Numbers Game – Mike Comrie and Khabibulin

By , September 12, 2009 11:02 pm

While Mike Comrie is currently wearing #91 in the training camp, he apparently is trying to contact Doug Weight about using the former Oilers legend’s #39. Comrie has been a fan of his since he was younger and wore the #39 with the Kootenay Ice. Khabibulin will be wearing the number #35.

6 Responses to “Numbers Game – Mike Comrie and Khabibulin”

1. OilerTyler says:

If he takes 39, alot of people will use it as an excuse to be mad at him. I have no problem with him taking it though, especially if Weight gives him permission. I mean, Keith Tkachuk has always been my idol, and as a result I wear 7 whenever I can. Comrie just wants to do the same

Yah exactly. I can see people making a big deal out of it, but it doesn’t bother me one bit.

3. OilerTyler says:

Yup, and I respect Comrie for asking Weight for his permission. That is a very classy thing to do.

It’ll ruffle a lot of feathers either way. If Weight says yes, which I expect he will, I’m cool with it. I still think the PC thing would be to wear 93 or some other number. Weight is one of the classiest Oilers ever, so he’s putting a target on him by asking for that jersey IMO. I’ll cheer for him, I just know others will get upset by this though.

5. Andrew says:

I think it’s great Comrie left no. 89 alone…would have been a bad way to win back the fans by stealing Sammy’s number

Yah no kidding! He’ll have a tough time swindling Doug Weight’s old number as is, nevermind a player actually still on our roster (and not to mention, the team’s future face of the franchise, perhaps).