potulny-Stortini

Gilbert-Whitney
Chorney-Strudwick
Johnson-Peckham

Dubnyk
Deslauriers

Columbus Blue Jackets Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

Murray-Vermette-Dorsett

18.1 PP% 19.4
76.5 PK% 81.8
28.2 S/G 28.6
32.5 SA/G 30.5
46.8 FO% 51.0

Game Notes

10 Responses to “GDT – Edmonton Oilers 3, Columbus Blue Jackets 5 – Mar 15, 2010 @ 5:00 PM – SNET– Game 69”

1. MetalOil says:

I feel confident enough now that wins will not jeopardize our Draft position any longer. Now is the time for they players as individuals playing as a team to show us/the coaches that they are worthy of roster spots for next season.

2. Trogdor says:

I’m thinking tonight’s game will be similar to the Montreal game. Lots of run and gun and little defence. This will work well keep our GAA high, but hopefully we score a bunch too to keep it entertaining.

I won’t be watching this game tonight! HUGE rain storm out here, flooding everywhere, basement is wrecked, my street is underwater, the stores and stuff are underwater, the city center is underwater. Schools are leaking yet we still have it, raw sewage is everywhere. Go Oilers! I’ll be thinking about them!

4. Trogdor says:

That’s crappy. No pun intended. Hope everything dries up without wreaking too much havok. I’m suprised this is the first time the Oilers and raw sewage have show up in the same comment…

5. Trogdor says:

Some nice passing after our inability to get out of our zone and the Jackets are up 1-0.

6. Trogdor says:

Oh man everyone in the building saw that break away coming. Well played by Dubnyk.

7. Trogdor says:

And we’re knotted up at 1 after Nilsson scores.

8. Trogdor says:

Despite losing so far, Dubnyk has played well.

9. Trogdor says:

It’s quiet here, so I’m off to have a few with some friends. Hopefully the boys in blue surprise when I check scores later.

Just caught the last half of the third. Too bad they weren’t able to tie it up, DD just got to the bench for the extra attacker and the puck was turned over for the empty netter. Would be nice for DD to get a win some time this season, but at least Mason finally got a win for my pool. I like what Aaron Johnson’s brought to the team (from what I’ve seen of him).