Last night a few beers after work turned into an official shit-show, so my head hurts and I’m not feeling 100% so I’ll leave the rest up to Racki and his fancy-schmancy stats.
Oh and its a PPV which sucks. Oilers win but Quinn still hates on O’Sullivan.
Edmonton Oilers Projected Line-Up (subject to change)
Nashville Predators Projected Line-Up (subject to change)
- Like Steve-O said, Quinn hates O’Sullivan (according to everyone on the internet anyways).
- Moreau is questionable for tonight (sick). If he doesn’t play, Strudwick will take his place on forward.
1ST PERIOD SUMMARY
3:05 – EDM – PP – Nilsson from Visnovsky, Deslauriers
Visnovsky passes to Nilsson at center ice and he skates into the zone at full speed through the defence. He skates in close and wrists one in past the blocker side.
5:01 – EDM – Visnovsky from Brule, Penner
The Oil break out of the zone and rush into the Preds zone. Penner carries it into the zone down the left side and throws a pass out front to Brule, who gets a shot off on Rinne. It bounces off a Predator to the slot where Visnovsky is pinching in, and he puts it away.
12:13 – NSH – Jones from Belak
Visnovsky loses a battle to Jones. Belak picks up the puck to the side of the net and puts it on net. The rebound is laying out front for Jones who just stuffs it in.
16:09 – NSH – Ward from Legwand, Suter
The top Predators rush into the zone. A shot on goal comes out to Ward in the slot. Deslauriers is out challenging too far, and Ward steps to the side and puts it in around him.
16:59 – Goc from Dumont, Hornqvist
Dumont brings the puck out from behind the net and fires it cross-crease over to Dumont who puts it upstairs behind Deslauriers from in tight.
- The Predators switch goalies to Ellis after Visnovsky makes it 2-0.
- The Preds’ top line puts pressure on the Oilers, however Deslauriers makes some big saves to keep the puck out.
- Smid, battling like a titan in front of the net, taking no prisoners, pushing bodies out of the crease.
- The timeout and goalie change drastically swung the momentum. The Oilers were dominating early on, but in the last half of the period it turned out to be all Nashville.
2ND PERIOD SUMMARY
8:18 – NSH – Hornqvist from Arnott, Dumont
The Oilers make a brutal line change and get caught. Arnott skates in and gives and goes with Dumont. Arnott gets it back down low and fires it across the crease to Hornqvist who easily puts it into the open cage as Deslauriers is sprawling to make the save.
14:10 – EDM – PP – Nilsson from Horcoff, Souray
Wow, this was Hemsky-esque. Nilsson prevents a turnover in the neutral zone and chips the puck into the Preds zone. He hussles in and picks up the puck near the circle. He skates in and puts on a nice move to deke around Ellis and put it in the net, flying Bobby Orr style.
19:56 – NSH – PP – Hornqvist from Suter, Erat
Suter shoots it from the point as Hornqvist is skating through the front of the net, unimpeded. He tips the shot down past Deslaurier’s glove.
- Boullion rips a blast from the point that gets through traffic and rings off the post.
- Penner has his stick slashed in half while on the powerplay. He screams at the ref, who was right there and doesn’t call it. He takes the number though and roughs the culprit up along the boards.
- Oilers get an 18 second 5 on 3. The Oilers lose the draw on this play, killing off almost the entire chance.
- Bad penalty call to Penner. This is what I call a make up call. As in, the ref made up that call because he’s pissed that Penner lipped him off for missing 2 calls against him earlier in the game. Penner was trying to get into the zone and gets interfered with and tries to push the player out of the way but gets called for holding. Could easily have been called interference the other way.
3RD PERIOD SUMMARY
19:17 – NSH – Smithson from Legwand, Ward
Legwand passes it off to a streaking Smithson who gets behind the defence and beats Deslauriers.
- Grebeshkov fans on a breakout pass right in front of Deslauriers with a Predator breathing down his neck, but Deslauriers jumps on the loose puck right away.
- Good kill by the Oil on a Staios penalty, even getting a chance shorthanded and earning a faceoff in the Preds’ end.
- O’Sullivan carries the puck down the left boards into the Predators zone and circles across at the goal line and throws it out front. Brule gets a shot off, but Ellis makes the save.
- Grebeshkov throws a pass cross-seam on a platter to Nilsson who blasts a one-timer that Ellis handles well.
- Souray breaks another pane of glass with a slapshot. That’s at least 3 this year.
- The lines were juggled this period, Gagner dropped to the bottom line with Jacques, O’Sullivan moved up with Horcoff and Brule. Nilsson bumped up to play with Penner and Potulny. Stortini played with Moreau and Cogs briefly. I’ve lost track of the changes, however, from this point.
- O’Sullivan makes a perfect pass from the corner right across the crease to Potunly on the side of the net, but his one timer is shot just wide.
- Deslauriers stops Sullivan on a breakaway with just under 2 minutes left in the third.
- The Oilers catch a break with Deslauriers pulled as Smithson shoots it into the open net, but Legwand was a stride offside on the play.
If Pat Quinn was “angry” last game, he’s going to be infuriated tonight. The Oilers played good hockey in one zone tonight. Great offensive performances by Robert Nilsson, Ryan Potulny and perhaps Patrick O’Sullivan at times were marred by some really sloppy play in the other end of the rink. Can’t wait to hear the interview…
97 Responses to “GDT – Edmonton Oilers 3, Nashville Predators 6 – Dec 17, 2009@7:30PM – PPV (Boo) – Game 34”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.