Ducks inquire about Moreau availability…

By , January 14, 2010 11:39 am
If you only knew, lady... but he was legendary once..

If you only knew, lady... but he was legendary once..

This is the most exciting news I’ve heard since I was pranked into thinking that Chris Pronger was traded back to Edmonton.

Seriously though, I hope Tambellini jumps at this opportunity.

Here is the excerpt from Oilers Nation, by Jason Gregor of the Team 1260:

The Anaheim Ducks have inquired about Ethan Moreau. They have won five straight and are only four points behind the 8th place Kings. The Ducks have room to add Moreau’s salary which today would roughly be an $860,000 cap hit. It isn’t imminent but the Ducks have made some calls.

Really, send us your 7th round pick, and it’s a done deal (in my eyes). However I think Tambelli will try to get better value and the Ducks might bite a bit.

20 Responses to “Ducks inquire about Moreau availability…”

1. RyanB says:

Anything we could get in return would be worth it.

If a deal can be done I will drive Moreau to the airport myself just to make sure he gets on the plane.

I used to love Moreau, but he’s gotta go, and let the door hit his ass on the way out for all I care.

I wonder if Moreau will say “That’s a stupid trade.. I don’t even care who they’re getting back” if he, himself, gets traded. :P

4. neufab says:

If this isn’t going to happen then it’s a pretty mean thing to do to Oiler fans. There’s only so much false hope a guy can take ;)

Hope it’s official by the end of the week.

5. Smokin' Ray says:

WOOoooOOoOoOoOoO!!!!

Please take the deal Tambo.

Yah I wouldn’t get your hopes up, but I sure as heck hope they hammer something out. Moreau isn’t doing this team any favors right now, but he may be of use elsewhere.

I know eklund was talking about the Oilers getting Halak. they get Halak for Cogs and a pick and get that goalie of the future, and open a spot for Eberle. as for Moreau I’d try hard to get Nick Boynton from them. He would help be a shutdown guy next season. That or try and get a good prospect.

8. MetalOil says:

Wrong thread

10. MetalOil says:

Racki: That would be nice to see! I’ll still be cheering the team on. I still watch each game with hopes of seeing the Oil play a good game, however the high pick prevents me from being at all upset by losses these days.

Hey we don’t have to lose every game to get our best shot at Taylor Tyler or Cam and the next win will be one that is a long time coming. We are due LOL.

11. HockeyNoob says:

I’ll take future considerations, a bag of pucks, or pretty much anything to send Moreau to Anaheim.

12. dawgtoy says:

Obviously one of the many salaries the Oilers would like to rid themselves of. I have nothing bad to say about Moreau, I’d wish him well elsewhere, but a rebuild is required and a captain he is NOT.

13. neufab says:

Moreau would fit right in, they’re 7th in penalty minutes, Moreau could really help the Ducks get closer to the top of the league in that category. Is there any other Oiler that takes as many penalties late in a game?

Oh well, as long as their not dead last by a lot, (1 pt is good) and they actually ice a good team in the next couple of years, then so what if this year is a write off. I just want them to score some goals, 6-7 games the rest of the way is fine by me.

Bostonoiler: I know Eklund Twatwaffle Twatwaffle was talking about the Oilers getting Halak. they get Halak for Cogs and a pick and get that goalie of the future, and open a spot for Eberle. as for Moreau I’d try hard to get Nick Boynton from them. He would help be a shutdown guy next season. That or try and get a good prospect.

Does anything Eklund Twatwaffle ever says make sense? Cogliano for Halak? Come on…. Sorry, I can understand people saying to move Cogliano (OK, I actually can’t), but goaltenders are going for a bag of pucks these days. We don’t need to send Cogliano. That’s overpayment.

Racki: You think tambi is gonna do anything? Trades or anything?

Racki:
    Does anything Eklund Twatwaffle Twatwaffle ever says make sense? Cogliano for Halak? Come on…. Sorry, I can understand people saying to move Cogliano (OK, I actually can’t), but goaltenders are going for a bag of pucks these days. We don’t need to send Cogliano. That’s overpayment.Also, every indication out of Tambellini seems to be that no help is coming in net… in the NHL, at least.

Still not as bad as a comment on TSN. A fan stated trading Souray and our first round pick over for Schnider sp*. That kind of thing is quite annoying.

zackman35:

Really? Wow… brutal.. I guess that’s a Canuck fan for you. They generally seem to think that their players are 10x more valuable than they really are, even though Schneider has been kicked around lately and is FORTY.

Racki:

Oh no no Racki, they meant Cory Schneider, which at least makes it a better deal. We could probably claim the other Schnieder off waivers I guess if we really wanted to but it’d be a waste.

I would rather wait to see Doobie reach his full potential though. And I really hope he gets the start in the Dallas game I’m going to next friday because I want to start a ‘Doobie’ chant.

Oh lol.. that’s definite;y an improvement, however still no, not worth it. Very big overpayment still. Goalies don’t fetch anything these days.

This would make my month. I hate this guy now.