Missed the last game vs. the Coyotes, as I’m sure many of you did since it was PPV and Team Canada was on. However, we are currently 1-9-1 in the last 11. The Blue Jackets are 1-8-2 in that same time frame (1-13-2 in their last 16.. wow.. thought we had it bad), so it should be the battle of the titans tonight.
Steve-O and I will be heading to the game tonight courtesy of free tickets I won from work.. yay! Anyways, I sure as hell hope they win so I can at least enjoy being at the game. I’ve had some rotten luck there this year, like many others. Both the heart and brain are predicting a win tonight though.
Brain prediction: 4-3 Oilers
Heart prediction: 7-3 Oilers
Edmonton Oilers Projected Line-Up (subject to change)
Penner – Horcoff – Nilsson
Stone – Gagner- Pisani
Brule – Potulny – O’Sullivan
Moreau – Cogliano – Stortini
Souray – Gilbert
Grebeshkov – Strudwick
Smid – Staios/Visnovsky
Columbus Blue Jackets Projected Line-Up (subject to change)
(Lines swindled from Low On Oil)
Huselius – Umberger – Nash
Brassard – Vermette – Vorracek
Modin – Pahsson – Clark
Murray – Mackenzie – Boll
Hejda – Roy
Stralman – Tyutin
Russel – Jurcina
- Steve Staios, Ryan Stone and Jean-Francois Jacques were absent from Wednesday’s practice. Staios was nursing an injury. According to Quinn he “got wacked last night and today he went to be medically checked”. I think that’s 1920′s old man talk for “he blocked a shot and got hit on the inside of the knee” (per Tencer’s twitter, live during the game.. 1 of 10 people watching Tuesday night). Jacques has a wrist injury, but Quinn says that’s not why he was scratched on Tuesday. Stone’s injury is a minory knee injury. He had the day off for precautionary reasons. Staios is questionable for Thursday.
- Nilsson also took a stick in the eye on practice Wednesday, but seems to be OK.
- The good news is, Visnovsky could be ready as early as tomorrow. So if Staios is out, Visnovsky may be in, if he’s good to go. But if it’s not tomorrow, sounds like it could be soon. Quinn said he had a good skate on Wednesday morning.
- According to Tencer and the Oilers twitter, Dubnyk gets the start tonight.
First Period Summary
- 16:40 Columbus. RJ Umberger (Huselius,Nash)
- 16:59 Edmonton. Pisani (unassisted)
- Missed most of the first…
- 1 penalty to O’Sully.
- Pisani scores first goal of the season.
Second Period Summary
- 18:43 Columbus. Vermette (Torres, Voracek)
- Souray hit the crossbar.
- Oilers with a brief 2 man adavantage. (zip, zero, nada…)
- Late goal by the Jackets…
Third Period Summary
- 01:36 Edmonton. Ganger (Grebeshkov, Stone)
- 03:36 Columbus. Huselius PP (Umberger)
- 11:21 Columbus. Hejda (Pahlsson, Roy)
- Oilers tie it up with an early goal by Gagner.
- Columbus responds minutes later with a PP goal. Courtesy of Staios for interference
- Stone called for holding.
- Shortly after killing the penalty, Columbus score to go up by 2.
- Late PP opportunity for the Oil. Few shots, no goals
- Even later PP (35 secs to go) after some more energetic play. No goal…
62 Responses to “GDT – Edmonton Oilers 2, Columbus Blue Jackets 4 – Jan 7, 2010 @ 7:00 PM – SNET – Game 44”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.