Monday Morning Standings

By , January 25, 2010 2:24 pm

Coles Notes of the standings...

So it has finally happened. Rock bottom. The dream of the Taylor Hall sweepstakes is slowly becoming a reality. That doesn’t mean he’s ours though. We aren’t even guaranteed a top 3 pick at this point in the season, but it certainly seems to be a strong indicator. Rumors abound about when and where Shelly may end up likely won’t do much for morale, so look forward to more of the same for the next little while!

Conference Standings

St Louis Blues 51 52
Tampa Bay Lightning 51 52
Columbus Blue Jackets 54 49
Toronto Maple Leafs 53 44
Carolina Hurricanes 51 39
Edmonton Oilers 50 38

In the pool, Racki is still first, while Steve-O and Trogdor leapfrogged upwards into 2nd and 3rd.

23 Responses to “Monday Morning Standings”

1. Trogdor says:

Sorry for the lack of an uplifting cute blonde, but that’s Steve-O’s department.

I couldn’t bring myself to sugarcoat this week’s standings…

I’m happy to still be clinging on to the top spot. Gr8one, credit to your wife for kicking some butt in the pool lately…. did you take over by any chance??? :P

My goalies did awesome that week, but so did hers.. two shutouts?! booo!

haha…no, I actually haven’t taken over, on the contrary, she is pretty adamant on not wanting any “help”.

and if recent records are any indication, she is pretty damned smart in not wanting my advice, I’ve nosedived pretty good as of late!

Well hey, give her my props. She used to be the free spot on the bingo card, but kicked some ass last week.

5. MetalOil says:

MetalOil: I wonder how much we have missed Comrie. For some reason it seemed that he was poised to have a good year for us(good preseason and beginning of reg season).Anyways lets not forget that sometimes it is not all that hard to work your way up from the bottom right back to respectability just as the Avs have this season. Don’t bank on it but it could happen especially with the revamped roster that is almost certain.

I actually was beginning to think I was the only one who saw his impact. He may not have a tonne of points in the games he played, but he honestly was one of very few players early in the year that looked like an NHLer. He makes linemates better as well too. I think him O’Sully and Stone had some good chemistry too and O’Sully probably would have had a better year had he been able to play with Comrie the whole time.

7. MetalOil says:

If you look back in our season it was at about the time that Comrie left the lineup that we began to nosedive in the standings.

Just saying??????

I also wonder if he is still in our plans next year???

MO, before he came here, I was full on with the Comrie hate. But when he was signed, I warmed to the idea (especially when I woke up and realized that things said were untrue). Now that I’ve seen him play here again, I really think he is exactly what the team needs. He’s small, yes. But that is actually a good thing in this case, because he can teach the smaller players a thing or two (by example) that the size is not a disadvantage. He’s also another guy who I think makes players better.

Call me odd, but I’ll be upset if he’s gone next year. He’s cheap and is earning his money better than much of the players on the team (well, when in the line up anyways).

I actually kept it quiet, but I’ve noticed his impact. I think between losing him, Hemsky, and Khabibulin, and Visnovsky for a bit, those have been the biggest impacts to the team this year. Call me delusional, but while I don’t think we’d be a playoff team, I think we’d be a lot higher in the standings if those 4 were in the lineup the whole year.

9. MetalOil says:

Plus as an added bonus we get to see Duff in attendance every so often :) It must have driven him nuts not being able to kiss her and do all types of dirty things to her for so long :)

HALL

MetalOil: Plus as an added bonus we get to see Duff in attendance every so often :)It must have driven him nuts not being able to kiss her and do all types of dirty things to her for so long :)

LOL! No kidding, he’s been out of it for a lonnnng time.

Yeah, Comrie seemed like the guy who actually made it possible for us to have some decent line combos and chemistry. I wouldn’t be opposed to him coming back next year, but I wonder if he would want to stay now. I think he would.

Yeah, I like Comrie, and certainly wouldn’t hate the idea of him returning next year.

Who, back in June or before, would have thought they’d be saying “yah I’d like to keep Comrie on this team”? :lol:

“Wait.. what’s this keep Comrie stuff??”

15. Puritania says:

Racki: Who, back in June or before, would have thought they’d be saying “yah I’d like to keep Comrie on this team”? “Wait.. what’s this keep Comrie stuff??”

lol no doubt. I’m a Comrie supporter now after all those years of hate. I too hope He is back and getting cheered again next year.

I’m just praying we can keep losing the rest of the season, knowing our luck they will go on a tear and pick up enough points to get out of top 5 pick contention.

17. Trogdor says:

I’m on the Comrie bandwagon! Don’t care about his impact, but the fact that he chose to sign with the Oil went a long way with me, even more so after the Heatly debacle.

A player who genuinely wanted to return to E-Town when other offers were on the table. We need more players like that who want to be here. Shame he got the “kissing disease”. I swear I didn’t give it to Duff, so I don’t know where he got it from…

Steve-O?

18. Puritania says:

Racki: ya i wouldn’t be happy to see that! I mean on one hand, I feel bad for the team. They’ve put in a lot of effort lately (with probably exclusion to the Colorado game, which I missed). Losing after that has got to be pretty tough on the psyche.

yeah I feel really bad for the players having to go through this shit season, I wonder if they feel bad for me?

I’ve come to the realization that there are no hockey gods, poor Edmonton a once glorious honorable and wonderful orginization has degenerated into a laughing stock of the league. While the most arrogant, ignorant and annoying fanbase in the league is having a great year yet again. Yes I’m talking about Vancouver.

I’m going off on a tangent here and I apologize but over the last few years I’ve come to the realization that I hate the canucks and their fans way, way more than the flames and their fanbase. Still a bit of a mindtrip for me.

19. Mr.Majestyk says:

Hey guys, can we start a magic number at some point for when we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs? I see we’re 20 points out now.

Trogdor: I’m on the Comrie bandwagon!Don’t care about his impact, but the fact that he chose to sign with the Oil went a long way with me, even more so after the Heatly debacle.A player who genuinely wanted to return to E-Town when other offers were on the table.We need more players like that who want to be here.Shame he got the “kissing disease”.I swear I didn’t give it to Duff, so I don’t know where he got it from…Steve-O?

Can you get mono from kissing a toilet? If so, then it is possible.

Mr.Majestyk: Hey guys, can we start a magic number at some point for when we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs?I see we’re 20 points out now.

Not to be negative, but that implies they actually have a hope in hell of making the playoffs :P At this point they’d probably have to go somewhere like 27-5 to make it in, so I’d say they’re logically eliminated, which works for me. ;)

21. Trogdor says:

Mr.Majestyk:

I guess if we were to concoct a formula it would look something like this:

IF (Oilers_Points + (Games_Remaining * 2)) < West_8th_Points THEN Oilers = Golfing

22. Mr.Majestyk says:

Racki: Can you get mono from kissing a toilet? If so, then it is possible.Not to be negative, but that implies they actually have a hope in hell of making the playoffs At this point they’d probably have to go somewhere like 27-5 to make it in, so I’d say they’re logically eliminated, which works for me.

27-5? Racki, why’d you have to go and say something like that…

And totally give me new hope we can make it!!:)

:lol: Cue the drive for 8!(th place)