By , February 2, 2010 11:11 pm
GDT - Edmonton Oilers vs. Philadelphia Flyers

GDT - Edmonton Oilers vs. Philadelphia Flyers

Well, once again, shithead returns to Edmonton. It’s been a few years since his exodus, now, however the pain is still there. For those of you going to the game, pass this message along to Chris everytime he touches the puck: “ahh-boooOoooOoOOOooooooo!”.

So the Oilers are on a ginormous, one-game winning streak – HOT LIKE FIRE! They are undefeated in February so far, after going winless in January. What a difference a new month can make! OK, I’ll stop spinning it more positively than it really is. The Flyers, meanwhile, have won their last 2 games, with defeats over the Quasimodo-less Flames (although luckily they still had Jokinen, who played with a tonne of heart knowing he was about to be traded within the next 24 hours.. dur), and Rob Schremp’s Islanders. They are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games.

Can the Oilers get two in a row?? My money says yes. As Steve-O says, this is the East… even this group of asshats can get this win.

Prediction: 5-3 Oilers, plus: Ethan Moreau takes a bad penalty in the third to make it a nail biter, Chris Pronger gets booed a lot, and Dan Carcillo beats the shit out of Paul Lorieau during the American anthem because he didn’t have gloves on.

(Brain Prediction: 5-2 Flyers)

P.S., check the game notes for some interesting info on Moreau.

PROJECTED LINE-UPS

Edmonton Oilers Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

(Lines are speculative at this point…)

Penner-Gagner-Cogliano
O’Sullivan-Potulny-Brule
Moreau – Horcoff – Comrie
Jacques-Pouliot-Stortini

Visnovsky – Chorney
Gilbert – Grebeshkov
Plante – Strudwick

Deslauriers
Dubnyk

Philadelphia Flyers Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

Gagne – Richards – Hartnell

22.9 PP% 19
80.4 PK% 73.9
31.6 S/G 28.6
28.3 SA/G 31.6
50.2 FO% 47.3

GAME NOTES

– Cogliano hits the top line.
– New scratches: Nilsson, Pisani
– Smid is back skating again… he’s wearing the “no hit” jersey
– Steve Staios is still a long ways from returning, according to Jason Gregor. As such, don’t expect him to be traded.
– According to Darren Dreger, the Oilers are pushing hard to trade some of their players. He notes Moreau again as one of them, but figures they’ll need to sweeten the pot a bit on some trades. Rumor, courtesy of Robin Brownlee, is that the Maple Leafs are interested and Garnet Exelby could be the guy coming this way. He’s a UFA at the end of the year, so why the hell not? He’s described as a bruising d-man. No offensive ability.. not the best defensively either. So he’s a depth guy. But we could use any help on defense we could get. Now the Leafs will also be looking for a pick as well. Worth it now? Gotta wonder why they didn’t bother with Boynton, but the Oil seem to get transfixed on certain names. But Brownlee does suggest that perhaps we send a 3rd their way and they send a 4th back. That would be decent. By the way, Bob McKenzie tweeted tonight saying “Garnett Exelby has NOT been traded. The rumors are bogus. There, you will sleep better now.” Not sure if it was related to this in any way.

SCORING SUMMARY

1ST PERIOD SCORING
No scoring.
2ND PERIOD SCORING
No scoring.
3RD PERIOD SCORING
EDM – 19:43 – Potunly from Gagner, Penner
Gagner skates in the zone and gives and goes with Penner. He then passes it backhand cross-crease to Potulny who taps it in behind Leighton.
SHOTS ON GOAL
1st 2nd 3rd Total
PHI PHI 14 12 7 33
EDM EDM 11 10 6 27

1ST PERIOD HIGHLIGHTS

16:23 – Jacques throws a huge hit on Bartulis.
15:50 – Stortini nails Powe at the Oilers bench, nearly throwing him in there.
15:22 – Cogliano sets up Plante with a one timer. It sails over the net, but was a good hard shot.
13:15 – Carter barely dodges a Stortini check that would put him into the land of the unconciousness.
11:28 – “BoooooOooOooooOoOoOo”
9:05 – Laperriere and Plante joust in front of the net. Stortini immediately skates in and starts yelling at him. Each get a few shots in, but nothing major. Stortini goes to the box shaking his hand and whincing a bit. Hopefully he’s fine.
6:33 – Grebeshkov stripped of the puck by Briere while trying to go around the net. Ugly. He was thankfully bailed out by JDD though.
3:55 – Carter finds Richard on the backdoor play. He’s behind Deslauriers somehow, in the blue paint, and by some miracle he can’t get it in the completely wide open cage. Carter tried to bring it to his backhand better and the puck rolled off his stick and through the paint. I think the same mysterious force that kept Patrick Stefan from scoring the empty netter kept the puck out there – Saran Wrap on the net.

2ND PERIOD HIGHLIGHTS

10:13 – Visnovsky is cross-checked from behind… he skates off the ice and goes down to the hallway for some words with Ken Lowe. Not something the team needs. Thankfully he returned to the bench shortly after.
5:38 – Somehow the puck stays out of the net on a Jeff Carter chance that makes Deslauriers go west/east very quickly.
4:08 – Plante bowls over Carcillo at the blue line. Carcillo later in the shift comes at him with a hit and Plante barely budges. Even later on the shift, the two jostle in front of the Oilers net and drop the gloves briefly, but Carcillo doesn’t Gaborikate him.
2:10 – Great takeaway by Potulny on Asham here.
1:53 – Plante races back to get back into a play in the Oilers zone on the rush. He buries Giroux from behind as Giroux stalls at the side of the net.

3RD PERIOD HIGHLIGHTS

11:33 – Pronger swings behind his own goal line to touch the puck on what he thinks is an icing call. Moreau follows and bumps him against the glass. The puck rolls free up the boards to Cogliano. He and Moreau exchange scoring chances, much to the delight of Rexall fans.
8:31 – Stortini and Jacques double team Carcillo with a big hit. Carcillo looks a little shaken up after the hit. After the whistle, he skates around a bit nursing his back. He is OK though.
7:08 – Jeff Carter nearly blows past Gilbert and Grebeshkov in alone, but credit to both for slowing him down and getting the puck from him.
5:24 – Alex Plante flips the puck over the glass accidentally. It was a rolling puck. He gets called for the penalty.
4:58 – On the powerplay, Giroux rings one of the post here. Close call.
3:45 – Jeff Carter’s stick explodes receiving a pass… god damn some of these sticks are horribly made.
1:50 – Powe takes a high-sticking call on Gagner with 1:50 to go in the game. Wow, Laviolette can’t be happy with him. It was accidental, however.
0:01 – Hartnell bowls over Grebeshkov intentionally to knock him into Deslauriers. Wow… completely unnecessary at the end of the game. Credit to Gilbert for standing up to him and throwing a few gloves punches his way.

POST-GAME RANT

Well, not the prettiest game, but a decent one. Players that stood out for me: Alex Plante (great battling with Dan Carcillo!), Jason Strudwick who kept it simple again, Deslauriers was brilliant at many points, but scary as usual at other points (and lucky!), Jacques and Stortini both had dominating physical games that made Carcillo look like a pussycat out there. Penner is slowly creeping back into the Cheeto eating slug we knew last year. Hopefully he can pick it up… mostly because I have him in the pool!

Next game, tomorrow vs. The Wild on the road. It’s a 6:00 start on Sportsnet.

76 Responses to “GDT – Edmonton Oilers 1, Philadelphia Flyers 0 – Feb 3, 2010 @ 7:30 PM – TSN – Game 55”

1. Puritania says:

I really enjoyed this GDT.

From the killer Prongs helmet (Is that a Jofa?) to “and Dan Carcillo beats the shit out of Paul Lorieau during the American anthem because he didn’t have gloves on.” Which made me laugh quite loudly and my favorite, The blue “Help” which made me crack up yet again.

If the Game is half as entertaining as this thread it’ll be a gooder.

Cogs on the top line – showcase! Watch out for Pronger’s elbows and that greasy little Briere.

Speaking of greasy, Hartnell and Carcillo enjoy running goalies. Dublauriers/Desnyk may need to channel Roli ‘nut you first, ask questions later’ (except when I’m in a playoff race and then I’ll just draw penalties instead of incur them).

3. Horpensky says:

I actually totally forgot Pronger was coming to town given the whirlwind that’s been going on with this team and the NHL. Given any normal season, I probably would have circled this game on my calendar.

Puritania: haha, it was as fun to write up… glad you enjoyed it.

LNOF: Man, I hope they’re not showcasing Cogs, cause I would rather they kept him and moved others.

Horpensky: Yah honestly I forgot too. But when I was looking for a GDT pic, I stumbled on Pronger, then remembered. And well, decided to give him a better helmet (yes that is a Jofa, puritania.. lol).

i’m going to the game, should be good stuff.

also, i’m not sure we want to give up any picks as a rebuilding team

Racki you asshole, come here and clean the coffee off of my monitor…that helmet made me laugh hard enough too spew coffee everywhere.

Gold.

btw, I never liked Pronger…not even as an Oiler, and yes I know he’s an elite D, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda…never could stand him though.

7. Craig Simpson says:

How would Moreau for Exelby require picks to go to Toronto? That just doesn’t seem reasonable. Its a wash at best, and Moreau really should be the better player in that deal. As Steve-O says, we shouldn’t be giving up picks in our current situation.

And I don’t understand the trade Cogliano thing. Unless we trade him to the Bruins for Toronto’s first pick and a prospect, I’m not sure where we’d be ahead.

8. NorwegianOiler says:

Agree with CS here, why would Edmonton entertain Burkie by giving a pick in addition to the better player in the deal? Exelby…not a very good player, yet his pending free agency is a relief (though the months leading up to July 1st will carry nightmares of the announcement that the Oilers ‘have signed defenseman Garnet Exelby to a 5 year 15 million deal’…:P)

Craig Simpson: How would Moreau for Exelby require picks to go to Toronto? That just doesn’t seem reasonable.Its a wash at best, and Moreau really should be the better player in that deal.As Steve-O says, we shouldn’t be giving up picks in our current situation.And I don’t understand the trade Cogliano thing.Unless we trade him to the Bruins for Toronto’s first pick and a prospect, I’m not sure where we’d be ahead.

I see where Toronto would be coming from…we give you an expiring contract and we will take Moreau from you, but you need to throw a pick in there for eating next years cap hit

i just don’t like it from out perspective. i said earlier that i don’t think moreau and staios are tradeable (due to having another year on their contracts), but then i got my hopes up with the rumors coming out. now i think its teams looking to dump their own problems (i.e. ducks with JSG) or toronto looking to get something extra for taking our problems

Edit:, oops it was steve-o… that hit the nail on the head.

And I’m sure this is where you’d disagree, but it’s time to stop doing favors for guys that aren’t doing us any favors. If they can’t be traded, throw them on waivers.

Btw, you folks will be happy to know that Tambellini isn’t throwing picks away. Sounds like he’s stalled a Moreau / Exelby trade because he’s not going to give up a pick. I wonder if they’d do something like Moreau + 4th, for Exelby + 5th, or Moreau +5th for Exelby +7th

yeah, moreau’s salary/cap hit/term aren’t large enough IMO to give up a pick just to shed his salary…hell, I’d rather just buy him out and the cap hit that we’d take for that would be very minimal…although, I like Moreau for Exelby straight up, as from what I know about Exelby is he loves taking the body, and does it well, so if nothing else he brings the sorely lacking aspect of making opposing teams forward be a little more wary carrying the puck into our zone.

Now, if someone were to take on Horcoff I’d be willing to think about giving up a pick or two to get rid of that.

I guess they have to ask themselves: “how badly do we want to change the ‘culture’ of the team”. If they don’t, then no sense moving him I suppose.

I think the theory of swapping mid-round picks is as far as I’d go. Nothing higher than a 4th for a 5th as suggested. I’d do it just to get these guys out of here. We get Exelby, who won’t hurt the tank, but will play with some passion as he’e up for a contract and gain cap-space for next year. This is exactly the type of deal I expect for these guys. We should be jumping at that deal, but if Burke wants anything higher than a 4th, I’m not in.

Moreau on the Leafs would be a good addition. He’d get a fresh start and play the role he’s supposed to and not be given the C or likely even an A. Role player.

Oh and one thing I lost sight of for a moment… the main reason we’re moving salary like Moreau, Staios, etc. is to be able to afford the mass wave of RFAs we have next year. So I’m really hoping a buyout is an option Katz/Tambellini are willing to take.

15. mrgod2u says:

We are obviously trying to open up some salary to make a pitch at a high end UFA at season-end. ;)

Plus we have to pay the promotional DVD people before they will make up our new one (Working title: The Mighty Dorks 2010: Sink or Skate!).

lol That would not surprise me one bit.

17. MetalOil says:

MetalOil: I really hope we win today. it would really bring my spirts up cause I broke my wrist at rabbit hill yesterday. some trades would too.

Souray? ;)

19. MetalOil says:

first thing i thought of when it happened

20. NorwegianOiler says:

NorwegianOiler: Of all dismally mismanaging actions, I’d rather waive Moreau than trade away a pick to Toronto to cut him loose. Then again, I actually believe Moreau could land a pick on his own, given that we don’t ask for something outrageous. I could see Moreau regain some of his game if given ‘a new chance’ somewhere else – particularly with a belligerent team like Anaheim, Dallas or Boston…

I tend to think you’re right. Getting a 3rd or 4th rounder in return is what they should be aiming at. Same with guys that will have playoff value to some clubs like Staios (although the Boynton and Witt waivers make me wonder) and Pisani. I have to believe they have some value, even if it is very low in the draft order or a minor league player.

Waiving a player is the next option I guess, but obviously it would be nice to get even a late rounder for them, but that may not be possible. There’s lots of time to move these guys, even if it’s during the summer with one year left on their contracts. There’s no need to sweeten anything at this point. Thats’s my view. ;)

MetalOil: first thing i thought of when it happened

Well hopefully you’re not out for too long.

chucker:
    I tend to think you’re right.Getting a 3rd or 4th rounder in return is what they should be aiming at.Same with guys that will have playoff value to some clubs like Staios (although the Boynton and Witt waivers make me wonder) and Pisani.I have to believe they have some value, even if it is very low in the draft order or a minor league player.Waiving a player is the next option I guess, but obviously it would be nice to get even a late rounder for them, but that may not be possible.There’s lots of time to move these guys, even if it’s during the summer with one year left on their contracts.There’s no need to sweeten anything at this point.Thats’s my view. ;)

24. Haboiler says:

Maybe even flip for Boynton or Witt. Moreau could help the Islanders as well.

Don’t get me started on Boynton… :P

Racki: I think we’d be lucky to get a 6th or 7th for either of Moreau/Staios. But you are right though.. if teams won’t bite, then they can send them through waivers before July 1st.

Likely true. Any draft pick is a good return I suppose when you look at it from a cap point of view as well as culture change. It’s not like we have a Phaneuf to throw in to sweeten the deal; Well, not anymore….

Yep, I’d happily take anything we can get for Moreau and Staios. I’d happily take nothing in return! Just not happy about giving extra to move them though, unless it’s minor.

28. mrgod2u says:

Not that I am for keeping Moreau, but even at his cap hit of 1.75 for next season he is only a liability in that he isn’t playing well right now. Someone will have to play in his spot either a prospect on an entry level deal (400K-1M) or a 1 season rental plug (likely 1.2-2M) considering that we can just cut him loose at the end of next season anyway, is it really worth a pick to open up at best 1.3M in cap space?
    The real moves we want to look at are (were, before injuries) the ones that gain us a lot of space. Visser (although I hate to see him go) Souray, Staios (again only a paltry savings vs. the UFA cost of a Defenseman to replace him) any of these traded for picks would have done the trick. Even trading Horcoff for a slightly less lengthy bad contract would benefit us in the long term (although I honestly think we are stuck with him forever).
    Granted if we can get rid of 3 of the post-SCF bad contracts it adds up to a Souray so however it happens. Next year we want as much freed up cap space as we can because we want only short-term rental players, and prospects. Then in the 2011-2012 season we drop all the short-termers that we need to and pick up a quality UFA to center our young fast talent (or buy some quality defensive back-end) and ride that combo to the cup (Much like Chicago will do this year)

Sadly I see us possibly having as bad a year next year while we blow out the rest of these contracts and mature our prospects… But then it’s not like two #1 draft picks in a row ever won anyone a cup… eh Pittsburgh?

Just to correct, Moreau’s cap hit is 2M (his salary is 1.75 though).

And I don’t agree that they should purely focus on big salary (because the mid-range stuff is also enough to do the job). Yes, Vis and Souray alone will do the trick. But both of those players are useful to us. Trading one alone would be fine though, and that guy would have to be Souray just based on that Visnovsky is the best all around d-man we have. But if you add up Moreau’s cap hit of 2M, Staios’ 2.7M, O’Sullivan’s 2.95, and Souray’s 5.4M alone, that’s a pretty significant savings. Even if you sub out Gilbert for Souray, that’s a big difference (although teams probably won’t be so interested in Gilbert as they would Souray)

Visnovsky for sure is the easiest to move, but I think with some elbow grease, Tambellini can get out of this jam without moving Visnovsky.

30. Trogdor says:

It’s not a massive revamp for the Blue Jackets, but they are trying to shake things up a bit. Hitchcock has been let go.

Maybe we can bring him in as a 3rd coach. 2 doesn’t seem to do it, then we could sit a coach in the press box with Nilsson and Pisani tonight!

When are we going to hear some Oil related news?

Racki: although teams probably won’t be so interested in Gilbert as they would Souray

i bet its the other way around…gilbert being younger, cheaper and more upside going forward

chucker: Same with guys that will have playoff value to some clubs like Staios (although the Boynton and Witt waivers make me wonder) and Pisani.

i think that those two on waivers (and clearing) shows exactly how difficult it will be to move these guys

33. Horpensky says:

I’d look at the trade from a culture change pov for getting rid of Moreau. To me, we can’t get rid of him soon enough. What’s the effect of keeping him around? Imo the development of Gagner and co. We know it will inevitably be his team, and each game they play under Moreau and co is hurting them more than anything. If we start a culture change, we do it now. One more year of Moreau and co will just slow down the transition and our future leaders, and to me speeding up this process is worth a 3rd round pick.

34. mrgod2u says:

I agree about the culture change. I think Moreau should be stripped of the C if he stays. It is far less of a stigma than it used to be and frankly he doesn’t deserve it for his on-ice play alone.

M arguement about making the cap space with 3 guys is that you still have to replace 3 guys. and that means more guys gone (which isn’t a problem as long as it’s the right 3 guys). Whereas 1 high-priced D-man can pay the salary of 3 role-playing 3rd liners (on any other team than the Oilers :) )
    Having that money without the extra roster spots to backfill allows us room to demote/ move in 3 for one deals etc.

I just think if the only blockbuster deal is Moreau + pick for an expiring UFA then we might be better off waiting him out and replacing him when he leaves on his own.

Huh, I guess Kovalchuk isn’t headed to Calgary as per Bob Mc’s twitter. On the Oilers note I think we have to loose a few more games unless we want to pick up players/contracts like Exelby’s where it expires at the end of the season. Personally I can see any trades trying to improve this team because it would probably take a few players. If any trades will be made any time soon I’m thinking it will be more “lateral” type of trades.

You’d think the clubs record would have to play into it to a certain extent. Scenario: If Edmonton had a record like Chicago or Washington even we’d get a lot more out of certain players than we currently do. Of course a lot of other variables play into that (they actually have a good team built) but I’m just saying the stock has dropped immensely for a lot of our Oilers from the beginning of the season.

36. mrgod2u says:

37. Mr.Majestyk says:

mrgod2u: Plus maybe the big deal we are looking at is for Kovi. Package up all our junk and then let him walk at the end of the season, maybe we can even get them to take Horc’s salary back.

I seriously hope not. I doubt all our “junk” wouldn’t even come close to landing us Kovalchuk. We’d have to give up something like Penner + (Gags or Cogs) + (Brule or POS) and probably a Second and or Third round draft pick. I really don’t see us trying to acquire Kovalchuck right now, we don’t have the right ‘pieces’ to offer. Plus it wouldn’t really do good for us in the future, we’d have like one decent scoring line maybe and most of the core of our future would be in Atalanta. Then come off-season he’d either leave or we’d sign him to a ridiculous contract.

Sadly I can see Tambo chasing him in the off-season though, which would be more preffered if it’s not at the expense of most our ‘core young guys’ and over 1/6 of our cap space.

Mr.Majestyk: not a bad idea mrgod. Say we package up a bunch of useful roster players and send them to Atlanta for Kovi and then flip Kovi to a contending team for picks, prospects.

Haha, not sure if that’s sarcasm or not and not to be rude but I’m going to have to disagree. I don’t think more prospects + picks is going to really help the team at the moment. We have an abundant source of prospects (and currently good draft pick ranking) coming our way: MPS, Eberle, (This year’s first rounder looking good), Omark (not sure on his status), Petry, Peckham, Chorney to name a few.

And I’m happy to finally see the top line of:
    Penner – Gags – Cogs

39. Mr.Majestyk says:

Fair enough, but if our prospect pool is so good, why do the Falcons suck so much? We need to start think several years ahead when we draft players. At the same time, I’d gladly make trades that will improve the team moving forward. The benefit of getting the picks and prospects now is that we’d unload a bunch of salary moving forward and we could address our needs in the offseason.

Mr.Majestyk: Fair enough, but if our prospect pool is so good, why do the Falcons suck so much?We need to start think several years ahead when we draft players.At the same time, I’d gladly make trades that will improve the team moving forward.The benefit of getting the picks and prospects now is that we’d unload a bunch of salary moving forward and we could address our needs in the offseason.

Well one of two reasons, the first one being we punch to ticket for our prospects too early. Realistically how much of our roster do you think should be in Springfield right now/how many started this season there. Not only have our injuries plagued and hurt our standings but also the Falcons standings as well. A few players should be not up here right now and some should be in theory just starting their NHL career (Gagner, Cogliano, JDD) while some should still be developing (in Springfield right now), namely Dubnyk, Chorney, Plante.

The second reason is that because of these factors we have been caught in this a “transition” phase. Where either we have players playing up here, some due to injury and we let some “bust(s)” go (Schremp). So in this transition phase it’s like the Falcons kind of have a similar position as the Oilers, where a chunk of their roster has been depleted and they can’t really acquire any players right now (maybe because the way the current market is) and some of our prospects haven’t made it there yet: Eberle, MPS, Omark, (current first rounder). I remember we had Sabourin last year but I can’t remember his contract status so I really couldn’t name you their goalie right now which is kind of an issue. At least when Doobie was down there I could but really who do they have in net? That’s my take on it though. =p

And really for this “cap-dump” thing, we have a good majority of our rosters coming up as either UFA/RFA’s at the end of this season, so worse comes to worse we could let some of them walk (or make some trades then, probably pick a few things up for even the rights to a contract). Really the only players which we should be worrying about right now for the “cap-dump” is Moreau, Gilbert and Staios in my opinion. Although if we get rid of Staios we’ll need a gritty defensive defensemen in his place or this team will be in even deeper defensive crap.

Falcons suck because our best prospects aren’t in Springfield.

Racki: Falcons suck because our best prospects aren’t in Springfield.
    Often an AHL team is also equally dependent on AHL-lifers. Prendergast(?) did a good job of assembling some career AHLers there for this year, but there’s been so many injuries here and down there, and plus with our best players elsewhere (Junior, KHL, SEL, College) that doesn’t help.Our goaltending prospects also suck too. Dubnyk being up here doesn’t help at all. The Falcons were doing great with him.

Haha, in a nutshell Racki summed up my previous post in a few sentences.

43. Mr.Majestyk says:

Yeah, many of our prospects are playing somewhere other than our own AHL team…which I think kind of sucks. I remember reading an article, possibly on here, or another blog about Riley Nash playing in college. Basically the Oilers aren’t happy with his progress because of the number of games he plays in college, something to that effect. Anyhow, it would make much more sense to get as many of these guys playing in the A as possible so that the organization can build the system from the top down. Falcons playing the same system as the Oilers.

Mr.Majestyk: Anyhow, it would make much more sense to get as many of these guys playing in the A as possible so that the organization can build the system from the top down. Falcons playing the same system as the Oilers. I like the fact that they went out and got some AHL-lifers as you put it Racki. Arsene is a good example of this. I think he’s the kind of guy that is a good influence on our prospects, helping them become pro’s.

Another thing that would help this organization, long term, would be letting prospects develop. I really hope we don’t see more than one maybe two at very most of our prospects in Oiler silks next year. The only two possible prospects I would maybe consider would be Eberle (because of his camp here last year) and our first rounder (if it’s a top or second pick overall) but even then it may be best to let them develop and play a season or two in the “A”.

Who thinks the HNIC theme still doesn’t really sit with the TSN games? And I hope that is our intro song next year, “Sound of Madness”.

Agreed on what you two are saying about the AHL org..

And yah, I also think Neal Peart’s drum solo craziness sounds completely random when played against the backdrop of a cheesy MIDI sounding HNIC theme.

BooOooOoOoOooooooOOOOOOoooo

You had to know Storts and Lappy would get it on…

I want to see Carcillo and Struds/Moreau go at it.

I want to see Carcillo go at it with a fan or something equally as random as Gaborik. :P