Patrick Kane arrested for allegedly beating cabbie ‘over 20 cents’…

By , August 9, 2009 7:02 pm
Don't mess with 20 Cent

Don't mess with 20 Cent

Read on, here.

Rumor is, he didn’t want to give this guy his spare change either.

UPDATE: The cabbie’s lawyer is downplaying the incident, apparently. More info here. Details are still pretty sketchy.

Police Report

26 Responses to “Patrick Kane arrested for allegedly beating cabbie ‘over 20 cents’…”

1. OilerTyler says:

Ahah so this is the picture

I like it

I like that mug shot you posted on the Oil site too. That didn’t take long.

3. Horpensky says:

If you listen to the cabbie’s interview, apparently he had no idea who Kane was.. and Kane was shouting at him “Do you even know who I am?!” while punching him. Maybe that’s a sign Kane wants to play in the limelight..

Yah, I kind of have to wonder if the cabbie is telling the truth at all. We’ve yet to hear the Kanes’ side of the story. So I’ll try to reserve judgment. But from this point forward, he’s 20 cent to me. :lol:

5. ashee89 says:

my dad was joking about going to a game next season when chicago is here with a sign that says hey patrick, I have 20 cents if you need it.
    Or something along those lines…..I was surprised when I heard this. He sure doesn’t look like the type to beat and rob a cabbie! haha

6. Visualdarkness says:

Wow, it even was on the swedish news (NHL-news, especially those not involving a swedish player, are very rare)!

7. nhldraftsim says:

Kane is such a good hockey player, but he is such a fooooooool too.

PS: Visit my NHL draft simulation site: nhl.draftsim.com

8. Max Powers says:

Wow Racki, that pic is gold. Gold I tell you!

9. Mr X says:

Ha ha ha. Laughs. If Kane wants to be known throughout the league, it’s certainly for the wrong reasons now.

“DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?!”

“Yeah, you’re the cheap bastard who beats on cabbies for nikels…”

Totally unacceptable behavior towards a cabbie by anyone, let alone someone with the “celebrity” status of Kane. I’d venture a guess the cabbie works harder for his change than Kane does. 20 cent is a good name for him though, I like it. I know the economy is in the shitter right now, but I really don’t think he’s feeling it.

Street cred + 1 for Kane.

I’d still like to hear his side of the story though. You never know what could have happened. For all we know, the cabbie tried to steal money from Kane. The cabbie says he didn’t know who Kane was, but maybe he really does.

I never would have thought Kane for a gangsta, but I guess you never know.

11. DropIt says:

I was kind of hoping when they said “Cabbie”, they meant the idiot from The Score.

It’s tough not to believe the cab driver, seeing as you can’t really make that stuff up. But I’m still going to wait for the whole story to come out. What questions me is normally in the States, and especially in the NY area, those cab drivers have that bulletproof glass dividing driver and passenger. I’m pretty sure its easier to break into Fort Knox than the front seat of a NY city cab.

But really? .20 cents? I guess the recession is hitting harder than I thought :P (lame, I know)

I would like to see Canada inforce the law that can now prevent Kane from entering the country (not sure what its called), as he is not a Canadian citizen and now allegedly has a criminal record.

Yah I was wondering why they didn’t have that or a video camera or anything. Like there was one story recently in the news (not sure if it was in Edmonton) where some teenage girls tried to frame a cab driver for sexual assault because they didn’t want to pay the fare. They said they were going to tell people he touched them (and they did say that). But lo and behold, Mr. Cab Driver (cue Lenny Kravitz) had a video camera.

Something like that would have come in handy with the Kane incident.

13. Mr X says:

I doubt the full story will ever come out. There will be some kind of agreement that will likely cost Kane a good deal more than 20 cents out of pocket.

I’d like to say common sense should have kicked in for Kane, but I’ve been in cabs at 4am before myself, and usually common sense gets left behind and has to find it’s own way home.

14. Max Powers says:

I’m skeptical too. The cab driver sounded like a fruit loop to me. His story sounds a little fabricated.

I have been in a cab at 4am and gotten beligerent before, but I’ve also gotten rides from some cabbies who try to screw drunk people over for cash and are quite beligerent themselves.

Cab drivers have probably the most thankless job, but some cab drivers give bad names for all cabbies.

15. Max Powers says:

In any case though, Pat Kane beat the shit out of a cab driver and now he has to pay.

So there’s more news on this Kane business, and apparently the cabbie’s lawyer is downplaying the incident. No details yet as to why. But I kind of figure that he probably wasn’t completely honest in what went down and left some key details out in his report. But who knows.. guess we wait and see! More info here.

17. Mr.Majestyk says:

The cabbie seemed pretty sketchy to me. There are two sides to every story, the truth lies somewhere in between.

18. Mr.Majestyk says:

Oh, I would like to add that Patrick Kane has atleast one hot sister. Probably two.

lol are those his sisters in the pic, you think? I just assumed they were his groupies.

20. Mr.Majestyk says:

I’ve seen a couple pictures of his sisters. The one is definitely hot, the one I suspect is hot is too young for me. lol.

I can verify that the sisters are good looking. Verified at the draft.

And don’t people tip anyone anymore?

Anyways, TSN is now stating that the cabbies lawyer is saying that everything is blown out of proportion.

22. DropIt says:

…. A lawyer not attempting to rake a pro athlete for everything he’s worth? Whether true or false that doesn’t happen. Sounds like the Kane party may have successfully paid off the other

I wonder if it cost them more than $0.20… sorry, horrible joke, I know ;)

24. DropIt says:

They probably bought him a new pair of glasses too. And maybe replaced his ripped shirt

25. Sean Weatherby says:

even if Patrick Kane was drunk at the time, i don’t think that will help him if the cab driver takes him to court

26. Hockey Noob says:

I am guessing that this incident ends with Patrick Kane writing a check to the cab driver for some undisclosed amount.