Cornet and Roy cut from Team Canada, Eberle makes the cut

By , December 16, 2009 9:46 am

Philippe Cornet and Olivier Roy were announced as cuts from Team Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championships. The final cuts have been made, so as expected, Jordan Eberle has made the team. Read more on TSN.

8 Responses to “Cornet and Roy cut from Team Canada, Eberle makes the cut”

I had hopes of Cornet making the team, but I’m not surprised Roy was cut. I was also surprised Cornet was even in the running to make the team, when he was initially named.

Guess I will get to see Roy after all Dec 30 vs the Mooseheads. Oh well, he’s pretty young, hopefully will make the roster next year. I don’t know a whole lot about Cornet. Looking forward to watching Eberle though.

In other news, Mike Comrie took to the ice before the Oilers practice (just a few minutes ago).

As per: http://twitter.com/Oilers_Travels

4. Horpensky says:

Damn I was hoping Roy woulda made it… so that means we got the Taylor Hall Spitfire’s for the 1st line, and Eberle/Kadri on the 2nd.

I think Roy is probably still quite raw right now, and that might be a polite way of putting it.

Both guys were bubble guys, but I’m happy they got invited and now see what it takes to be at the next level. They’re both going to be quality guys and I’m happy we have them. I know they are likely upset, and that’s natural, but hopefully they think on it and go back to their teams and tear it up.

That Windsor line plus Eberle and Kadri meant that Cornet was in tough and the goaltending is always extremely tough. They will be on the team next year I hope.

7. DropIt says:

Looks to be a hell of a team in the making. Can’t wait to watch Greg Neimsz personally.

8. Puritania says:

Grats to Ebs for makin the team, Here’s hoping Kadri and him rip it up. Nothing says the holidays like world juniors!