Happy Holidays…

By , December 24, 2009 9:20 am
You know you do..

You know you do..

Happy holidays to all. We’ll be off enjoying/enduring our own Christmas activities the next couple of days (although maybe posting here and there). But we’ll return full time on boxing day with two game day threads: Canada vs. Latvia (1:30pm start) and Edmonton at Vancouver (8:00 start). Until then, may the eggnog be well spiked, especially if you’re spending Christmas with the extended family / in-laws!

- Racki, Trogdor and Steve-O

UPDATE:
One of my favorite parts about this season… here is my Christmas wishlist for the Oilers:

Patrick O’Sullivan – a brand new stick that aims an inch lower and to the right.
Sam Gagner – a box of Just For Men.
Andrew Cogliano – a better set of linemates (unless he continues to play with Gagner).
Ethan Moreau – 2003/04 back.
Ales Hemsky – a new shoulder.
Shawn Horcoff – a new shoulder and respect.
Fernando Pisani – a break, since he’s had so much trouble buying one.
Robert Nilsson – consistency.
Steve Staios – respect, some reinforced shin pads and an autographed picture of his for Alex Ovechkin.
Sheldon Souray – a make-up bag.
Nikolai Khabibulin and J.F. Jacques – a shipment of Robaxacet.
Zack Stortini – a new nickname other than Huggy Bear.
Marc Pouliot – a new nickname other than Poo, Stortini’s ability to resist injury, and a Penner-like career turnaround.
Mike Comrie – a stronger immune system and an apology letter from all the fans.
Dustin Penner – an apology letter from all the fans.
Gilbert Brule, Ryan Potulny and Ryan Stone – a new contract, but one that doesn’t demand unreachable expectations.
Tom Gilbert – body checking lessons.
Denis Grebeshkov – 2008/09 back.
Lubomir Visnovsky – whatever he wants.
Ladislav Smid – a pat on the back for a job well done.
Devan Dubnyk – Deslauriers’ ability to cover the bottom of the net.
Jeff Deslauriers – Dubnyk’s ability to cover the top of the net.
The coaching staff – Several bottles of whiskey.
Management – cap relief, and a list of new excuses for not making any moves.
Dany Heatley – a thank you letter for refusing the trade.
Craig MacTavish – his own book deal.

Feel free to write your own in the comment section ;)

18 Responses to “Happy Holidays…”

Happy Holidays everyone. Should be a fun time here as two of my younger brothers still ‘believe’. Even though I signed for half the packages coming for them lol. Anyway again Happy Holidays and enjoy two days which we don’t have to think Oilers hockey lol

you forgot about poo (who needs a year without injury) …but i like the mac t one

3. neufab says:

Pouliot: A Nilsson like return to the line-up as his junior league talent comes into form in the NHL, and an Iron Man suite.

haha, I love Doobie’s and JDD’s.

Merry Christmas All!

There, Poo has been added, after Stortini

oh yeah, btw…add a keeper vote for Stone for me plz.

There are a few guys that I’d keep:
    Gagner, Hemsky, Stone, Stortini, Eberle, Penner, Brule, Gilbert, Peckham, Chorney, JDD, Cogliano, Nilsson(Hes won me over for now), Gilbert

Hopefully Hall/ Seguin too.

Penner-Gagner-Hemsky
    Eberle-Brule-Hall/ Seguin
    Cogliano-Horcoff-Stone
    Stortini-Nilsson-O’Sullivan
    Potulny/ JFJ

Vishnovsky-Smid
    Souray-Gilbert
    Peckham-Chorney

Lead us to greatness (I wish)

gr8one: added it in for you, thanks.

9. Hockey Noob says:

Happy Holidays everyone at the Puttin’ On The Foil blog!

A great Christmas for us today. Lots of family and friends and good food with games too. Hope you all had a wonderfull day as well!!

11. OilerTyler says:

Merry Christmas everyone!

I had the best Christmas dinner today, and I was sporting my brand new Lubomir Visnovsky jersey while eating it =P

My day was made pretty good. Got a lot of Xbox stuff (hit me up online Call of duty and NHL10), some headphones nothing fancy. I did get the white Oilers road jersey. I went blank on the back, because i got the hemsky copper and blue, and hemsky orange and blue, and didn’t want another hemmer haha. Plus they were out of penner jerseys. (btw the flyers winter classic jerseys are very nice, my bro got a gagne one and they re nicer than i thought) Hope everyone enjoyed their time with family and friends the past two days. Truly goes by way too fast.

I have asked for the retro Oilers jersey 2 years running, but struck out. lol So I think I’ll just buy it myself. Got quite the jersey collection going now though.

edit: (if it sounds like I’m ungrateful for what I’m got, I’m not… got some good stuff! And for me it’s about the kids anyways.)

Happy belated Christmas wishes to everyone! I haven’t been able to access the site since the 23rd! Sounds like everyone had a great holiday. After tonight ours is officially complete as far as gift giving and turkey dinners are concerned, with the in-laws over to the house on Christmas Day and my family over to the house today. Boxing Day was reserved for sleeping and lazing around the house.

All the best to everyone for the New Year!

Racki: Hey LNOF! Welcome back and Merry Christmas to you too. Watching the World Juniors at all?

Hey – watched CAN vs LAT yesterday – nice! I gotta admire the Latvians for making the top division and their fans are pretty cool based on my experience at the Worlds in Hfx, but let’s bring on the real competition now.

Please disregard the PM I sent you through the OMB Racki, everytime I tried to get to your site the last couple of days the link was broken but it’s working now.

Ok, odd.. did it give you any message?

Also, I never got a message from you on OMB (at least, I’m not seeing it, if I did get it)

I have had to ban some IPs here.. and I fear that maybe one day I’d ban someone unintentionally that should be coming here (because IPs do get recycled). It’s unlikely, but it could happen.

If that ever happens to anyone in the future, definitely message me on OMB and let me know what error you’re getting.

Glad to hear that it’s working though now.