The Wizard of Fail – Current NHL Standings

By , October 13, 2009 8:55 am
Mac T was right!!

Mac T was right!!

Its still early in the season but I figure I’ll start this up now because I like laughing at the leafs. I’m also hoping this holds up to the end and they give up a lottery pick for Kessel. Then I hope someone asks Burke if thats how one is supposed to rebuild.

Conference Standings

Preds

Islanders

Canucks

Panthers

Wild

Leafs

Draft Pick Watch (League)

Team

Canadiens

Hurricanes

Islanders

Wild

Panthers

Leafs

Also in other news Trogdor is leading the hockey pool, while Racki and myself are holding down 5th and 6th respectively.

10 Responses to “The Wizard of Fail – Current NHL Standings”

If Quinn manages to keep the players motivated enough to keep their foot on the gas, I can see the Oilers climbing even higher in the standings. I won’t get too ahead though, cause anything can happen from a few injuries or something like that. But I like how this team is made up of interchangeable parts. Personally I think Hemsky has been stinking the joint up most nights, but this team is still having reasonable success because other players are pulling through.

The Bruin’s future certainly looks bright.

I also believe that we have some assets that we can afford to lose to acquire some better fitting puzzle pieces to our roster once the deficiencies really start revealing themselves.

and, kind of unrelated, and I know I’ve said it before, but man would I like to see Brule centering Hemmer for a test fit.

3. Horpensky says:

Hemsky is still adjusting to Quinn’s system where you compete for your ice time. He’s gotta learn to make the most out of the limited ice time he has (only 13 minutes TOI last night). The good thing is if he isn’t producing, Quinn has 3 other lines ready to go.

Under MacT system, Hemsky would be thrown over the boards every second shift if we need a goal scored regardless of how he was playing.

And I can see the draft already: “With the 1st overall pick the Boston Bruins proudly select…” Imagine if they won the cup too this year

Brutal move by Burke to get a questionable asset IMHO. Boston has a great track record of unloading guys who look great but really are not. I think Kessel is one of these guys akin to Samsonov and Thornton. He’ll get his points, but that’s about it.

Taylor Hall. What can you say? Toronto wants young stars to build around, guts their team to get high draft picks like this kid and then Burke trades them away for one guy who has already worn out his welcome in Boston.

I love it!!

5. DropIt says:

I figured this was about Calgary… And fittingly so. :(

Bastards

gr8one: The Bruin’s future certainly looks bright.as far as the Oilers go, I’m feeling cautiously excited, I remember this time last season we were 4-1 I think and everyone was all excited but I just had this pit in my stomach because we looked terrible in the wins yet I just had this sense of dread of what was to come.This year it’s completely opposite, I don’t think we look like an elite team, but I’m seeing so many positives and at least we’re looking like we deserve the wins we’re getting, and without a few bad bounces we could be undefeated. I too don’t want to get to far ahead of myself, but I’m liking what I’m seeing, and we seem like we’re getting better every game.

Yah I brought this up a few times already. Last year we started 4-0 out of the gate. I know there were a few of us pointing out how the “great” start was all smoke and mirrors. They got there by lucky bounces. This year so far the bounces have mostly been against them. Could easily be 5-0 right now.

DropIt: I figured this was about Calgary… And fittingly so. :(
    Bastards

Eh?

7. OilerTyler says:

OilerTyler: The pool is depressing me, I have three players on the IR already, Getzlaf isn’t doing a thing for me and the one day i forget to change my players, they all get points.

lol, yeah…welcome to Fantasy Hockey.

I have Vinny in a couple of leagues, as I was counting on him to have a huge bounce back season now that he’s healthy again. and I too am plagued by some injuries, but it’s a long season and things do balance out. I wouldn’t worry about Getzlaf either, he’ll get you your points. In one of my leagues drafts, I actually had the first overall pick, and right when the draft started, my doorbell rang, and my dog’s started going nuts, and in this mayhem I thought I was picking Ovechkin, but my mouse had slid down to Rick Nash. so yeah, that was worth a few bad words, no knock on Nash, but he’s no Ovie. :(

Racki: I think Dropit was referring to “The Wizard of Fail” headline and the Flamers.

Oilertyler:

and you should set your lineups a week in advance, I usually do Sunday to Sunday, that way you can’t forget. just remember that if you do, and then add a waiver player you will need to re-do it.

And the Leafs first overall draft pick watch has officially begun. Poor Kessel. He’s going to pancake under all this pressure, but we all called it didn’t we?

Way to run your team into the sewer Burke.