Trying Quinn’s patience..

By , January 8, 2010 1:11 pm
Quinnzilla rips through downtown Edmonton

Quinnzilla rips through downtown Edmonton

Steve-O came up with the idea that Quinn is starting to show his rage side. Personally, I think he has a long ways to go before he’ll be as bad as the likes of Brian Burke, John Tortorella or Ron Wilson (recently). But we decided to have a contest using the tools available to us at work which, trust me, is very limited (MS Paint for the most part).

So we’re bored at work and don’t feel like working since it’s Friday. Plus we’re tired of the same old Oilers related stories, so we’re holding a vote… which Quinnulk is the best of the following pictures?

Quinnulk #1 - the new CG Quinnulk with pretty mad eyebrows

Quinnulk #1 - the new CG Quinnulk with pretty mad eyebrows

Quinnulk #2 - the original hulk, and actually green..

Quinnulk #2 - the original hulk, and actually green..

Quinnulk #3 - 80s TV show hulk, with evil eyes and some sort of face infection

Quinnulk #3 - 80s TV show hulk, with evil eyes and some sort of face infection

Which [Quinnulk] is the best?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

26 Responses to “Trying Quinn’s patience..”

1. RyanB says:

If #1 was green it’d win for sure but right now I’m leaning towards #2.

Personally, I’d say they are all garbage (except Quinzilla, which is fantastic). But, we open the challenge to anyone else that wants to do up a pic. I’ll even add the pic above and add to the poll.

On topic, was I the only person that felt Quinn was really really pissed off at his presser after the game?

4. Trogdor says:

Didn’t see the conference, but you can see the rage and helplessness building in his eyes. It’s only a matter of time before we hear “QUINN ANGRY!!! QUINN SMASH!!!”

oh, and mini-camp started today

and poo was out for the first drill

6. Horpensky says:

Quinn was mad at the presser after the Columbus game. Calling the team dumb can’t even justify it anymore.

I thought he started out by being pretty calm. He stayed at a very level tone until that one reporter decided to pull out a Quinn quote from his notebook. Even then, he didn’t sound too bad.

on sportsnet he seemed right pissed

I had to go with number #1, #2 is visually superior and overall more pretty, but those mad eyebrows put #1 over the top for me.

10. Samus says:

I think #3 has Leprosy.

11. Oil Dude says:

You know if it was just a bunch of young guys making mistakes Quinn might be calm all year but the veteran players on this team , I think are what are turning him into the Hulk.

Yah honestly… that’s just more and more reason to unload those guys.

18 games feels like too far away though, and sounds like Tambellini won’t make any moves until then, but we’ll see what he does.

13. neufab says:

I’ve gotta go with the original Hulk, Quinn looks good in green. Reminds me of my 1996 Christmas party when I went green… not fun… won’t mention the cause… some of you will know ;)

14. neufab says:

Racki: Yah honestly… that’s just more and more reason to unload those guys.

Even a trade for the sake of a trade couldn’t make matters worse at this point could it?

Hockey laypeople could see the weaknesses of this squad last year, in the offseason, and this season has just exposed it further…it’s fucking brutal.

Yah I don’t know… I think for some players the writing should already be on the wall. This 18-game stretch won’t really prove anything for those guys. And well, what if they do play good? Then what?

Someone mentioned on the OMB it could be about finding out who literally wants to be here for a re-build though, not so much who is good enough. So that changes things a bit. But there are guys that we can eliminate now that should be gone whether they like it here or not.

gr8one: If management hasn’t had enough “assessment time” already there is something seriously wrong with them.

My thoughts exactly. I think that what that one person on the OMB thought might be true to though. Not just who is good enough to play here, but who actually WANTS to stay here.. so by that thought, more players should be moved. Although I have my doubts on that…

Bostonoiler: I look at it this way. People are bitching and moaning that Tambi wants to use these next 18 games to asses, I say let him! I mean they went back to basis and these next 18 will say a lot about this team. Lets hope they find all the issues and begin to trade them and get rid of them so Eberle, Hall, Svensson and Omark can come in next season. YOUTH MOVEMENT FTW!

The only one I would personally consider at the moment bringing in next year to the Oilers roster is Magnus and maybe just maybe Eberle but that would be only if we were really desperate. For the rest I’d say they need some time in the ‘A’ before we even consider them. Or else we could potentially end up with Gagner v.2, Cogliano v.2, Nilsson v.2. Youth movement should come in a season or two.

20. Mr.Majestyk says:

If we went with a youth movement next season the way fans are suggesting with a second line of Eberle Hall Svensson we’ll be awful again, then people will start ranting and raving how our draft picks didn’t work out, we should have taken Fowler instead and on and on.

I agree with you guys. Both Eberle and MPS may play up here though. But they do both have the option of some AHL time. I know Jason Gregor of Team 1260 figures the AHL won’t be the right place for Eberle though, given he was a PPG player there last year. But maybe up here they can be split up and placed on 2nd/3rd line wings.

And people need to stop talking as though we’ve already got Taylor Hall on the team. Lots can happen in 38 games. I’m not saying we’ll make the playoffs, but the Oilers can very easily crawl out of 2nd last. Hell we’re not even in position right now to get Hall without the lottery win.

22. Trogdor says:

We can’t rely on Hall being our saviour. Even if we finish dead last we may not get him and as good as some of our up and coming talent look, they may fizzle in the big league. Perhaps post mini camp we’ll make a dramatic push and finish 2 points out of 8th. I know, horrible thing to say, but it is in the realm of possibility. We need to fix things, not hope for the future.

24. Mr.Majestyk says:

Racki: It’ll probably take a bit to fix things. Although when Pouliot, Nilsson and O’Sullivan become awesome stars, I’ll be the first to say I told you so, even though I didn’t actually tell you so.

Don’t forget about Schremp!

He’ll be a star in the german beer league ;) All jokes aside though, I was one of the folks backing him when he was here.. just wanted to see him get his shot. He got it with the Isles though and so far that isn’t looking so good, although he’s turning things around a bit recently… you never know.

Mr.Majestyk:
    Don’t forget about Schremp!

He’s got a 2 goal night so far.. he must’ve heard your support. :P