2009/10 Edmonton Oilers Opening Night Intros / Songs

By , October 4, 2009 4:55 pm

Here’s the video of the new intros that they showed on Saturday. What are your thoughts? I liked it…

2009/10 Edmonton Oilers Opening Night Intros

The first few minutes or so nothing happens, just a song playing in the background.

Here is the timeline for the video:
3:00 ish – Cirque Eloize… pretty impressive acrobatic act
7:05 ish – This is the part they showed on CBC, the song, the acrobatic act, the bagpipes, drums, etc.
13:50 – Family friendly intro, much like the previous ones that many thought were dull (be prepared, the sound goes pretty crazy and untolerable for a bit).. which blends into……
15:00 – The action intro… they did a MUCH better job this year. Of course, they had a LOT of room for improvement as well, but I like it.
16:35 – On-ice player introductions
23:00 – Ceremonial puck drop
25:30 – Anthem singing
27:07 – Satuday Night / Battle Of Alberta Intro video

14 Responses to “2009/10 Edmonton Oilers Opening Night Intros / Songs”

1. Samus says:

Don’t get me started on Raised Fist…

Chucker loves Eloize. MMMMMMM. Eloize.

Samus: I blame the song for the loss. They should of played “Stronger then ever” by Raised Fist.

Agreed

the acrobatic stuff, and the bagpipes/music was kinda cool, but man that song just blew chunks.

6. Horpensky says:

Horpensky: I love the beginning, I think they’re really trying to promote Edmonton as a city of arts and they did a great job. That Eloize girl was crazy, usually those people perform with bare feet, but she was doing acrobatics with skates on!

yeah, I agree, and that outfit she had on wasn’t too bad either. hehe

8. Horpensky says:

Also interesting to note the Campbell Brothers were on the bagpipes, they’re also the ones that did the bagpipes for CBC’s new intro.

9. DropIt says:

I heard some pretty negative feedback from most Oil fans on the opening night performance. Although not having seen it, I really can’t judge.

acrobatics sounds like a different twist though…

Cirque-de-soGay :P jks

Uh, let’s just say that I agree wholeheartedly with Gr8one’s opinion on the first act.

Well as a good Nova Scotian, I approve of the Celtic band! They reminded me of a local band called Squid. The acrobatics were cool, not sure how that girl was able to fiddle and spin at the same time without puking though. I didn’t really care for the way they introduced the players though, not enough light on them at the beginning and they didn’t really look like they were enjoying it either (except for Lubo and Struds). The song during the taped intro didn’t really do much for me either.

I didn’t notice it (at first) but the guys on TEAM 1260 were talking about how Moreau nearly biffed it when he skated to center ice. I watched the video again, and it was kind of funny, he came close to completely bailing at center. :P

That would have been funny – kind of Phil Esposito-esq during the Summit Series in ’72

Yah actually that was the exact same thing Jason Gregor said on the radio too :P Hard not to laugh if he would have wiped out