GDT – Dallas At Edmonton – Oct. 6, 2009 – Game 2

By , October 6, 2009 10:53 am
GDT - Dallas At Edmonton - Oct. 6, 2009

GDT - Dallas At Edmonton - Oct. 6, 2009

Well it’s a PPV night tonight. I likely won’t be around tonight on the chat, but hopefully there’s a few of you guys around here to keep each other company.

No lines anywhere that I can find just yet, but here are the presumed lines based on yesterday’s practice lines:

Oilers Projected Line-Up (per TSN)

Jacques – Horcoff – Hemsky

Barch – Sutherby – Petersen

Skrastins – Daley
Grossman – Robidas
Woywitka – Niskanen

Turco
Auld

Some notes: Moreau and Horcoff missed this morning’s skate. Moreau is said to be injured, I believe an ankle injury. Not sure about Horcoff, but it’s not likely that the morning skate was an optional one. Hopefully he’s in the lineup tonight though and it’s nothing serious.

For the Stars, Jere Lehtinen skated today, but it’s still unsure whether he will be in tonights game. Mike Modano is also questionable for tonights game. More on that later.

POST-GAME RANT

Goal summary:

1st period:
03:39 – EDM – Mike Comrie from Andrew Cogliano, Ladislav Smid PP
2nd period:
06:35 – EDM – Sam Gagner from Denis Grebeshkov, Andrew Cogliano PP
18:06 – EDM – Penner from Robert Nilsson
3rd period:
06:52 – EDM – Denis Grebeshkov from Ales Hemsky, Tom Gilbert

Ales Hemsky with the lone shootout goal.

46 Responses to “GDT – Dallas At Edmonton – Oct. 6, 2009 – Game 2”

Moreau has an infected bursa in his ankle which has bothered him for a little while and sounds like it keeps flaming up. He’s on antibiotics. I think they should let him rest it for a couple weeks or it’s going to be nagging him for a while.

Not sure what’s going on with Horcoff.

They need to start Khabi to get the ending of last game out of his mind ASAP.

2. DropIt says:

Game 2 and already a PPV? That’s awful.

.. Dallas is a wildcard team in my eyes, and can’t be sure of how good or bad they are quite yet… I think they have a very solid looking team for the future with the constant improvement of their younger players (grossman, brunnstrom), but I just don’t see them being a threat this year.

Edmonton-3
    Dallas-2

Update on the lines above as per Gregor on Oilersnation. Horcoff might miss this one, but unconfirmed as of yet. No access to Twitter.. anyone? Tencer saying anything new?

And yes, it’s bad how many PPV’s the Oilers have this year. Something like 16. And we’d have more if not for 2 games being streamed on the net. Ghetto.

My prediction:
    Oilers – 4
    Stars – 2

Ok, yet another update on Horcoff (already :P)… according to Horcoff, himself, he is playing tonight. He was just “resting a small tweak”.

5. OilerTyler says:

Tencer confirmed that Horcoff will be playing as well

TSN’s ice chip has their projected lines up for the night, so I updated the post (yet again) with those lines. If anyone hears anything official from anywhere, please update here and I’ll fix the post again.
    Would like to know the Stars lineup too.

7. OilerTyler says:

Gilbert and Grebber as the bottom pair, wow.

8. Samus says:

they should bench Grebeshkov tonight.

Samus: they should bench Grebeshkov tonight.

whoa whoa whoa…not a chance. kid is going to get me mad points tonight

10. Trogdor says:

A little digging around and found yesterday’s practice lines for the Stars. Likely similar to tongiht.

Neal – Richards – Eriksson
    Morrow – Ribeiro – Benn
    Ott – Wandell – Brunnstrom
    Barch – Sutherby – Petersen
    Lehtinen

Skrastins – Daley
    Grossman – Robidas
    Woywitka – Niskanen
    Fistric

11. Samus says:

Is it about getting points, or not giving the puck away.

Steve-O:
    whoa whoa whoa…not a chance.kid is going to get me mad points tonight

12. Hockey Noob says:

If I don’t make it out to a bar to watch the game, I might check out: (snipped) Someone on Lowetide said that you can watch the game ghetto style for free over at that site?

i am also aware of a way to watch the game online

or so i hear

Samus: Is it about getting points, or not giving the puck away.

points…lots of points

Sorry to be the rule nazi, but one rule only on this site (so far) and that’s please don’t post pirate links (i.e. the links to pirated tv streams). Don’t need the NHL chasing me down. :P

16. DropIt says:

DropIt: A bit off topic. But I heard the Kevin Lowe was in attendance at the Vancouver game last night. And there is a possibility of a trade between the Oilers and Canucks, have you heard any truth behind this? I’m interested in who either team may be interested in.from the other…?..

I think he was just lost

18. Trogdor says:

Racki:

My prediction:
    Oilers – 4
    Stars – 2

I’ll agree but one up with the 4th being an empty netter.

19. mrgod2u says:

About the streaming games (and this is not a pirate thing) the NHL.com site is offering October as a promo month for the service. You just have to sign up for the promo and you should be able to watch that way. I looked into it, but I hads so little fun watching the pre-season games that way that I’m just going to pay the PPV fee so I can PVR and watch at my leasure. Enjoy though.

20. Hockey Noob says:

Racki, sorry about that. I didn’t realize that it was a pirated stream. The site gets millions of viewers per month, so I wrongly assumed that it was somehow legit.

It’s ok. Basically as far as I know, there aren’t any legit TV streams out there, aside from the obvious ones (ex. from the source itself, like NHL.com, or CBC, etc.). Since it’s a PPV, you can pretty much guarantee that the stream is illegal (at least for us Edmontonians anyways, although I’d assume that goes for anyone). There is a PM’ing feature here too (not sure if you guys are aware) that you can use to pass top-secret info along if you really like.

At any rate, I am not super anal about it, and not going to get all upset at anyone. I expect it will happen a lot through the course of the season, and I will just remind people and snip the links out of the posts when it does, at a snail pace of course ;)

COMRIE COMRIE COMRIE!!!!

Hello Mr. Comrie, all alone in front of Mr. Turco…

Nice to see you Boston, have we lost you from OMB?

Ouch that was ugly all around…

Barch looked like a rag doll there! Go Souray!

God that was funny Shelly telling Barch to wait while he took off the wrist guard.

Bostonoiler: LNOF, I have been unable to log in to the OMB, and they haven’t fixed the problem. I read it regularly, but can’t post, which sucks. ANYWAY, that was an ugly goal, but nice to see Souray pound somebody!

Yeah, OMB leaves a lot to be desired now. I don’t post there as much as I used to, it’s too slow and when I’m at work I can’t read half of it. Not that I should be posting while I’m at work anyway, but…

28. Samus says:

It works.

Steve-O: i am also aware of a way to watch the game onlinegoogle myp2p, and on that site go to forums/nhl + ice hockey and they have every game streamed from somewhere on a thread created every dayor so i hear

Yeah, lol gotta love Souray. You know, Brule has really impressed me so far, he scored that great goal last game, and has been all right so fr tonight. JFJ is another guy that has showed me something. I hope they play like this all season. Khabi makes me nervous though.

Comrie has looked very good early in this game, so many chances! I really like this Oilers team better than last years already.

Yeah they’re playing with…what’s it called? Intensity? Haven’t really been able to use that word alot with the Oilers the last few seasons.

Kinda like they actually care. Last year I think Roli and Souray were the only ones who cared, especially as the season came closer and closer to the end.

Yeah, it was a good period of hockey, but we need to step up and score a few goals in the 2nd period. I really like that they are hitting, fighting, wining FACEOFFS, and getting shots on net with scoring chances, I love it!

I just saw the funniest commercial on the CI Dallas feed about milking a hamster…

That was kind of a lame fight…

34. Hockey Noob says:

Yeah, Boston Oilers, Khabi’s made more than a few saves where he’s turned to check the net which doesn’t look like he’s very confident.

35. Hockey Noob says:

Oh that could have been another embarrassing own-goal.

Nice outlet pass by Turco there, nice goal, unfortunately.

There we go…Gagner!!!

Hockey Noob: I’ve only watched part of the game, but it looks like we’re getting killed on face-offs.

Actually we’re at 60% overall. Horc and Brule are doing well on the dot so far

Not a bad game, but Khabi needs to fix whatever is screwing him up, because he has not played that great these first two games. Gagner and Penner stepping up, Gotta love it!

41. DropIt says:

I think Gagner is going to get himself a promotion if he keeps this up

There we go, woo-hoo!

Congrats to Quinn on his first win behind the Oilers bench and congrats to Khabi on his 300th! He still doesn’t look comfy in net but he hung in there and was solid in the shootout. This will do a lot for his confidence.

And with that, good night, I think I did my share of posting here tonight – was talking to myself at times but that’s ok…

43. hemskysuncle says:

dammit…looks like a good game from the hightlights….can’t wait until that dude on nhltorrents starts uploading the oiler games! he must be sick or something :(

LNOF: yah a bunch of us weren’t around last night, but thanks for keeping things going here anyways :P Good to know the Oil were good on the dot last night. Especially Brule.. nice to hear he’s doing well.

B.O., yah that guy we used to have between the pipes is looking pretty good right now in comparison… but it’s still early. I’m sure Khabi will get on his game.

45. DropIt says:

Ya, I saw the highlights of the Souray fight. Didn’t look like many damaging blows, but he made Barch look like a fool.

Ragdolled him.. that was about it.