Well I missed last night’s game, but it looked like the Moreau show… were there any Moreau to the Kings rumors? We’ll have to see who showcases themselves tonight.
So the Oilers are continuing their fall for hall on this road trip so far, with a perfect 0-4. The Kings lost their last game (4-2 to Anaheim on Monday), but you’re allowed to lose 1 or 2 when you’ve won the previous 9. Hold on to your butts, it’s going to get rough. Another loss tonight, I would think.
Prediction: 6-1 Kings
Edmonton Oilers Projected Line-Up (subject to change)
Los Angeles Kings Projected Line-Up (subject to change)
Richardson Kopitar Brown
Smyth Stoll Simmonds
Frolov Handzus Parse
Ivanans Moller Purcell
- Last night on the post-game show, Dan Tencer and Rob Brown seemed to be speculating that the Oilers were MacIntyring (Mac-retyring?) Zack Stortini. In other words, they suggested that perhaps they did not see his use here anymore and he might become obsolete from the lineup. If that’s the case, they’re a bit more clueless than I thought. One thing I learned from watching MacTavish last year (to his credit) was that you only need to sit Stortini for a game or two, and he’ll learn and come back flying and be a factor.
- Will update as info comes.
|1ST PERIOD SCORING|
|2ND PERIOD SCORING|
|– 13:38 – Grebeshkov from Staios, Cogliano|
|Great shift here. Stortini screens Ersberg and taps for the shot. Grebeshkov wrists it on net. Greene tries to knock it free, but he actually tips it in the net.|
|3RD PERIOD SCORING|
|– 7:46 – Penner (PP) from Nilsson, Visnovsky|
|Penner steps into the faceoff dot to Ersberg’s right and wires it past his blocker.|
|– 11:05 – Brown from|
|The Kings press hard on this shift, throwing everything at Desulauriers. The shot from the point is saved. Deslauriers goes down to try and stop Deslauriers, but Brown roofs it.|
|– 15:12 – Smyth from Brown, O’Donnell|
|The point shot is saved by Deslauriers. He’s pretty far out of the paint though as the rebound goes to Smyth. He has no problem putting it into the 4×6.|
|SHOTS ON GOAL|
1ST PERIOD HIGHLIGHTS
16:21 – Moreau hammers Drewiske in the LA zone behind the goal line on a dump in.
5:54 – On the Oilers powerplay, Dustin Brown gets a partial breakaway. He almost looks like he will blow past Gilbert (last man back), but Gilbert manages to stay with him while seemingly spending half the effort.
4:25 – Stortini makes his return to the lineup known by causing some frustration for Ersberg and knocking Johnson over in front of him, after the whistle.
2:21 – Slick move by Comrie who was in on a 2-on-1. He telegraphed pass and even fake-passed it, then fired it on Ersberg, but Ersberg didn’t buy it (mostly thanks to Johnson playing the pass quite well).
2ND PERIOD HIGHLIGHTS
18:33 – Anze Kopitar just barely misses a pass on the rush and a chance to tap it in behind Deslauriers.
15:08 – Great play here… Horcoff entered the zone… Gilbert zoomed in a head of him past 2 defenders. Horcoff flipped a gorgeous pass to him that landed right on the tape. Gilbert got a shot off, but Ersberg made the save.
12:15 – Frolov goes behind the net and tries to wrap it around in on goal. Deslauriers is looking the other way, but luckily the puck flies out through the crease.
7:00 – Great shift here by Moreau, Stortini and Cogliano…. they end up scoring on it. As Gene said, it looked like they were on a powerplay there.
3:18 – Nice hit by Staios on Moller. Kind of fell on him, but Staios showed good blue collar work on this PK.
3RD PERIOD HIGHLIGHTS
9:58 – Nice save by Deslauriers on a one-timer from Drewiski at the point.
7:32 – Richardson and Gilbert do some sparring in front of the net.. good for Gilbert for standing his ground.
3:48 – Smid and Simmonds exchange some glove punches. They look ready to go. Perhaps something brewing for later.
1:49 – The net comes off the moorings and Doughty shoots it in, well after. Deslauriers gets pissed off and jumps on Doughty mugging him. No gloves dropped, but still worth mentioning. Time for some 4-on-4 action.
3:21 – Staios gets called for a penalty in the OT.
3:10 – Deslauriers makes a good save on a Stoll one-timer on the powerplay.
1:20 – Lucky break for the Oilers here as the Kings couldn’t quite score on the powerplay, but they get some good chances, including a near repeat of the two Kings goals.
0:20 – O’Sullivan gets in alone on Ersberg with a d-man pressing him. He fires it from the middle of the circle, and Ersberg whips out the glove.
LAK – 1 – Kopitar – GOAL
- Deslauriers tries to poke check him, but Kopitar freezes him and dekes and puts it upstairs.
EDM – 1 O’Sullivan – No goal
- O’Sullivan tries to shoot it upstairs but Ersberg gets the arm out and it goes up high.
LAK – 2 – Johnson – No goal
- Deslauriers poke checks again and Johnson can’t geta shot off. The puck almost squeaks through JDD’s pads anyways.
EDM – 2 – Potulny – No goal
- Potulny goes in deking. Ersberg gets low spreading the pads out. Potulny tucks it off the post.
LAK – 3 – Brown – No goal
- Deslauriers poke checks yet again. Brown gets absolutely nothing going here.
EDM – 3 – Horcoff – Goal
- Horcoff comes in and fires it hard past the blocker side, mid-height in the net.
LAK – 4 – Smyth – No goal
- Smyth fakes the shot and brings it backhand and tries to go five-hole. Deslauriers gets the paddle down though and stops it.
EDM – 4 – Nilsson – No goal
- Nilsson tries to deke and go backhand – forehand, but the puck slips off his stick.
LAK – 5 – Stoll – No goal
- Stoll comes in and shoots it low on the glove side. Great leg save here by Deslauriers as he kicks it out.
EDM – 5 – Comrie – No goal
- Comrie tries to deke and bring it back forehand for the shot, but Ersberg makes the save.
LAK – 6 – Doughty – No goal
- Doughty tries to deke, but again Deslauriers stick is in the way and pokes it free before a shot can be made.
EDM – 6 – Pouliot – No goal
- Pouliot dekes, goes forehand backhand and rings it off the post.
LAK – 7 – Simmonds – Goal
- Simmonds comes in and shoots the forehand past JDD
EDM – 7 – Penner – Goal
- Penner comes in and dekes and slides it under and through Ersberg’s five hole.
LAK – 8 – Richardson – No goal
- Deslauriers again pokes it away and then kicks the pad out on the extra attempt by Richardson.
EDM – 8 – Pisani – No goal
- Ersberg poke checks it off Pisani’s stick who was trying to deke.
LAK – 9 – Handzus – Goal
- Deslauriers goes down and tries to poke check, but Handzus pulls it to the side and shoots it in the cage.
EDM – 9 – Brule – Goal
- Brule stickhandles quickly all the way up to Ersberg. Ersberg goes down in the butterfly and Brule beats him on the forehand on the glove side.
LAK – 10 – Frolov – No goal
- He comes in shooting and fires it pretty wide.
EDM – 10 – Visnovsky – Goal
- He comes in looking to deke. Ersberg goes down and Visnovsky goes backhand to forehand and fires it mid-height into the blocker side of the net.
85 Responses to “GDT – Edmonton Oilers 3, Los Angeles Kings 2 (SO) – Feb 11, 2010 @ 8:30 PM – SNET – Game 60”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.