2010 Edmonton Oilers Autograph Session Locations

By , February 12, 2010 11:38 am

2010 Edmonton Oilers Autograph Session Locations

2010 Edmonton Oilers Autograph Session Locations

Tomorrow (Saturday Feb 13th, 2010) is the 2010 Edmonton Oilers Autograph Session at West Edmonton Mall. It will be between 1:00PM and 2:30PM.

The map was in today’s Journal. Since I’m at work, I can’t really scan the thing in and post it here, so I did up my own map based on that one.

Here are the corresponding locations (note they COULD change, as I’ve seen before):

1 – Steve Staios and Marc Pouliot
2 – Denis Grebeshkov and Gilbert Brule
3 – Tom Gilbert and Robert Nilsson
4 – Ladislav Smid and Patrick O’Sullivan
5 – Andrew Cogliano and Devan Dubnyk
6 – Ales Hemsky and Ryan Stone
7 – Shawn Horcoff and Fernando Pisani
8 – Sam Gagner and Jean-Francois Jacques
9 – Mike Comrie and Jason Strudwick
10 – Ethan Moreau and Lubomir Visnovsky
11 – Jeff Deslauriers and Ryan Potulny
12 – Dustin Penner and Zack Stortini

So any of you folks going? If so, who do you plan on going to?

41 Responses to “2010 Edmonton Oilers Autograph Session Locations”

1. Horpensky says:

Aww man they put Lubo with Moreau..

LOL that was exactly my feeling too. But they always put the duds with players people really want to see.

3. Horpensky says:

4. Mr.Majestyk says:

Someone should go to the signing that speaks fluent Slovak and tell Lubo, ‘I really hope they trade the guy sitting next to you so we can start winning again” Then just smile at Ethan.

Horpensky: Btw how early do you need to line up? I’m thinking of heading up from calgary for this!

I have gone the past two years. Both times I showed up minimum of two hours early. You’ll get through pretty quick and possibly have time to hit up another table or two if you do that.

Really this year though, you have to wonder how much fan support there will be. But hey, kids will always go to this stuff.

This year I was thinking of getting there at about 11:00 or 11:30. Not sure if I want to go to Penner/Stortini or Grebeshkov/Brule. I know a lot of you probably laugh at the Grebeshkov idea, but I’m thinking about it because I have a jersey from his former team in Russia that I’d like signed (Yaroslavl Lokomotiv).

I also really wanted to hit up Lubo.. but yah.. eww.. Moreau. :P

I’m also getting the wisdom teeth yanked this afternoon (they’re all exploded through though) and not sure what tomorrow will feel like. So there is also a good possibility I’ll just stay in bed instead.. who knows.

6. Oilersman says:

Ugly… wisdom teeth are never fun… If I was to go Racki I’d say Penner/Storts, thank Penner for carrying the team this year and for putting up with all our bs the past 3… and bear hug Stortini??

hah, actually I kind of wanted to go to that table sort of that reason. Give those two guys props. Penner for getting the fans back on his side. Stortini because he’s been a consistent hard worker since he came in the league and has come a long ways.

Ideally I have time to hit both tables. I wish they put Grebeshkov with Moreau.. then it would be a barren wasteland there. lol

if i were to do this i would go see hemsky

9. Erin says:

I wonder if I’ll get my stamp card completed by going to every station!!

@MM, I so wish I could speak Slovak. That would be priceless.

11. Horpensky says:

Could you imagine if they put Gagner and Cogs at the same table? I think that would be the most popular table.

Laughing gas = good fun.
    Mouth full of gauze for indefinite time = not fun at all.

13. oilers rule flames suck says:

oilers are gonna be awesome next near

14. simon says:

i love gags

15. simon says:

lift your arm

Is there a Jen Sharpe/Crystal Leriger autograph table?

I might actually fly up for that …

17. Oilersman says:

How about a Principe/Stauffer booth? hahahahaha

So not right…. :P

19. Oilersman says:

Lol I was waiting for that comment… how’s the cotton mouth Racki? :P

Sucks… looking forward to being back to normal again!

21. Haboiler says:

Had mine out in December Racki, took about 3 days before I felt like leaving the house… Good luck with them…. Sure wish they had Crystal at a booth…. mmmmmm lol

Erin: My son (who just turned 5) has been reciting Penner stats for two weeks since I told him I would take him. I am so excited to take him to meet his first hockey idol! Thanks for posting the locations!

Go early man, last year I took my little brother, who was four at the time, to see Penner and Souray first and we were there I think just after 9:00am or 10:00am, I’d head there nine thirty to be safe and camp out. I was able to hit up Cole/Brodziak’s table too (the line moved pretty fast and wasn’t as long) and I hate to say it but my mom and sister waited in the Hemsky/Gilbert line and I got to hit that table up with my little brother too.

And Haboiler, I wish they did too…

Haboiler: Had mine out in December Racki, took about 3 days before I felt like leaving the house… Good luck with them….Sure wish they had Crystal at a booth…. mmmmmm lol

Hopefully it stays this way, but I just woke up 45 mins ago (although going back to sleep soon) and things were a LOT better. One side barely hurts at all. I’ve got a bit of soreness/minor swelling in my cheekbone (which is tolerable), and the bleeding has nearly stopped (now its really minor). That was the biggest thing that bothered me yesterday was having to have that damn gauze in my mouth, and it bled for quite a while.

But I’m thinking I’ll be good to go to get myself an autograph or 4. I’d still really like Grebeshkov’s (and Brule of course) as well as Penner/Stortini.

I would think that the Penner/Stortini line will be longer so I might wait in that one first and then bolt over to Grebs’ line.

Zack: last year I hit up Hemsky/Gilbert. I don’t even remember when I got there, to be honest. I’ll guess 9:30 or so. But I didn’t have too bad of a wait. For sure though you have to get there early for a guy like that though.

24. Oilersman says:

Crystal should be cloned, and then they can use her clones as our ice girls… I heard Katz is going to promise this in a press meeting this morning… All in fun of course haha, but yeah Racki good to hear ur doin a little better this mornin, I woke up in the middle of the night when I got mine removed, my stitches were cut open and I was almost choking on all the blood in my mouth, so count yourself lucky lol.

25. Haboiler says:

I hear ya Oilersman, that first morning the wife woke me up as she was getting ready for work and the sheet of the bed looked like Brock Lesnar just kicked my ass with blood all over the sheet. The gauze is by all accounts the worst part of that procedure.

On a better note, I predict a medal for Canada today, hopefully by Jennifer Heil.

Stauffer said on his show yesterday that the Oil could have had Barker if they wanted him. Well Chicago didn’t want term going forward but they could have flipped Grebs for him. Would you have done that deal:

Barker

for

Grebs and a 2nd?

I doubt they would go for it as they got Jonnson and a 1st, unless they think Grebs would have been more helpful this year.

26. NorwegianOiler says:

Actually, TSN (and maybe other sites) phrased the Barker deal in such a way that it could easily be misinterpreted for Jonsson, a first rounder (and Nick Leddy) for Barker, while it was in fact Leddy who was the “2009 1st rounder”.

The key is that Jonsson is a pending UFA, which they could let go to accomodate Kane, Toews’ raises. Barker has another few years on his deal.

And I would also love to have Barker on our team, someone like Grebs and a decent prospect/pick I’d be willing to give actually. He is young, has size and two way ability. I think Grebeshkov is still a valuable asset to us, but seeing Barker come the other way would be worth it.

28. Oilersman says:

Grebs + Nilson = 25+ turnovers a game

29. NorwegianOiler says:

Racki: Yah, Cam Barker would have been awesome. Grebeshkov (plus) shouldn’t get that deal done though, because of the whole reason the Blackhawks were moving him – to move salary. They’d pretty much take back equal salary, unless they decided not to re-sign Grebs, or not qualify him, and then see if he’ll take a pay cut.

Exactly, which is why Jonsson fits the bill perfectly for Chicago. More experience, UFA and is top 4 quality. That said, if we were in a position to give ‘equally’ much in termso of quality – I’d be all over the deal :D

So I’ve returned from the autograph session.

Stood in line for Penner/Stortini at 11:00. Stortini arrived 20 mins late, so that delayed things a bit. When I got up there I let him know he’s come a long ways since the “huggy bear” days. He said thanks and smiled, and said “oh wow, this is a real vintage jersey, hey?” (brought the old White jersey from the dynasty days). As for Penner, I asked him if he’d gotten any apologies from the fans for being mean to him last year, and he laughed and said “no not yet”. So I said “well, I apologize for the whole city.” hah He just laughed at that and said “thanks”. There’s a good chance he thought I was lost or high, or something, however. ahah

I then headed over to Brule and Grebeshkov. That line was pretty small by the time I got there (actually I scouted that line out first and there was almost no one there this morning at 10:45, so I went to Penner/Stortini first, knowing I could come back to this line after). I brought my Lokomotiv jersey with Grebeshkov’s name on the back (in “Russian”) for him to sign. When he saw it, he said “oh, cool, where’d you get that?”. After telling him where and getting the autograph, I said “spa-see-bah” (thank you in Russian), to which he replied “pah-zhal-uh-sta” (you’re welcome in Russian) and smiled. His reaction to the jersey was a pretty cool moment for me. Glad I hit up that booth.

I then headed over to Comrie/Strudwick. I was going to tell Comrie thanks for coming back to Edmonton, and sorry for booing when he was in another jersey, but because you’re so rushed there, I just said “nice punch on Prucha the other day”. He laughed and said thanks. I accidentally cut him off (saying welcome back to Edmonton) when he was saying something else though, oops. So not sure what else he was going to say. Probably something like “wanna come hang out with Hilary and I?”… :lol:

31. Horpensky says:

So I drove up from Calgary this morning and got to west ed at about noon. I passed by smid/pos’s booth and they had 5 guys lining up. Moreau/Lubo’s booth had a lot more (mostly Moreau fans believe it or not). I wished good luck at the olympics for Lubo and a repeat performance for Moreau tomorrow. Then I went to Hemsky’s, which the line was ridiculous. That was all I had time for.

Oh wow, 5 people?? I should have hit there after the Comrie/Strudwick booth but didn’t think I’d have time.

33. Oilersman says:

I like the stories Racki, glad Penner isn’t taking our criticism from last year too harsh, and that moment with Grebs well, that would be pretty cool, maybe you made him feel like he was at home for a moment? Like if it were the moment of the day for him to or something haha, but yeah I’m surprised Smid/O sully only 5 guys? ouch… I’d rather line up there than where Moreau was lol

34. Oilersman says:

O sully is -29? oh god, I didn’t even notice that statistic… I just thought his play was bad, but it’s obviously pathetic… I don’t remember those numbers since I played Mighty Might (which I do believe is called something else now)

You mean mini-mite, no? (originally)

Isn’t that called Atom now?

36. Oilersman says:

It was Mighty-Mite for me I think, the first starting age, like 3-5 years old, now it’s tomb thumb I think? I could be mistaken, I believe Atom is then next before Pee-Wee, then Bantom, Midget, Juniors, Pro’s.

37. Haboiler says:

When I played back in NS as a kid, it was called “Squirts” and then later on was renamed to Novice.

38. Oilersman says:

arg I knew I missed Novice… Novice is right before Atom… then the rest follows suite. I think I heard the term Squirts before too Haboiler.

I think Atom wasn’t around when I was playing. I think if I recall it was Mini-Mites then Mites. I don’t think there was a stage after that before Peewee, but I don’t remember.