Tuesday Morning (Afternoon) Standings

By , November 3, 2009 1:11 pm
Picture Racki sent to his boss to explain the absences

Picture Racki sent to his boss to explain the absences

Considering that Racki is super sick right now I guess someone has got to hold down the fort and try to match the prolific posting that he does.  Stories Edmonton-wise are either not interesting however, or lame.  Like we suck, Horcoff is out, Peckham was sent back down etc etc.  I suppose those are all valid topics for discussion as well.

I wanted to do this weekly on Monday mornings, even though it has no real value now it will get more and more interesting as the season goes on (or less and less depending on who you cheer for).

But Mondays still suck at work right now, so here it is again on Tuesday.  And I missed last week. Oh well.

Conference Standings

St Louis Blues

Anaheim Ducks

Minnesota Wild

Florida Panthers

Carolina Hurricanes

Toronto Maple Leafs

And in the pool its Racki, Trogdor and myself at #2, #3 and #5 respectively.  Gr8one is rocking #1.

16 Responses to “Tuesday Morning (Afternoon) Standings”

1. Horpensky says:

Well like you said nothing exciting going on the Oilers front but tons of things going on around the league. Like injuries. How about the Canucks, who are almost as hurt as we are? Recently added to their long list is Graber, who joins Demitra, Hansen, Sedin, Wellwood, Johnson, Luongo, and Buldoc.

Meanwhile the Flames are practically unscathed, which makes me angry. They jumped the long cue lines in Calgary to get the flu shots. boooo.

A neat article based on injuries.

Good to hear that the Flames players managed to get all their flu shots in. Interesting.

I’m pretty sure Trogdor has something in the works about that

5. Hockey Noob says:

Hey everyone, yeah it’s been a pretty bad stretch not only in terms of losing, but allowing bad goals against. On top of that, watching games (PPV) where the Oilers can’t score makes it even worse.

I tore my medial meniscus (just like Ryan Stone) and I was out for months. I am surprised at his expected return date, but unlike me he got immediate surgery.

Well, hopefully things get better when we at least have some healthier players (from the flu).

6. DropIt says:

DropIt: Well we would wait in line with everyone else if the Oilers wouldn’t put walking viruses out there (Comrie) :P

only reason he was put out there is we had to wait for the vaccine like regular people…our players actually care about kids and pregnant women

In fact, I believe Mike Comrie got sick because he was donating his time, giving vaccinations to pregnant women…. yah, something along those lines.

9. DropIt says:

So Comrie is a nurse now? I bet Duff thinks that’s hot

10. OilerTyler says:

11. Horpensky says:

And apparently its not only the Flames that got the shot, the Leafs admit to it too.

I would expect as much from those dirty Leafs! :P

14. DropIt says:

OilerTyler: A few weeks ago I said the Flames were easily the luckiest team in the NHL, because they never get injured and things just always seem to go their way. Well, tonight they beat the Dallas Stars because the refs called a phantom penalty on Dallas in overtime, giving Calgary the powerplay. They are just so lucky, its unbelievable

So Calgary is the only team that gets bad calls to go their way? Thats a pretty rediculous statement… They likely would have won anyways.

15. DropIt says:

Horpensky: Kipper’s got the flu lol, it would be ironic if it starts spreading and Bouwmeester and Phaneuf and Regher and Bourque can’t play… that would be karma

lol. that is pretty ironic isn’t it.

They were suspecting that Kipprusoff was one of few players who didnt get the shot.

Nice to see we have thirteen teams to beat to get the first overall pick. Man are we needing a change of direction fast!

On the Flames thing, I think it’s crap that the Alberta Health person got fired. Doctors have been getting private supplies for months. I bet half the teams in the NHL are vaccinated.

My doctor had his own supply to give to his high risk patients and team physicians have the same ability to get the vaccine ahead of time. This has always been the way it works. It’s just because of the public outrage of our government’s suckage that this happened. People love to rag on millionaire athletes in hard times. The Flames did nothing wrong in my opinion.