By , January 18, 2010 10:00 am
GDT - Edmonton Oilers at Colorado Avalanche

GDT - Edmonton Oilers at Colorado Avalanche

The Oilers hope another epic skid in Colorado tonight. They are now 1-13-1 in their last 15. Absolutely horrid. However the last two games have started to look up for the team. A tough loss in Pittsburgh in which they played a very solid game until the Pens’ Stall line exploited some holes in the team, and a loss against the Sharks where it was just a clear case of being beaten by one of the league’s best teams. There’s not really many ways to positively spin this teams failures as of late, however things have slowly been turning around, it seems. It isn’t helping that this injury/flu bug has continued to hit.

As for the Avalanche, they are currently on a 3-game winning streak with wins over the Sabres, Flames and Devils. The Avalanche are 10-5-0 in the last 15 games.

I’m not so sure the Oilers can overcome this one. Pay Per Views are generally duds as well too, so I don’t predict a win tonight. My prediction tonight, both heart/brain, is 3-2 Avalanche.

PROJECTED LINE-UPS

Edmonton Oilers Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

(Based on last game’s line up.. I’m sure this will change)
Penner – Potulny – Nilsson
Jacques – Gagner – Cogliano
O’Sullivan – Horcoff – Pisani
Moreau – Pouliot – Stortini

Souray-Gilbert
Grebeshkov-Strudwick
Visnovsky-Smid

Deslauriers
Dubnyk

Colorado Avalanche Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

Wolski-Stastny-Stewart

19.3 PP% 17.3
75.8 PK% 81
28.6 S/G 26.3
31.7 SA/G 32.5
47 FO% 46.9

GAME NOTES

- Stone and Pisani were last minute scratches last game. Pisani had the flu.
- Pouliot has been recalled, so looks like he’ll probably draw in tonight. I’m guessing he’ll just slot in on line 4 where there were currently only 2 players.
- Will update the lines as I hear more.
- Update, Staios is out with concussion symptoms from a hit in the Sharks game where he was elbowed by Marleau on a near breakaway.

Will you order Oilers PPV any time for the remainder of this season?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

34 Responses to “GDT – Edmonton Oilers 0, Colorado Avalanche 6 – Jan 18, 2010 @ 7:00 PM – PPV – Game 48”

The poo-train is going to fuck shit up and carry this team to a victory

just you watch

We’ve got enough poo on the ice lately.

I say Doobie is gonna pull out a win for us tonight. Maybe I’ll catch some of this one online…

Sorry I have doobie as the starter currently, but don’t know if he really is starting.. haven’t had time to hunt for info yet.

5. HockeyNoob says:

Hey Racki, wow you’ve really stepped up your already cool pre-game graphics. Nicely done!

6. NorwegianOiler says:

Deslauriers starts, according to Quinn.

I actually think we have a good chance winning this one. Time to let their shoulders down, accept their position and play with less pressure – hopefully they can keep competitive throughout a stretch of games.

Pisani back in along with poo

HockeyNoob: Hey Racki, wow you’ve really stepped up your already cool pre-game graphics.Nicely done!

Thank you, sir!

Lines updated

10. OilerTyler says:

I was hoping to see Pouliot play with some better forwards, I still think he has potential

my shaw is out…goddamn it

if its still out while the game should be on i should call and complain and get a free ppv

Anyone remember Jesse Boulerice?

Well, that’s the only way I could really think of relating this story, you’ll see why after you watch the video. It’s a little disturbing, I forewarn you (convulsions on the ice).

Patrice Cormier laid a devastating blow to the head.

edited by racki.. just adding a youtube link since tsn can be a pain to watch on.

download sopcast…. spyware free.. the stream is good.

I have to go out though.

Anyways, JFJ just railroaded Wilson. It was from behind though. Jacques doesn’t slow down… lesson to all players: if you see him coming, don’t turn your back, stupid.

Anyways, im off… enjoy the game, folks… go Canes!

Racki: stortini vs. mcleod.. Stortini landed a few.. drew some blood from McLeod’s nose.

If you can’t beat ‘em, at least bloody ‘em…

LateNightOilFan:
    If you can’t beat ‘em, at least bloody ‘em…

Can’t agree with you more. Lets go out with a physical bang. I wouldn’t care as much if the Oilers lost but still played extremely gritty and it was a fight fest every night.

And my comp picked up something with that Sopcast, or whatever it was called Racki, could have been the host though. Just be careful everyone if you choose that route, scan the file before opening at least.

Bah – Ladi’s gaze to the heavens said it all. 3-0.

C’mon Oilers, just get one goal!

These Avs announcers are driving me crazy…

Steve-O: Pisani back in along with poo

Indeed, piss and poo are all over the ice.

what a shit show

this is embarrassing for even a last place team

I’ve never turned an Oiler game off in my life – but I can’t bear to listen to the raving fan, non-calling of the play, Avs announcers or watch the 6-0 destruction anymore.

Break Anderson’s shutout boys, that’s all I ask. He’s got a shutout going. Break it please.

Anderson’s got a shutout, shutout, shutout, shutout, shutout, shutout.

did someone say shutout?

gr8one: did someone say shutout?

Well I tried…sigh. Good night!

LateNightOilFan:
    Well I tried…sigh.Good night!

heh…yeah…mine was a try too, I henestly thought they’d get one when I said that, now it just kinda looks jerky.

26. OilerTyler says:

I was feeling pretty sad after the Oilers game

But then I turned on the Flames game, this is great!

27. DropIt says:

Alberta teams lose 15-1 tonight…

DropIt: Alberta teams lose 15-1 tonight…This just in, Calgary looking to shop Regehr to Pheonix for their 1st back, and are ready to compete with Edmonton for the ‘Fall for Hall’

Wow, Calgary lost 9-1 too? Yikes. Well I guess I don’t feel so bad about our loss. :P Especially vs. San Jose.

And sorry, you have a long ways to catch up to the Oilers who are currently in a “Catastrophic Meltdown of Epic Proportions for Hall”

I say at best the Oilers will finish around 65 points. So unless Calgary looses all but four games then they could consider themselves for contention for Hall. Otherwise at worse Calgary will finish like Edmonton like the last few years. But I’m pretty confident they’ll make it to the playoffs, well the first round. :P

30. DropIt says:

they way we have been playing lately, Calgary will be so far out of playoffs, Daryll’s head will spin.

a defenseman needs to be moved for a goal scorer/playmaker

31. Trogdor says:

Move someone from defence? After last night they might think about shoring up… Not sure what their issues have been of late as I don’t follow them too closely, but sounds like goal production is down.

If you guys figure it out, let us know what you did!

I’d be just as concerned about allowing 10 goals as I would be at only scoring 1 goal. Not good. But from we sit, we aren’t ones to criticize. :P

9-1 makes me feel better