GDT – Oilers 4, Sharks 5 (SO) – Nov 27, 2009 @ 7:30PM – SNET – Game 26

By , November 27, 2009 9:41 am
GDT - Edmonton Oilers vs. San Jose Sharks

GDT - Edmonton Oilers vs. San Jose Sharks

Well here it is folks, the moment we’ve been waiting for – Heatley’s first game in Edmonton since he nixed the trade. The Oilers are coming off a poor showing versus the Kings on Wednesday – a 3-1 loss on home ice. The Sharks are also coming off a loss, having been hammered 7-2 by the Chicago Blackhawks in Marian Hossa’s 2009/10 season debut.

Since the failed trade, Dustin Penner has shown great success this season with a surprising 26 points in 25 games. Ladislav Smid has also been fantastic this year, having grown into a very reliable two-way defenseman. Andrew Cogliano has struggled a bit this season, but he also hasn’t been given much of a chance, spending most of the season in the bottom six. Meanwhile, Dany Heatley has 33 points in 26 games, with Joe Thornton serving up fat pucks on a platter for him on the top line. Whether the Oilers are better off without Heatley remains to be seen, but so far I’d say I’m pretty happy that deal never happened.

So two teams coming off horrible losses.. who bounces back? The way the Oilers have playing, my guess would be the sharks. But I’m hoping that the trade-bait players (Heatley excluded) want to prove that the trade should not have been made to begin with. Is that going to be enough for the Oil, sans-Hemsky?

PROJECTED LINE-UPS

Edmonton Oilers Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

Penner Gagner Brule
Jacques Horcoff O’Sullivan
Moreau Potulny Cogliano
McDonald O’marra Stortini

Smid-Visnovsky
Souray-Staios
Strudwick-Gilbert

Deslauriers
Doobie

San Jose Sharks Projected Line-Up (subject to change)

Heatley-Thornton-Marleau

25 PP% 21.2
85.3 PK% 79.6
30.5 S/G 26.7
30.5 SA/G 32.7
56.4 FO% 46.8

GAME NOTES

- no Hemsky today… he is out indefinitely with an “upper body injury”. He had an MRI yesterday, but the Oilers haven’t received the results yet.
- UPDATE ON HEMSKY: As per Robin Brownlee: “I’m hearing that Ales Hemsky will need surgery and is likely done for the rest of the season. No official word from the Oilers yet.” VIA Tencer: Word starting to circulate that Hemsky needs shoulder surgery and could be done for the season… VIA Tencer again: Quinn says no information on Hemsky yet. Says he’s not aware of any surgery talk. There is no confirmation on that, but the rumblings are making the rounds. Will let you know what Quinn says.
- UPDATE AGAIN: It’s official now, per the Oilers official twitter.. Hemsky is having surgery and therefore is done on the year. Disappointing..
- Nilsson, Pouliot and Stone all skated Thursday. Apparently Nilsson was one of the last players to leave the ice and put some extra effort in. I’m still not sold on him at all though, but I’ll keep an open mind.
- Lines were robbed from HFBoards and are very likely to change.

1ST PERIOD SUMMARY

5:23 – SJS – Marleau from Thornton, Heatley
Thornton no look passes from behind the net to Marleau in the slot and he puts it through Deslauriers legs.
Other Highlights
- Heatley’s first shift… “BOOOOOOOO”. It’s going to be a long night, Dany.
- Jacques nails Clowe from behind in the open ice just a second after the refs whistle blows, and Fraser McLaren takes exception. Big mistake, as Jacques lands some big shots early. McLaren gets the final shot in and lands on top of Jacques in the end. I’ll try not to get too entirely aggrevated that McLaren defended a tough teammate who was love-tapped and our team watches Hemsky scrape his dead ass off the ice for fear of a penalty.
- Oilers leading in the physicality department so far, throwing their weight around.
- So they just said Heatley called Horcoff to find out what it’s like to be an Oiler.. who thinks Horcoff said “it’s a good city… when we’re winning and when you’re scoring… when you’re not scoring, they hate you no matter how well you did before”. It would be the truth.
- Horcoff line does a great job maintaining puck possession in the Sharks zone in the last minute of the period.
- Potulny smokes 2 players in a row in the Sharks zone and a scrum ensues immediately afterwards as Ortmeyer takes exception. 4-on-4 play after the dust settles.
- Tambellini interview leads me to believe that no trades will be made.. at least yet. As usual, they will take a “wait and see” approach.

2ND PERIOD SUMMARY

11:03 – EDM – Potulny, unassisted
Potulny steals the puck at the Oilers blue line and speeds into the Sharks zone alone with Jumbo Joe trying to catch him. He fakes a slapshot, and dekes out Nabokov, stuffing it five-hole. Beauty goal.
Other Highlights
- Staios and Heatley battle for a puck in the Oilers zone. Staios shoves him to the ice, drawing cheers from the crowd.
- Moreau makes a nifty play going in on a a rush with Cogliano to flip the puck out o reach of the defenseman trying to poke the puck off his stick. He gets a shot off on goal but it goes wide.
- Stortini throwing his weight around this period, hits two different players in his first shift of the period.
- Ortmeyer gets a great chance on Deslauriers, but JDD spreads the legs out, Gumby style, completely covering the bottom of the net and makes a great stop.
- O’Marra and McDonald each throw a nice hit on separate Sharks players on a shift mid-way through the period, right after Potulny’s goal.
- San Jose PK is quite good this year (3rd), except on the road (20th). The Oilers are making the Sharks feel at home on the powerplay tonight, however.
- On a partially blocked Visnovsky shot, O’Sullivan gets the “pass” and makes a great shot on goal through traffic, but Nabokov manages to stop it.

3RD PERIOD SUMMARY

2:07 – EDM – Penner from Brule
Gagner chips it behind the net. Penner picks it up there, beating Nichol and passes it to the front of the net where Brule is waiting to jam it home.
4:09 – EDM – Brule from Penner, Gagner
Brule intercepts the stretch pass, carries it in, dekes out a defender at the blue line and gets a shot off on goal. The rebound comes straight out to Penner, who just has to bang it in.
5:55 – SJS – Marleau from Thornton, Demers
Demers passes it down low to Thornton, behind the net and he just threads it through to Marleau, in front of the net and he makes no mistake.
8:28 – SJS – Clowe from Marleau, Vlasic
The rebound off a point shot comes out front to Clowe who spins and puts it behind JDD.
14:57 – EDM – Potulny from Smid, Moreau
Moreau collects his dump in and wheels behind the net. He passes it to the side boards to Smid who tries to pass it to Cogliano but it gets deflected and comes to Potulny who buries it.
18:34 – SJS – SH – Marleau from Thornton
Thornton wins the draw, Marleau gets the puck in front of the net to JDD’s left. He dekes around Deslauriers fairly easily and puts it in for the hat trick.

Other Highlights
- The Oilers show some jam this period. The Poltuny line looked good early on, but quickly after that, the Brule/Penner combination hooks up for two quick goals to give the Oil a 3-1 lead. Is there anyone Penner doesn’t have chemistry with?
- Shortly after the Oilers 2nd goal of the period, the Sharks’ top line pressures the Oilers hard in their zone, leading to a Sharks goal.
- Jacques destroys Thornton.. hitting him just as he’s turning to look behind him, and rattles Thornton’s face off the turnbuckle on the Oilers’ bench.
- Jacques again nails Jumbo Joe, this time on the boards at the Sharks blue line, putting him on his ass.
- Again Brule and Penner show more chemsitry.. this time Brule sets up Penner with a pass. from the top of the circle. The shot is saved by Nabokov but he can’t hold it, and Brule chips the rebound over the glass.
- On their next shift, again the top line applies a lot of pressure on the Sharks, generating a couple of good chances.
- Horcoff, Potulny, O’Sullivan and Souray work a good cycle in the Sharks zone, hemming them in and generating a couple of good chances.
- Jacques runs over Huskins from behind in the Sharks zone behind the net.
- The Sharks get a penalty late in the third. On the first shift, they do a great job winning the draw. Boyle skates up ice with it, dekes out Souray and gets a great shot on goal. Deslauriers saves it and hangs on. The next shift, they score.

OVERTIME SUMMARY

No scoring.

Other Highlights
- With 2.5 minutes left, Souray decides it’s a good time to shave Thornton’s cheek with a high-stick.
- Staios battles in the zone on the PK, and he gets hooked down, drawing the penalty.
- On 3-on-3 action, Cogliano gets a great chance, showing his wheels, blowing into the Sharks zone, but he’s partially covered and can’t beat Nabokov
- In the dying seconds, Pavelski tries to set up Heatley for the one time blast.. ohhh no, it’s Andrew Cogliano making a last second dive to prevent the shot.

SHOOTOUT SUMMARY

- O’Sullivan – Gets in close and Nabby throws the poke check but misses… O’Sullivan brings it forehand but fires it wide.
- Marleau – Marleau comes from ride wide and tries to shoot it to the left side of the net, high glove, but misses.
- Gagner – He shoots from the hash marks and hits Nabokov in the chest.
- Pavelski – He comes wide left, shoots from the hash marks and beats Deslauriers, low-mid glove side.
- Penner – He tries to go forehand backhand, but Nabokov gloves it in, whipping out the trapper.

POST-GAME RANT

Well, this was a much closer game than I ever would have thought, brought on my great performances by Brule, Potulny and Penner. Brule and Penner had some great chemistry together, each getting a goal. Potulny had two goals, and his line was jumping tonight. They generated several chances. Jacques also had his typical very physical game. He laid out Thornton twice tonight and also dropped Huskins with a big hit in the Sharks zone. Deslauriers made some hard saves look easy and some easy saves (turning into goals) look difficult.

All in all, this was a surprising game. The Oil showed some resiliency tonight, recovering from 1-0 to get a 3-1 lead, then losing that lead, then regaining it… it was a rollercoaster ride, but the Oil were in it all the way. The only sour note for me was the last 2 minutes of regulation. The Oilers got the powerplay and were overly aggressive, leading to an odd man rush for the Sharks. Deslauriers was forced to hang on for the whistle, and the Sharks tied the game on the next shift. Not good hockey there.

At any rate, very, very impressive performances by youngsters Brule and Potulny. Strudwick called it in the first intermission saying he thinks Potulny would be a guy to step his game up, and he did. That’s one thing to be excited about… that kid has good hands.

Next game, tomorrow night.. 8:00PM on CBC at Vancouver.

185 Responses to “GDT – Oilers 4, Sharks 5 (SO) – Nov 27, 2009 @ 7:30PM – SNET – Game 26”

Potulny on the top line, very interesting. I know the lines will probably change but not bad I guess. Cogs and Sully on the same line too that could be interesting. Usually when seeing Moreau on a line with Cogs I usually think automatically the line is weighed down but not so much with his recent burst of energy.

With all these call ups and players playing in the big leagues if we get a healthy team this year Springfield could have quite a year in theory. Aren’t they doing really good in their division this year?

hemsky out = oilers lose more than win

Racki: I think the lines were just some dude on HFBoards random incarnation… so Potulny on the top line? Not likely.

So probably B.Rule? Jeez, why not throw Cogliano on the first line just for kicks.

I honestly wanted a line of Penner / Gagner / Cogliano ages ago. Would love to see it.

Should be an interesting game. We usually play well against the Sharks. I just wish Chicago hadn’t laid a beating on them the game before. They’ll be out to prove something, but then again, the Sharks have been out to prove something for a decade.

Racki, I think that line would be fun to watch. Gags has shown that if he has a big linemate, he’s very effective and Cogs seems to be able to use his speed when he’s on an offensive line.

Yah, I think the 3 of them could have a chemistry much like the old kid line originally had. And now it would have a big size upgrade (and really a big skill upgrade). But I won’t hold my breath waiting for that line to happen.

Well I’m hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst. I’d feel better if the Sharks weren’t coming off a loss. I’d also feel better if Nabby had not been pulled in that loss because he’s more likely to have a bounce back game. It might come down to goaltending tonight and that kind of scares me.

In the past 3 seasons, we’ve beaten the Sharks 6 of 12 times. Roli was in net for 5 of those wins, earning 1st star status 4 times, and 3 of those wins were downright stolen based on the shot differential.

So good luck Oilers and good luck Jeff! A win would be huge but it might be a game we need our goalie to steal for us.

Well, on the Oilers website the depth-chart as follows:

Penner – Gags – Brule
    Jacques – Horc – Sully
    Moreau – Cogs – Potulny
    Storts – O’Marra – McDonald

Those are probably the most likely line-ups looking at them. We can keep dreaming though.

I’ll put that up for now. Thanks Zack.

Worst news possible from Robin Brownlee on Oilersnation:

VIA Tencer:

NOTE: That could be just a false rumor though, so take it with a grain of salt.

A more positive Tencer update:

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!

What is with the injuries on this team? Well, hopefully he gets it fixed and recovers well.

I agree Racki, this team is needing to be blown up. I think we have all contributed our ideas for who needs to go.

I was reading a thread on HF on veterans and our team. The idea was that we don’t have enough, but one poster pointed out we have lots of vets, just not many that are impact players. I thought this hit it on the head.

I guess now we see what Tambi is really made of. He hasn’t done anything for me or this team other than trading one goalie and getting another. Cole maybe, but really, he has not done a heck of a lot. Time to see what he can do.

I’ll say this, I’m really glad Quinn is here because he has a good track record of getting rid of the crap for guys who will compete. I’m sure he will be involved with any personel decisions.

http://communities.canada.com/edmontonjournal/blogs/hockey/archive/2009/11/26/if-the-oilers-don-t-make-the-playoffs-kevin-lowe-and-steve-tambellini-will-have-to-resign.aspx From David Staples. It’s related to what we’re talking about so I thought I’d put the link up. I think he’s right. Maybe this is another topic. Sorry if I’m de-railing the GDT. :o

He also commented below about the Hemsky injury.

Racki: Right now I’m a little stunned by that (that Hemsky could be out the rest of the season). But at the same time, if this rumor is true, then I’m a bit optimistic in a way because it forces Tambellini’s hand. It’s time to put up or shut up.

it’s actually kind of sad, but that pretty much sums up my feelings to a “T”.

I like Brule on the top line, although I always envisioned him in middle between Hemmer and Penner.

As far as Cogs goes, I’m actually really starting to get pissed off at how he’s being utilized. with how we’ve been ravaged by injury I am just stunned that he’s not getting better/longer looks in the top six, not to mention, he’s not strong at center and pretty much everyone agrees that he’s far better utilized as winger.

bah…management really has me pissed off overall right now. FACK!

16. DropIt says:

Hemsky’s Injury is that bad eh? Shocking when I have seen him take what looked like bigger hits than that. He must have went in awkwardly. Bad news for the Oilers.

I’m not surprised at all – (1) because that’s how the Oiler’s season has gone so far and (2) I had a bad feeling about his injury right when I saw the look on his face. It looked like the shoulder to me when it happened and he had missed a couple games earlier this month with a shoulder injury.

I agree, Tambi will need to make some moves if this is true.

Once we have some confirmed news, I might make a post for it so we can stay more on topic here, but for now, feel free to talk about it here. I don’t go all mod-Nazi in the GDT’s.

definitely not taking that bet.

20. DropIt says:

It sounds pretty negative, but if Hemsky is out long term, how far down the standings do the Oilers fall? Where do they draft this year? I mean if you think about it, even Carolina still has Staal and Ward. If Penner becomes the teams top player, they are going to need some BIG offensive production from a lot of players who have not shown anything thus far. Khabibulin and that defense will also need to play HUGE to keep the Oilers in games. I think Hemsky long term injury may = Oilers getting a top 3-5 pick…

DropIt: That’s really the only positive at this point. At the same time though, never underestimate a team playing with very loose expectations (like the Oil a couple of years ago who poured it on in the last 20, albeit not enough). But I would be ecstatic if the Oilers finished in the bottom 2, as much as I hate to say it ;) At the same time, I won’t completely count them out. It makes it a lot harder, yes. But stranger things have happened. I just don’t see any relief in the way of moves from management.

good read, and I couldn’t agree more with Tychowski.

and yeah Dropit/Racki, that is the only positive about all this…if that’s the case, than I REALLY hope they at the very least drop all the excess baggage we currently have.

just clean house, keep our young core and souray.

Agreed gr8one.. I wouldn’t mind that. I’m normally heavily opposed to losing, but I’d just rather see some bad contracts moved in favor of some UFA signings next year, a good draft pick, and some experience for the young guys… although that last one might be a bit hard on them.

But hey, it ain’t over ’til it’s over… so I’m not opposed to a legitimate attempt at making the playoffs still, but that will take everyone on the same page. I’m looking at you Tambellini/Lowe/Katz.

i hope they don’t bail on the season. I hate teams that do that (i’m looking at you pit, wash…i don’t count chi-town in that because i’ve liked that team for years and its my opinion) and I would never want the oilers to do that.

nut up and play the games hard. if you lose you lose but do so with dignity. maybe they can start playing like the oiler teams of the late 90′s which i loved but didn’t win as much (although one more losing season (aka no playoffs) and we reach the same length of time out of the second season since the dark ages

my opinion is that the season is lost without our best player (penner will come back to earth somewhat and then what?) but the players will play hard and the oilers will finish in the usual 8-11 spot

something else i would like to see now is a bit of togetherness and if someone gets cheap-shotted then take the fucker out

and finally i am through with this management group. like racki i was behind lowe pre-lockout (but how much of that was howson hmmm?) but since the lockout (/cup run) he has done nothing but shit the bed, chasing that star while letting the team rot beneath him, and it doesn’t seem that tambellini is any better (not sure its katz either because he hasn’t been around all that long)

oh, and a final finally, its nice to see the media finally start calling out the management

Racki: Yah, I again am no fan of losing.. but finishing 9-12 or so is about the worst thing that can happen to this team. Either make it in, or fail miserably. Being a near-playoff team for several years is killing us. It is exciting hockey to watch at the end of the year, them trying to claw into the playoffs. However it’s not helping this team’s future at all being a poor team that free agents don’t want to go to, but not bad enough to get a decent draft pick. Pick a direction, as far as I’m concerned, and don’t half ass it.

hear hear.

Yup. Either make progress or draft a future star. I agree. We’ve seen what the results of perrenially finishing just in or just out does for this team. I would be nice to get Taylor Hall. Heck. At some point I’d be talking hard to Boston to get that Toronto pick too. May as well go for broke.

chucker:
    Yup.Either make progress or draft a future star.I agree.We’ve seen what the results of perrenially finishing just in or just out does for this team.I would be nice to get Taylor Hall.Heck.At some point I’d be talking hard to Boston to get that Toronto pick too.May as well go for broke.

I like how you think.

29. Jay says:

Racki, as someone who personally fumbles around with Photoshop rather poorly myself, I have to say that the “Nixed Trade Watch” is some damn fine Photochopping.

Especially now with the cap and lower age free-agency.

Just need a good management core

Thanks Jay!

Chucker: That would definitely be a good option. I wonder how anxious they’d be to give it up. I’d personally start a fire sale for some more picks and increase the chances. I’m hoping that this year’s draft pool is as deep as last years was.

Steve-O: A good management core can rebuild a team from any position…you don’t need the draft to win.Especially now with the cap and lower age free-agency.Just need a good management core

Which, sadly, we don’t have

32. DropIt says:

Good management is very key. *cough* Sutter *cough* :P

Seriously though, either Tambellini has some sort of incredible faith, or Lowe is pulling the strings and Tambellini replaced him to save face with the fans. Lowe needs out completely from that team.

33. Trogdor says:

I wonder if/when they might drag Eberle into the mix. If Hemsky is gone for the season and they aren’t looking at trades, maybe the kid will get some time. Looks like he’s having fun in Regina for the moment though.

Another non ppv game, and another one I’ll be missing. With the wife, sister, and 2 nieces in the house my TV options will be limited.

As for trading for players I would think it would be forwards as we’ve seen already the lack of depth on defence. Also, the way Penner has been playing he’s become an asset so his name probably won’t be shopped around.

Well Eberle can’t be called up until the pool in Springfield is a bit more shallow.

Credit to Jonathan Willis for the research, but:

Emergency conditions shall be established when the playing strength of the Loaning Club, by reason of incapacitating injury or illness or by League suspension to its players is reduced below the level of two goalkeepers, six defencemen and twelve forwards.

Not sure how close Sprinfield is at this point though.

DropIt: Again, I was always a Lowe fan (more so pre-cap era), but I do agree. However Tambellini has said that he makes those decisions now. So I don’t give him the free pass anymore either.

Trogdor: I wonder if/when they might drag Eberle into the mix.If Hemsky is gone for the season and they aren’t looking at trades, maybe the kid will get some time.Looks like he’s having fun in Regina for the moment though.Another non ppv game, and another one I’ll be missing.With the wife, sister, and 2 nieces in the house my TV options will be limited.As for trading for players I would think it would be forwards as we’ve seen already the lack of depth on defence.Also, the way Penner has been playing he’s become an asset so his name probably won’t be shopped around.

My cousin in Edmonton has season tickets in the lower bowl, I had the option of going to the game but it’s my girlfriends, best friends 18th birthday tonight so we’re all going out. A little bummed I’ll be missing the game but hey gotta enjoy life once and a while. Or make it seem so for the girlfriend. =p

Racki: Not very optimistic about the season now, if Hemsky is out. They’ve had decent success without him, short term though.. so you never know. But I predict what we’ll see is Hemmer out long term, and the Oilers management will do nothing about it. Any takers on that bet? Sorry to sound negative, but that just seems to be the way these days. Maybe something at the deadline, if the team is in the mix. But I won’t hold my breath waiting for a trade.

I have a feeling the topic will be on the way and I’ll go more in-depth then. If Hemsky is out the remainder of the season then I’m pretty sure you’ll be right on with that theory, sadly, Racki.

The positive side to that though is without Hemsky we could still hold a pretty decent record and if we do the management could then take that opportunity to trade him for an elite/bonafide superstar. Hemsky is good, one of the top players of the game but I still don’t consider him elite. With his contract and his level of play we could probably get someone really good in return (an elite player but you’d probably have to add someone or a draft pick). The Oilers roster, as most of us now know, runs pretty deep we do have quite a bit of depth.

So if we did loose Hemsky and things go more sour then I can’t see what better reason/excuse you’d need for the fans, to rebuild, especially since we have a new coaching staff/system. We don’t have to totally tank but it should give the management some breathing room if we do make some trades.

36. Horpensky says:

Horpensky: Hemsky being out will FORCE a lot of our younger guys to step up. You always mentioned how Cogs gets shafted with bottom 6 minutes/linemates, but with Hemsky out, I think he will be given a chance on the Top 6 at one point or another.

Haha, or Quinn will move up Stortini (Joking, joking).

You know, I wouldn’t be surprised if Cogliano is still passed up on in the top six. But hopefully he finally gets a shot on the wing. I wish Comrie was back sooner too. A healthy Comrie would benefit this team quite a bit as well

39. Trogdor says:

Not funny… It just might happen.

zackman35:

Haha, or Quinn will move up Stortini (Joking, joking).

40. Jay says:

One thing I think important as a GM is asset management. For example, if we decide to keep Gagner and Cogliano, having Cogliano play in the bottom six might be better asset management. If Cogs were to get top six minutes and 2nd powerplay unit time, he’s just going to cost more to re-sign at the end of the season, no?

41. Jay says:

I think it’s the same problem that Visnovsky creates. Visnovsky’s so good that anyone who gets paired with him gets all of their counting numbers/stats inflated. To me, I would rather play Visnovsky with someone who I were looking to trade if I were a GM. Well, it’s another side of the game to consider…

With Hemsky out, I’m done watching these guys until next year. Sorry but we suck as is. Another GM comes in and for some reason can’t realize that ‘Hey maybe we should rebuild and get some talent here.’ God forbid that ever happens.

I lied. I’m watching the game tonight. Just hope for the best. If we finish last fine we have a star in Hall. Plus Eberle and MPS will be here next year, and they will be good. Penner, Gag, Cogs, Brule, Hemsky and Stone will be back on offense another year better. A trade or something needs to be made.

44. OilerTyler says:

Some guy I know in Regina told me that he thinks the Oilers will fail to get 50 points this year, and he will buy me a beer next time he is in Edmonton if they do. So all I want is 50 points. He made this prediction before the year started too.

50 pts? LOL that’s setting the bar pretty damn low. The Oilers are bad.. but not THAT bad.

B.O.: Your rollercoaster relationship with the Oilers is comical to watch

It’s official, Hemsky is having surgery. So he’s done for the year. Daaaammmmmn.

Thanks Racki lol love you too man. I always try to make the people laugh ;). Tambi will speak to the media in about 15 minutes. This is a huge loss for the Oilers, one that WILL derail this season. Maybe someone steps up, but its unlikely. Now I think its almost certain that Tambi will be making moves.

Hemsky out for 5 months, which means he’ll be back in time for the playoffs!!! Ok, try not to laugh..

I just cried. I just got a sick feeling realizing that we are missing the playoffs again.

this kinda reminds me of 07/08 when we lost our best offensive player that year (horcs had 20 goals in January) and we went on a tear. Unlikely but hey maybe, just maybe.