GDT: Oilers 1, Canucks 3 – Pre-season Game 4 – 2009-09-19

By , September 19, 2009 2:06 pm
Lets hope that Racki puts more effort into finding a new host than I do with these pictures

Well I don’t know how many people are going to see this but Racki is working his ass off to get things running again.

Anyways I test drove a WRX today. Stupid amounts of fun.

Oh yeah, and the Oil are playing the canucks. We are awesome, they suck so the outcome should be in our favor but I think I just jinxed it. Damn.

My head hurts…
Oh, and here are the lines. I jacked them straight from the 630 ched site.

EDMONTON OILERS LINE UP

49 Alexandre Bolduc C
56 Matt Pope C
57 Guillaume Desbiens RW
64 Evan Oberg D
73 Tanner Glass LW

POST-GAME RANT

This was a bit of a snoozer. To be honest, I couldn’t really get into this one. JDD looked pretty solid. Other than him, not many Oilers stood out. How about Big Mac looking like a power forward on one shift, driving to the net Erik Cole style, though?

Here are your goal scorers:

1st Period:
09:07 Vancouver Alexander Edler (Evan Oberg, Ryan Kesler) PP
19:53 Edmonton Sheldon Souray (Ethan Moreau, Robert Nilsson)

2nd Period:
No scoring

3rd period:
10:45 Vancouver Darcy Hordichuk (Jannik Hansen, Ryan Kesler)
19:05 Vancouver Cody Hodgson (EN)

53 Responses to “GDT: Oilers 1, Canucks 3 – Pre-season Game 4 – 2009-09-19”

Nice… ;)

So I haven’t switched hosts yet. I went and signed up on the new host though and was setting up the site over there. I checked back here and everything is lightning fast. What the hell. I had e-mailed GoDaddy before I signed up on the new host though, so I’m wondering if they pulled through and fixed this issue.

Yeah, seems quick now

So I don’t know what it was, which sucks. Hopefully GoDaddy e-mails me back to let me know. I’ve kept this other host going. I’ll keep that on stand by so that if all shit breaks loose here again, I can switch over there permanently. But aside from this one hiccup, I’ve been pretty happy with GoDaddy. Plus its a pain in the ass to switch over, so if I can avoid that, I will.

Back on topic:

I’m liking the lines tonight. Interesting combos.

In particular, the supposed “Line 2″ (looks more like a line 1 to me) sounds interesting. Finally Brule gets a shot with some decent linemates.

yeah, i’m cool with this so long as its not stupid slow

put o’sullivan on that second line and thats the top line in a year or two

6. OilerTyler says:

It looks like they will be giving Eberle top line minutes tonight, and give Hemsky second line minutes. Of course Hemsky is locked in at top line right wing during the season, but this means that they are giving Eberle a really good look.

I bet Eberle plays 9 games before being sent back to the pats…not sure we want to burn a year of eligibility like we did with Gagner

8. Hockey Noob says:

Yeah, I bet Steve-O’s right about Eberle. One way or the other he looks to have a bright future in the NHL. The kid’s got skills.

Is Luongo starting tonight? This should be an exciting game… This roster is loaded with smaller skilled players and so far hasn’t been as exciting to watch imo.

Yup, Luongo starts. And JDD is said to be getting the full game tonight (barring any disaster).

And agreed about Eberle… give him a good look early on this year, but back to juniors.

Got the feed up now on the front page of Putting On The Foil.

11. Hockey Noob says:

Racki, you’re a smart man!!! I couldn’t find the feed on the Oilers site either–good thinking to go to the Nucks’ site!

hah, well the Oiler one is up now. And I don’t want to jinx myself, but there is one thing this feed hasn’t done yet that it normally does at least once every couple of minutes or so.

13. Hockey Noob says:

Hmm, I might have preferred to see the Bulin wall in net tonight rather than vs. the Panthers.

yah it would definitely have been a better match up of goaltending power hey. But maybe its good that JDD sees some better action and Khabi just faces the lower end competition since he doesn’t need the practice so much..? just a thought.

15. Hockey Noob says:

The dangers of defensive zone faceoffs….

But we don’t need a faceoff man, what do you mean? :P

17. Hockey Noob says:

Cogliano was 0-2 on the PK draws-yeah, we don’t need someone for these draws obviously.

hehe, say what you will about Rod Phillips, but I’d rather watch paint dry than listen to these guys, at least Rod has a heartbeat.

19. Hockey Noob says:

Yeah Gr8one, these guys are brutal.

Totally agree with you too gr8one

21. Hockey Noob says:

Man Souray’s just an effin stud…. You gotta love that guy, damn.

Hockey Noob: Man Souray’s just an effin stud…. You gotta love that guy, damn.

qft

you guys need to accept my fantasy invite, chop chop!!

btw, Mr.Racki, when ya gonna post up that fantasy invite thread?

Racki: Sorry, I will post tomorrow most likely (i.e. once this current thread is old news). Sorry for the delay on that, but the site performance went to crap last night and was spending a lot of time trying to diagnose it.

no worries at all, there’s still a week before the draft, lots of time.

I’ve also been throwing together a new look.. you guys want a preview? Check here. It has an export of today’s site at around noon-ish.. don’t bother posting there of course, as it’s not the real site: http://biz70.inmotionhosting.com/~puttin7/wpfiles/

I’m still working on fixing up things like the side bar. But would appreciate feedback such as:

– it sucks compared to the current site
    – its way better compared to the current site
    – its about the same
    – im indifferent
    – it’s not bad
    etc. etc.

I love that new look, but then I really like the current look too, sorry to be of absolutely no help, but I like em both. pretty equal.

that pp looked awful.

Yep, and again looked awful.

I’m not sure why these guys are talking about a possible penalty shot. If the ref was calling it, he’d stop the play dead and do it right there.

haha, about as smart as the average Canuck fan.

32. Hockey Noob says:

Tough call on the new design–I agree with Gr8one that they’re pretty close. If I had to pick, I still think that the original one looks better.

Wow the feed has gone a bit crummy, but at least i’m not having to reconnect. And thanks for the feedback, guys!

34. Hockey Noob says:

Hmm, what do you guys think of Penner/Cogliano combo? To me, it’s not looking great…

Oh I forgot to mention that the banner rotates on the top. Not to say that this will suddenly make the other look a winner, but just in case you were basing it on a particular pic that just didn’t look good.

36. Hockey Noob says:

Uggh, Penner working the dump/chase on the PP lol. These PP’s have been brutal.

I don’t think too much has looked great for the Oil tonight, to be honest.. but I also hadn’t been watching super close.

Does the fee kind of jerk forward for you guys? Like it’ll pause a sec, then suddenly it seems like it jumped way ahead?

Look at Big Mac go! lol

40. Hockey Noob says:

Yeah, this game was exciting for the first period. After that, it’s been pretty ugly.

41. Hockey Noob says:

Nilsson’s second visit to the box.. Hard to say, but I am definitely not loving much of any of the Oilers lines in this game.

42. Hockey Noob says:

Yeah, the feeds bad for me too and I’ve been good for the other games.

hahah, big mac cutting to the net was awesome!

Racki, about the new design, I just went back and looked again and refreshed a few times and it actually did swing that design into my favour and I paid a littel more attention to the rest of the layout, and overall I like it better.

I really like it actually. when’s it gonna go gold?

Man oh man, how the heck did that happen? D-man committed a little too early there too.

You guys here that Ron Wilson interview a couple of days ago where he talked about lines? He made a comment that I wish MacT would have listened would have followed. (In reference to Nazem Kadri) he said that he doesn’t believe in playing guys where they are in no position to succeed, such as playing a skill player on a grind line, or bumping up a grinder to the scoring lines because he’s playing well. He believes that every player has their place, and you don’t mix that up. Now of course there’s no reason to beleive he can coach worth a damn, but that was still interesting. haha

Racki: Well I can put it on any time, but figured I’d just get some opinion first in case people didn’t like it. Personally, I like it better just because it looks a bit cleaner (to me). But we all have different opinions though. I should almost make a poll. lol

well, I agree, and so really, that should make a poll irrelevant. :p

but yeah…D committed way too early, terrible game overall for the Oilers really, although JDD is looking pretty good, it looked to me like he had that last one and got kind of an unlucky bounce off his blocker.

and that’s a great quote by Wilson, I couldn’t agree more.

49. Hockey Noob says:

I can’t say that the Oilers had one forward line that looked like it had much chemistry or had any fit. I think earlier on the Hemsky line looked a little bit better, but still not great. Smid on the PP was not a good thing and you could really notice Young on the ice–but for how out of place he looked. Overall, our roster looked pretty small against the Nucks.