WJHC GDT – Canada 6 Switzerland 0 – Dec. 28, 2009 @ 2:00PM – Game 2

By , December 28, 2009 10:46 am
GDT: World Junior Hockey Championships - Canada vs. Switzerland

GDT: World Junior Hockey Championships - Canada vs. Switzerland

Alright, game 2. This is another one that should be an easy win, but it’s never smart to write a team off before playing them. From what I recall, the Swiss generally play a tight defensive game as well. So the score may be fairly close. Canada has played one game thus far, a 16-0 drubbing over Latvia. The Swiss fell 3-0 to the Americans.

Don’t forget about the Battle Of Alberta GDT, one post lower.

POST-GAME RANT

Just a quick post game rant. I watched the game, and Jordan Eberle played fantastic. Apparently I’m not the only one that thought so. Despite teammate Brandon McMillan recording the hat trick, Eberle won player of the game! Eberle finished the game with 1 goal, 4 assists, and was +2. Congrats Jordan!

29 Responses to “WJHC GDT – Canada 6 Switzerland 0 – Dec. 28, 2009 @ 2:00PM – Game 2”

while it is interesting to know that latvia’s record is 0 and 1, but i would also find it interesting to know what the swiss record is

Good question… jackass. :P *loads up photoshop*

also 0-1-0 btw

3. MetalOil says:

If there is any hope for the Oils future then it is in our Prospects playing in this tourney. MPS & Lander are off to good starts for the Swedes, Eberle is doing fine. Not to sure how Rajala is fairing but its apperant that the oil do have some pieces to buid with playing in this tourney and just maybe we can add Taylor to the list with a little luck.

Another assist for Eberle… 2-0 Canada.

oh man, I don’t know if any of you are watching, but i’m not sure how the puck stayed out there… Hall and someone else robbed

I don’t know how the puck is staying out of that swiss net, it’s nuts we only have 2 goals so far.

I’m pretty sure there is an invisible force field up.

heh, or saran wrap.

you hear about that Caps/CBJ trade?

Jurcina and Clark for Chimera.

seems kind of odd the Caps would trade their captain with the success they’re having…if only we could get rid of our capatin.

Yup, there is a small bit of talk about it in the General Discussion section.

To me it’s also proof that trades can still happen.

Perhaps this trade was made so that Ovi could become captain there.

Eberle scores to make it 4-0, on a tipped point shot. 1 goal and 2 assists so far.

ohhh shitttt.. nice set up Eberle! 4th point of the game on a beauty pass to set up McMillan. 5-0 Canada.

14. Horpensky says:

Damn another sweet pass from Eberle. Granted the Swiss were standing around like pylons

15. MetalOil says:

Racki: I watched Rajala yesterday, I think it was. He looked decent. Hartikainen looked better though. That guy seems to be a pretty hard working player that isn’t afraid to get dirty. Rajala showed some good speed though and skill with the puck. But damn is he small!Eberle just got an assist, I believe. I still think Eberle is our top prospect at the WJHCs. He’s playing on a damn good team, so it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle, however that hasn’t happened yet.

1 goal 3 assists so far for Ebs. Safe to say that Eberle is without a doubt our best prospect!!! He reminds me of Joe Sackic.

MetalOil:

17. MetalOil says:

OILER PROSPECT TRIVIA.

Hint: Check the back of your 10 greatest Oiler games DVD.

18. MetalOil says:

gr8one:
    yeah, he’s definitely up there, although I’d say MPS would be right there with him.what do you all think of those green uni’s? once I got used to actually watching the correct team, I actually like the green.

It makes me think that it is St. Paddy’s day or earth day or somethin. But ya they do not look too bad.

I’m still a little unsure on MPS. I watched the Swedes annihilate the Czechs. He looked good, but was far from the best player on the ice that game. I’m skeptical although hopeful on him.

Weird to see CAN in green.

I presume the jerseys are a tribute to the Rough Riders. But all things considered, they do look good.

22. MetalOil says:

LateNightOilFan: Weird to see CAN in green.

MetalOil: OILER PROSPECT TRIVIA.Jordan Eberle was born on May 15th 1990. Why is this date significant to Oiler fans?Hint: Check the back of your 10 greatest Oiler games DVD.

May 15, 1990 – Edmonton 3 Boston 2
    In one of the longest games in Stanley Cup Finals history, Petr Klima scores with 4:47 left in the third overtime to give Edmonton the victory in Game 1.

gotta love google. heh

Woooo.. trivia… well, I recognize the year as the last cup win for the Oilers. However, wiki tells me that was also the longest OT game in SCF history. Didn’t know that. Knew Klima scored the OT winner (how can you forget!), but didn’t realize it was still longest standing OT for a Stanley Cup Final.

Anyways, was one of those answers correct? :lol:

edit: damn, gr8one buzzes in first.. hah

MetalOil: It must have somthing to do with it being in Saskatchewan this year. I just hope they do not get caught with too many men at a pivotal time in the gold medal game.

Ha ha! Yes I do recall reading something about that it is a tribute to the Rough Riders. Just is strange seeing the Cdns in that colour – but at least it’s a nice green and thankfully there is no red other than the logo, otherwise they’d be looking like Christmas Elves a la the Wild.

This Swiss goalie is hanging in tough!

26. MetalOil says:

yep Game 1 of the !990 SCF’S Peter Klima scores in triple OT vs the Bruins on his first shift of OT to send the Oilers on there way to their 5th Cup title. Remember it like it was yesterday as this was the First NHL Game that I ever watched in my Life :)

Eberle +2, with 1G 4A in a 6-0 win…

edit: fixed.. oops, forgot 3 times he was on the ice for goals it was for PP’s.

Wow, Jordan Eberle gets player of the game!

I thought it would be McMillan. But Eberle definitely deserved it too

*- updated this post because Eberle was credited with 1G and 4A, not 3 assists. I guess they were making up for one of his other assists that he was robbed of (in game 1), because he didn’t really assist the last goal (well, he was the “3rd” assist).