Edmonton Journal writer Jim Matheson had a whack of interesting updates for us this morning. Here’s the highlights:
- An “informed” source says that there is no way the Oilers are interested in Mike Comrie: “It ain’t happening … he ain’t coming here. Mike doesn’t fit any need that we have right now.” (I have to agree on the 2nd statement)
- Matheson doesn’t feel the Oilers are making a pitch for Phil Kessel either. Plus, the Bruins would only move him to free up cap space, something we have very little of.
- The Oilers have hired a new video coach (formerly Brian Ross) in Mitchell Fee. This is part of the Rangers/Renney connection, as Fee was formerly with the Rangers.
- Matheson speculates this years top line LW will either be Andrew Cogliano or Patrick O’Sullivan and Dustin Penner will return to the 3rd line. Too bad, if that’s the case, because I’d rather see Penner on line 2 opening up ice for the kids.
- Rob Schremp still remains unsigned. The reported reason for this is Schremp would like more money to play in the AHL (and before anyone jumps on that, I can’t say I blame him.. at least he’s willing to play there, if he gets sent back down).
- he Springfield Falcons have signed enforcer Kip Brennan to a Minor League deal.
10 Responses to “Updates from Jim Matheson”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.