Want to contribute with your own blog posts?

By , October 15, 2009 7:26 pm

Ok, so we’ve been thinking of a bunch of ideas that we can do to make the site a bit better (and feedback from you guys would definitely help.

Anyways, one thought we had was to have a separate section that allows anyone to post their own articles. So you’d all have full creative control over posts (like we do) rather than just making comments (i.e. you can create the same kinds of posts as we do). It won’t appeal to everyone, of course, but it might be something a few of you are interested in. I wanted to gauge interest to see if it’s worth working on.

So, that’s a segue into today’s poll:

We are thinking about adding a separate blog page connected to this one for anyone to contribute posts to. Interested in this idea?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Feel free to give your feedback in the comments section or through the “Contact Us” link from the menu, under help.

6 Responses to “Want to contribute with your own blog posts?”

I think it would be a great idea, as long as you keep it separated like you mentioned. It would be interesting to read from a few other peoples perspectives as well as what’s already on here. And I think you said it last night Racki when you mentioned it being to early for forums yet. Having a few more bloggers may attract more people too though, you never know.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind writing because sometimes I can really get into it. I do however see myself more as a graphics person though. Either way if you’re looking for someone for extra wallpapers, hockey cards or blogging don’t hesitate to contact me!

The other writers would post on a completely different blog actually, linked from here. If someone posts something that’s really quite good, I’d feature it here.

As for wallpapers and other things, if it’s quality stuff, feel free to make something and I would host it here for you with credit to you of course. :)

3. Hockey Noob says:

Hey Racki, that’s a pretty good idea. Would it be like fan posts over at Copper & Blue? POTF’s a great blog so I am not too sure what more would make it better. We already know that streaming PPV’s is out, so there goes my idea lol… :)

Hah, yah, if it was legal, I’d stream the games here.

As for the user blog idea, I was thinking the best way for me to do it without cluttering things up here (like Zackman pointed out) is to have a sub-blog on another subdoman. So I’d set up another address like “http://userblogs.puttingonthefoil.com” (although I have another idea for a name in my head if we go through with it). I’ve never really looked at the user submissions on C&B, although I did see it there.. I wonder how they do over there.

Btw, back to Zackman’s question… any sort of content related to the Oilers you guys have (videos, wallpaper, pics)… feel free to bring it to my attention and I might put it up here. Zack I saw your hockey cards on the OMB, they’re awesome!

5. Car insurance claims >> http://onlinecarinsuranceclaims.com/ says:

[... - puttingonthefoil.com is another good place of tips. Online Car insurance claims [... -

Car insurance claims >> http://onlinecarinsuranceclaims.com/: [… – puttingonthefoil.com is another good place of tips. Online Car insurance claims[… -

wtf?